I may have had a "gay awakening"

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Scripture never "defines" marriage as only between one man and one woman. Rather, it repeatedly refers to examples of marriages that could be used to define it much differently. Yes, these same folks choose to only consider the story of Adam and Eve's creation for their logic and "Biblical definition of marriage" because it fits their worldview and the way they want marriage to be defined. However, using this same foolish logic, it could just as well be argued that incestuous relationships are "God's will." After all, God only made "one man and one woman." How do you think Adam and Eve's family were fruitful and multiplied? The Scripture also repeatedly says that God not only condoned but blessed the marriages of men with multiple wives, including a whole bunch of concubines to go with it. I guess that means that it is "God's will" that we do the same and we should be advocating polygamy? This argument would be just as ridiculous to so-called "traditional marriage" advocates as their argument is to marriage equality folks. The ridiculous lengths that this line of reasoning can go are limitless. Point being, stop taking select verses and trying to define something as "God's will" while ignoring the rest of Scripture.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Id love to see ur scripture reference.

cus ur buggin out.
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Interesting...
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

dude, its less about what god said and about what is kind, compassionate, and full of love.

those should be your main guides. If you hear something and it doesnt fall under those categories then you know something is probably wrong with what you heard.
    test
  5. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

LP comes of out the closet the thread
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

I’m convinced the Bible has a powerful message for gay and lesbian Christians — as well as straight Christians. But it’s not the message of condemnation we so often hear.

I’m not expecting you to take my word for it, though. I ask only that you’d consider what my research has taught me about the passages used by some people to condemn God’s gay and lesbian children. Then decide for yourself…

Most people have not carefully and prayerfully researched the biblical texts often used to condemn God’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender children.

Jesus says nothing about same-sex behavior.
    The Jewish prophets are silent about homosexuality.
    Only six or seven of the Bible’s one million verses refer to same-sex behavior in any way — and none of these verses refer to homosexual orientation as it’s understood today

In fact, the Bible accepts sexual practices that we condemn and condemns sexual practices that we accept. Lots of them! Here are a few examples.

DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21
    If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.
    DEUTERONOMY 22:22
    If a married person has sex with someone else’s husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.
    MARK 10:1-12
    Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.
    LEVITICUS 18:19
    The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman’s period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.
    MARK 12:18-27
    If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.
    DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12
    If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy’s genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.

Leviticus 18:6 reads: “You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female. It is an abomination.” A similar verse occurs two chapters later, in Leviticus 20:13: “A man who sleeps with another man is an abomination and should be executed.” On the surface, these words could leave you feeling rather uneasy, especially if you are gay. But just below the surface is the deeper truth about God — and it has nothing to do with sex.

Leviticus is a holiness code written 3,000 years ago. This code includes many of the outdated sexual laws we mentioned earlier, and a lot more. It also includes prohibitions against round haircuts, tattoos, working on the Sabbath, wearing garments of mixed fabrics, eating pork or shellfish, getting your fortune told, and even playing with the skin of a pig. (There goes football!)

What about this word abomination that comes up in both passages? In Hebrew, “abominations” (TO’EBAH) are behaviors that people in a certain time and place consider tasteless or offensive. To the Jews an abomination was not a law, not something evil like rape or murder forbidden by the Ten Commandments. It was a common behavior by non-Jews that Jews thought was displeasing to God.

Now what do the Leviticus passages say about homosexuality?

I’m convinced those passages say nothing about homosexuality as we understand it today. Here’s why. Consider this single Bible passage that was used for centuries to condemn masturbation:

“He spilled his seed on the ground… And the thing which Onan did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also” (Genesis 38:9-10).

For Jewish writers of Scripture, a man sleeping with another man was an abomination. But it was also an abomination (and one worthy of death) to masturbate or even to interrupt coitus (to halt sex with your spouse before ejaculation as an act of birth control). Why were these sexual practices considered abominations by Scripture writers in these ancient times?

You’ll also note that Romans 2 begins with “Therefore, [referring to Romans 1], you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself…” Even after he describes the disturbing practices he has seen, Paul warns us that judging others is God’s business, not ours.

Although the prophets, Jesus, and other biblical authors say nothing about homosexual orientation as we understand it today, they are clear about one thing: As we search for truth, we are to “love one another.”

A young Jewish scholar asked Jesus, “What is the greatest commandment?” Quoting the prophets, Jesus replied, “The great commandment is this… to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and the second command is like it, to love your neighbor as you love yourself.”

“This is my commandment,” Jesus said, “that you love one another, as I have loved you.” On this the Bible is explicitly clear. Even if we disagree about what the Bible seems to say about homosexuality, we can agree that above all else we are commanded by the Scriptures to love God and to love one another.

Can we support full civil rights for all… even if we disagree?

In this last premise, I’m asking you who disagree with my stand on homosexuality to support my stand on full civil rights for all people, including gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender Americans.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
    test
  7. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

i'm sorry man but the thread title fuckin' slayed the shit outta me :funny:

will come back later after laughing :funny:
    test
  8. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

This nigga's gay. lolol
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

gayer then aids tbh... :clapclap:
    test
  10. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

LP is a fag. nuff said.
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Look who's back!!! :)
    test
  12. Alias3000

As I said I would be.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Must be recess
    test
  14. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:)
    test
  15. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Lev 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them

No guess work here. LP is leaning on his own understanding...which is limited to his own understanding, which is not quite there yet.
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

pfff

if your god condemns people for being people then i dont want to part of his cult homie

I love all humans

^^ this trait is above is apparently what youre god is incapable of. Love has no boundaries and isnt guided by rules or judgements

love is love and has absolutely no boundaries. There are no guidelines for pure love, no rules on who it shall apply to, no source of judgement on anyone or anything.

and yet they claim that this version of chirstianity's god dislikes gays and thinks they should be put to death.....

sad, very very sad.
    test
  17. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

@ Busta

Where does it say YAH hates gays ?

Yah is a RESPECTER of NO PERSON, rich or poor, in power or not, striaght or gay.

He sees your heart and if it want's to seek him out or not, follow his LAW or NOT. Strive to know him with all your might, spirit, power and mind.

Or you can sit in your ignorance Busta and write of a GOD you do not even know about as incapable of love. Because he is not "for you", well he won't be there for you. Don't like his Law. TOUGH. He CREATED ALL. Humble yourself.

Much understanding is required and I see you have no knowledge of the Creator. Christianity is a pagan religion and it does not teach the scriptures. Get that. SO is Islam. Believe that.
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

ok youre right

i never saw the words "i hate gays"

but its pretty much the same thing when he condemns them to death, as in the quote you posted or says they are condemned because they arent straight

i dont believe god is capable of not loving everything

youre telling me god exists with judgement, and i dont want to be apart of a god who judges people cuz he doesnt like something he did....

this kind of implies he could change his mind at any time and not let me in.. or you, maybe hell decide he doesnt like people with mowhawks.

i bleieve in god, and im in no way worried i may go to hell. Im not worried in the slightest. Cuz i honestly believe that if god exists it is pure love. Which would mean not a single thing gets left out of heaven.
    test
  19. Alias3000

In a perfect world of Faggots, Homos and Rainbows you'd have a case, but unfortunately in the realm of reality, tapping anal is a sin.

LOVE - Lean Over for Violent Erection.

Love is for suckers....dick suckers.
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

youre not helping your cause lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.