I missed this new Lupe

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ThatsNotMyName, Sep 29, 2013.

1. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

This shit is bananas... Bananas!

What's really dope about this is that Lupe is going overboard. I'm not one of those guys who get mad at Lupe being "too" lyrical -whatever that shit is-, I'm a guy who loves that shit and this is why.

Rappers have strong points. Kanye, Eminem... and there's a point where they do what they love to do and what has worked for them, but they push it a lil bit more and it comes out something that people don't like. Like Yeezus and the new Eminem's joint. Like when an amazing painter just goes crazy and creates something that people doesn't like.

But in Lupe's case, this shit works. Even the parts I don't understand are just dope, sounding like a mad scientist/lyricist and shit.
    test
  2. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I dont think rappers like eminem and kanye's recent projects are the result of them pushing their styles too much. In Em's case, he simply cant do his old style anymore no matter how hard he tries. In Kanye's case, he was trying something new and it didnt turn out well.

as for this lupe track, this shit is flames man. This works because Lupe is being Lupe. hes fully confident in who he is as an MC. Dude just might be the most complex rapper out and hes always talking about life, not random bullshit like other complex rappers.
    test