I like diet soda

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by P. Chase, Jan 1, 2014.

1. P. Chase

P. Chase Well-Known Member

Do y'all drink it? Shit ain't bad

I have diet orange soda, diet mountain dew, and diet ginger ale

It's got 0 calories which is the main reason why I drink it cuz I'm concerned with staying at a good weight

But it tastes the same I like it
    test
  2. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

I try to stay away from all soda, but I def don't fuck with diet soda, it has a terrible aftertaste.

Once in a while in the heat of summer nothing beats a Mountain Dew or Cream Soda, and I'll typically mix Root Beer and Orange soda if I get fast food, though I usually only have a few sips and leave it there, lol.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

hahaha if diet soda is all your doing to stay in shape then youre doomed...

youd do better getting back on regular pop and actually doing some excersize
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Diet Soda intensify migraines so i stay away from it.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i just think its pointless
    test
  6. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

Diet soda is worse for you....

Bottoms up
    test
  7. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

I love how fat ppl go into a fast food place and order like 6 pounds og fat greasu food and then say "and let me get a large diet coke with that.."

Like its gonna help..

Mother fucker just get a damn regular coke.. u know u want it.
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  8. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

^word

Never understood why people drink diet soda tbh

If u wanna watch your weight, quit drinking the shit all together.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. P. Chase

I do work out dude, you've been saying alot of dumb shit lately

There's a gym in my building I do the tread mill and bench press and other exercises

The point of drinking diet soda is that it doesn't have all the calories and sugar that regular soda does
    test
  10. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

i don't even know what a fuckin' calorie is
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

the point is its pretty much pointless diet pop is bad for you too
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

I don't like the after taste. Just drink a regular soda and do an extra couple minutes on the treadmill.
    • +Rep +Rep x 3
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

You read that right: Diet soda doesn't help you lose weight after all. A University of Texas Health Science Center study found that the more diet sodas a person drank, the greater their risk of becoming overweight. Downing just two or more cans a day increased waistlines by 500%. Why? Artificial sweeteners can disrupt the body's natural ability to regulate calorie intake based on the sweetness of foods, suggested an animal study from Purdue University. That means people who consume diet foods might be more likely to overeat, because your body is being tricked into thinking it's eating sugar, and you crave more.

According to a 2008 University of Minnesota study of almost 10,000 adults, even just one diet soda a day is linked to a 34% higher risk of metabolic syndrome, the group of symptoms including belly fat and high cholesterol that puts you at risk for heart disease. Whether that link is attributed to an ingredient in diet soda or the drinkers' eating habits is unclear. But is that one can really worth it?

Diet sodas contain something many regular sodas don't: mold inhibitors. They go by the names sodium benzoate or potassium benzoate, and they're in nearly all diet sodas. But many regular sodas, such as Coke and Pepsi, don't contain this preservative.

That's bad news for diet drinkers. "These chemicals have the ability to cause severe damage to DNA in the mitochondria to the point that they totally inactivate it--they knock it out altogether," Peter Piper, a professor of molecular biology and biotechnology at the University of Sheffield in the U.K., told a British newspaper in 1999. The preservative has also been linked to hives, asthma, and other allergic conditions, according to the Center for Science in the Public Interest.

Since then, some companies have phased out sodium benzoate. Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi have replaced it with another preservative, potassium benzoate. Both sodium and potassium benzoate were classified by the Food Commission in the UK as mild irritants to the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

^this.

diet soda is worse for u than regular soda. its also more fattening because the aspertame (fake sugar) tricks the body and it doesnt know how to process it.
    test
  15. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Funny how majority of Americans think diet soda is better for them.
    test
  16. DannyC

i dont think the "majority" does any more. i think its now the idiotic minority
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

Same number who thinks their government is good for them, lol
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. P. Chase

If diet soda is so fattening how is it that I drink it everyday and I'm in good shape, far from fat

Still I try to drink seltzer water more often, that I know is not bad for you
    test
  19. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

Diet soda can cause several problems from kidney to cell damage.

Diet sods has something regular doesnt.

Sodium benzoate and pottasium benzoate which has chemicals that can cause liver damage.

But so does beer so heh.....
    test
  20. DannyC

p. chase. im not expecting you to understand this, but whether or not you are physically within your weight range for what is considered average or healthy has a lot to do with a lot of other things, not just how much you drink soda. however, as compared to regular soda, diet soda has been found to contribute to weight gain more than regular soda, as due to use of chemicals that make you retain "water weight" type fat.

u cant just say, i drink diet coke, im fit, so youre wrong. thats not how it works, bro. u got aids btw
    test