I Lost My First GRB Battle ... BADLY

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by SpoonFull, Aug 23, 2013.

1. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

yeah but you cant do this with a scholarship

rain.gif
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  2. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

test
  3. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

22,900.? Wtf thats the cost of my small ass dorm room alone. Im obviously getting ripped off here.

Good shit tho Spoon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  4. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

That's wassup @SpoonFull - get this REP bro.
    test
  5. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

Lynx beat you badly but is working for Quick Trip....

is that what you are trying to point out?

wow
    test
  6. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

My nigga!
    test
  7. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

Although I'm not sure if you're a real human, I do want to explain why I thought this was worth sharing here.

a) I know there are some people here who are legitimately happy for me, and I wanted to share my good news with those people. I really appreciate it, everyone.

b) If there is white privilege, I have only enjoyed the very subtle variants of it. Still, I decided to bet on myself when I turned 18. I have spent the last 8 years of my life working for free in a field of science that interests me (or literally PAYING to work) and trying my best to be kind to everyone I meet. If I show up, I show up early with communal coffee and donuts. If my shift ends at 6pm, I don't clock out at 5:55 and call the other guys suckers. I had to teach myself basic arithmetic through trigonometry in one summer to just place into an Associate's Degree program before transferring to a university because my previous experience consisted of one class called "High School Math". I sold my camera and recording equipment and spent $1,000 on grad school applications/visits after finishing my Bachelor's. I have worked so hard doing doctorate research that I was admitted to the hospital last year for a staph infection my weakened immune system was unable to fight off. All of my recent research has been complete shit and my lab animals have been dying for reasons unknown. My advisor forced me to take up a hobby in place of constant work, so I went into the GRB and got mutilated in the 2nd round (lost $15, btw). The very same week, I learned that all of my work has finally paid off in a very tangible way. Just like that, in the midst of looking at a 27-1 score against Pete, a life-changing e-mail.

What do I have to show for working for free for 8 years? I will be 29-years-old with a Ph.D. working as a neuropsychologist which is quite literally a dream come true. All of the people who called me a bitch for staying home and studying or a pussy for being kind and gentle have nothing to show for their machismo but a drinking problem and probably herpes. Even more egregious, I have seen some of my black colleagues stop dead in their tracks because of harassment surrounding this fallacious "Uncle Tom" vitriol. If you do not want to work for "the man" your entire life, then do not fall for the myths. Humble yourself, work for free, be thoughtful, be kind, and do not let anyone tell you that the system is rigged against you. The world really does not give a fuck if you do well or not. That is a job that is reserved exclusively for you.
    • +Rep +Rep x 5
    test
  8. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Spoon if you ever need anything, let me know man.
    test
  9. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

wow
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  10. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

Congrats! That's fucking awesome.
    test
  11. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

*inspiration*
    test
  12. Instant Legend

Instant Legend Member

thats whats up!
    test
  13. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

No, he lost badly to my bro Free Lynx.

He also is in college.

Trill talk tho Spoon is a good man congrats bros.
    test
  14. Maggie

Maggie Well-Known Member

Good shit.

I have my degree and work, but I start a class next week. I need to take 8 accounting courses so I can sit for my CPA.

Education >
    test
  15. ENGengENG

ENGengENG victim of power issues

lost grb

won life
    test
  16. Nahmed

Nahmed Good Business

Congrats brother
    test
  17. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

good shit man

caps canucks finals
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. Zero-D

Zero-D Brilliance Unparalleled

Congrats dude, that's awesome!!!! About to start my junior year of undergrad in a few weeks so can deff. understand people putting in work when it's crucial.

Btw, if it's any consolation for your tourney loss, imo your RD1 was insanity!!
    test
  19. skrybe sk

skrybe sk Liberty Valance

dope shit. I cant wait til you start your own practice so I can vandalize your website with this old picture I have of you dressed in your girlfriends clothes...kinda regret never getting to use it in a grb but this way might be infinitely more fun
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  20. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Spoon: Beat choice was decent. Wow man, you definitely don't sound quiet or seem to be "whispering" this round. I luv the raw energy and organization of your flow. You went straight for the jugular, but did it with finesse, something you don't often witness. Solid drop.

GRB: Beat was eehhhh... Sound a little rusty on the mic, like you haven't touched it in 5 years. Your energy seems forced, and your audio quality sounds professionally amateur at best. Your content was mostly generic babble, you need to get outside of the box.

Overall: Easily a landslide. The GRB is aight, but Spoon is THAT MOTHER FUKIN DUDE on a whole other level!!
    ..... Get that good karma you deserve partna! Nice guys don't always finish last.... Where and when it counts. ;-)
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test