-I learned the lesson every writer already knew

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by RealMS, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

and that is to always have more than one copy of your work. When sending my stuff to have it possibly submitted somewhere-yes I do keep an extra copy. But my problem is I keep the copy on a floppy disk. I'm retarded. The other day I was saving something on one of them and I took it out to put another one in. When I switched it back I got an error saying the disk wasn't formatted, so I couldn't get my info. off of it. I had all of the previous stuff I wrote since April, which is a lot. Some of the things I have printed out but the majority of it-no.

I don't think I can save the disk, so I'm thinking all of my stuff is just gone now, but man-yall don't know how that feels to me! One minute it was working, the next minute it doesn't. I'm looking up information about it now but I just felt like sharing that with yall. I think it was Poetickz who once told me he printed all his stuff out. Thanks for the tip I didn't take! I kinda procrastinated in that.

-Keep writing, and um if you have any suggestions or anything concerning this, feel free to let me know!

Thanks
    test
  2. J Rocca

J Rocca New Member

i love your name, and i think i love you
    test
  3. RealMS

Why thank you-I love my name as well :tongue:

And back to what I was saying.
    test
  4. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

yea...i jus recently saved all my poems onto my c drive...so now i have every piece printed out and saved on the computer...i would also suggest realms...a flash drive...they dont need to be formatted and you can save tons tons and tons of work on it. there fairly cheap about 60 bucks for 256 mb i think...and they're more durable than disks as well. im sorry to hear you lost all your work, that seriously sucks...its never the same after losin a piece and tryin to remember what you did.
    one
    test
  5. Tempermentalist

Tempermentalist LetGoOfThePainMinistry

been down that road my friend...i lost a whole disk one time with a shit load...and i mean a shit load of work on it....that was tough...i coulda cried...lol
    test
  6. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I have all my writings on paper. And I don't plan on losing it. Except in high school, I had this huge notebook full of stuff, and one day i lost them........Found the books that were in my backpack, but i never found that notebook.
    test
  7. RealMS

To Mr. Temper, yeah I feel you man lol. I couldn't really get upset over that-but I wasn't happy either. I just had this whole questioning thing going on to myself, like whaaat? I've printed everything out in the past, but I didn't get around to that one in time. EH. And yeah Absolute, same thing. I carry my handwritten, "rough drafts" in my binder, can't stand notebooks-when I had them I'd just get them all tangled in one another, or tear it up and rewrite them b/c they were written messy, EVENTUALLY running out of paper. But I still have those kept! Thank goodness. I guess next week I'm hittin up Office Max.
    test
  8. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I've had that happen to me before =/ I was heartbroken but thankfully I only lost a *few* pieces for good I think.

I try to keep everything on paper, b/c I just don't trust technology. I think now I pretty much have a paper copy I've of everything I've written in the past 10 or so years.
    test
  9. ProjectEnglish

ProjectEnglish free beer tomorow

i lost liek 100 songs on my computer when it got a bad virus. that sucked...
    test
  10. Johnnie French

Johnnie French Voodooradio.podomatic.com

I suggest something easier then a flash drive zip it up and upload it and email it to yourself.
    test
  11. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

^^agreed!
    test
  12. Johnnie French

Johnnie French Voodooradio.podomatic.com

test
  13. RealMS

^thanks.
    test
  14. J Rocca

J Rocca New Member

dang that must of sucked
    test
  15. I'm sorry to hear that. I too have lost quite a collection of writings before, all you can do if they are definately lost, is accept them as a part of your development and in that sense you still have them, but then let them go and concentrate on the new works of the future which inspire and speed beyond the good and into the great.
    test
  16. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Hello marie.
    test
  17. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

Yes...yes...been here..I had a novel before..not complete but, my old friend Haroletta at the time was reading all 23 chapters.

She leaves it at her sisters house and it gets thrown away!!

THEN, Fall Semester last year I got my bookbag stolen. When someone returned it I felt so overjoyed.

For writers this is such a painful thing to deal with

*hugs*

It will get better soon.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.