I know this sounds like a Rookie but....Wow @ Me just discovering the black keys...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by P R I M O, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B. lazey

B. lazey soundclick.com/lazeyent

i use everything......i just sit there and play around on da piano until i hit some nice chords no matter if its black or white.....i have even tried usin keys together that don't theoretically sound rite if that makes since.....
    test
  2. ChaseCashe

ChaseCashe New Member

Good shit my nigs.

I must say, is a prime example of what this forum should be like.

Philanthropology my nig. Look it up.

You need to stop being so selfish.
    test
  3. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

test
  4. ChaseCashe

ChaseCashe New Member

test
  5. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

Must suck to be a lame ass nigga.
    test
  6. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

lol wow

Homie actin like you gotta load up black keys to play them, them shits been right there the whole time dion lolll all you had to was press down

Try this too, when you finish a beat, change the key of the whole melody down and sometimes the shit sounds iller. Like in FruityLoops you just Transpose down
    test
  7. ChaseCashe

ChaseCashe New Member

Must suck to be an obese ass nigga.

Nigga you gotta lift your stomach up just to play with yourself.
    test
  8. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

lmaoooo
    test
  9. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

test
  10. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

your obviously still a child, you need to take that shit back to the sandbox.
    test
  11. MrKnitty

MrKnitty B. Dre

I don't know how u been missing them. I mean is literally right in ya face. im okay at playing keys... I didn't notice til someone said it but a lot of kats here really do play in C

(C-E-G) they're favorite keys to play.
    test
  12. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

There go that gay sense of humor...

Faggot ass nigga.
    test
  13. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

I used only white keys back in the day...But when i learned the piano, learned what exact black key(s) plays with exact white key(s), every fucking melody has a black keys since then..

U can`t make a good melody and a complex/full melody without black keys.. When u your melody key is, for example, G.. So you played smtn like, g,d,g,e.. Count, how many chords u can literally use there?? Ughm?? Not much? That`s why half of yall people melodies sound fucking wack..

Use combinations, white n black..

Am i the only one except F Major who literally plays keys???
    yall gotta be fucking kiddin me, music producers.. lol..

P.S. now i understand why half of yall people bitched about my statements that sampling is fucking wack, learn how to make ya own shit motherfucker, don`t steal other people work motherfucker.

It`s not hard to learn keys people, just fuck with em all fucking night n day..

But for those who want to learn how to use black keys, i suggest the following..

1. Find some tutorials how to play famous song on keys (use youtube). For example, Rihanna - Unfaithful, u`ll have to use black keys a lot..
    2. Find smt more complex, replay some stuff u got up there in your workstation/keys.. Pianist, waltz or latin genre..
    3. Start makin melodies usin black keys..

P.S. if u don`t hear if the certain black key plays with certain white key, u don`t have musical hearing, quit making beats.
    test
  14. whitemikebeats

whitemikebeats New Member

truthfully, just learn how to replay certain songs and u learn alot of chords. i went from just samplin a year ago, to being able to play anything that i hear. and truthfully i know nothing about the keys, im lucky i know where the c key is at. but in my beats it sounds like i know scales and chords and eveything. I just call them keys that sound good together. lol..
    test
  15. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

LOL @ upping this old thread.
    test
  16. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Once you learn the theory behind building minor an dmajor scales. You'll know what black keys to use.. and even after you learn all your scales, you can still jump out of key and reverse chords n shit like that.

It starts with learning the rule behind building scales though. Once that is embedded, you can do whatever you like. Some people just dont spend enough time on their craft.

I appluade my nigga DP for actually studyin n shit.

Holla.
    test
  17. DL tha WhizKidd

DL tha WhizKidd baysickproductions

i learned major and minor chords a while back and it opened a lot of doors, however i'm still not comfortable with it, like i cant move from one chord to the next comfortably, and i still dont undestand the notation (I-IV-II type shit) or whatever it looks like, everytime i read about it i feel like theres a step missing. and i dont really know how to do the key changes that make sense or sound good. i'm tryina learn tho...
    test
  18. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

wooow

i thought most cats who been into beatmakin for a long while knew about scales, sharps, n flats, none the less chords.
    test
  19. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

woooww, this thread is old...
    test
  20. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

I agree ....I use the blacks keys when ever Im playing with my Keyboard......But every now and then I rtys the white....

But like Bodi said we need to learn them sharps and flats...so we can then have a combination of Black and white keys...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.