I know I go on and on about how great ROH is...

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by abztrakt, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

[youtube]z6Gt0Dg8jMc[/youtube]

who's the fruit?
    test
  2. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

[youtube]SEao2avfLNo[/youtube]

tna vs roh
    test
  3. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

No, especially since you seem determined to dislike ROH for some reason.

Also, you probably won't find good ROH matches on YouTube. They've gone all WWE on YouTube and made them take down any ROH videos other than the ones they upload themselves.
    test
  4. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

that explains why i couldnt find many..

and i dont dislike roh for no reason, what makes me dislike it, is the fact its fans make it seem like the second coming. . wrestling is more than flips.. and even if the matches are good, that isnt enough to garner interest.. ask tna on fsn.

the bottom line is , they need to get on tv.. because right now, most their fan base are reject attitude era fans who are bitter at mainstream wrestling for not being what they want it to be
    test
  5. abztrakt

They don't need to get on TV though. It's not their goal to compete with WWE or anything, and they're making money the way it is, so why fuck that up by getting locked into a contract that will probably screw them over monetarily because nobody REALLY wants to put wrestling on TV right now so anyone other than WWE has no negotiation leverage, not to mention that it would hurt the product because they suddenly have to answer to the network's standards and practices. If ROH can make money while putting out the product they want and not having to answer to anyone, why not keep it that way? They'll do cable when they get a cable deal that works for them, but they definitely don't need it.
    test
  6. abztrakt

Being dependent on TV to survive is what killed both ECW and WCW after all.
    test
  7. Macabrelli

Macabrelli Chief Quasi Quasar

exactly. networks hate to try new things.

Plus it's almost impossible to tangle with WWE on the financial tip unless you have a Ted Turner backing you, so a cult following works out just fine.
    test
  8. ReaSuNN

ReaSuNN I need 1 of me 4 effort

which storylines have they produced lately worth liking?...
    test
  9. abztrakt

The evolution of Jimmy Jacobs in ROH is better than any storyline WWE or TNA has produced since at least 2001. Not to mention the Homicide vs. Colt Cabana feud or the ROH vs. CZW feud, which turned into a great run to the ROH world title for Homicide.

And star power means nothing to me when they don't do anything interesting with the stars they have.
    test
  10. ReaSuNN

ReaSuNN I need 1 of me 4 effort

i like the way Gabe has been able to keep folks relevant and involved in something storyline wise pretty affectively since about 05...u develop a connection with the characters...anybody on the main roster has something going on storyline wise...even as the roster grew he kept folks revelant...small fueds here and there...a underdog to get behind...the delirious rise...rise, fall, and remergence of jimmy rave...the evolution of jacobs...homicides road to the title...danielson's title reign...davey richards staying consistently on the brink...cabana/lacey...a friggin woman's fued...c'mon...everybody has a roll...briscoes doin anything to prove tag team superiority...everything stays relevant ties in and whatnot...joe passing the torch to morishima i could go on and on...everything stays pretty wide open for anybody on the roster as well never had a 2time world champ in company history top stars are established but don't dominate to the point it comes off as RoH having no faith in just anybody carrying the mantel for the company...
    test
  11. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i hate that i cant get the ppvs so i cant really get into it

wats a good torrent site where i can get them?
    test
  12. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

TNA had star power then

Jarrett, and then eventually getting Jeff Hardy, DDP, Hall, Nash, random Nascar drivers and it really didn't help

But yeah you aren't competing with the WWE unless you got money. Perhaps somebody will luck out and Mark Cuban will decide to get into wrestling
    test
  13. abztrakt

Cuban having billions plus his own network would be a good situation. The only problem is that there's not a whole lot of talent left not under contract to WWE, TNA or ROH. ROH getting a bunch of money behind it but keeping creative freedom would be amazing, but I don't see that ever happening.
    test
  14. abztrakt

I love that people don't do shit for no reason in ROH, there's always a motivation that fits with their character. The best example other than Jimmy Jacobs that I can think of is BJ Whitmer. He had always belonged to a group like the Prophecy or Lacey's Angels, then when he turned on Jimmy, he didn't have a group, so he joined in on the ROH vs. CZW feud and was willing to do ANYTHING to get the fans behind him. When that feud was blown off, he was the only one clinging on to it, doing the no-rope barbed wire match against Necro. Then when he couldn't get anything more out of that, he started feuding with Jimmy Jacobs again to get the fans behind him. When that finally got blown off, he totally floundered until he finally started snapping and was easy pickings for Adam Pearce to get inside his head.

As far as the world title, I like that they keep the title on guys for long enough that title changes seem important, but they get the title off of guys before their runs get stale. I can name every ROH champion since the very beginning with no trouble at all. I couldn't possibly name every champion for any other company during that time. Not just that, but both of their titles seem important because EVERYBODY seems to want a shot at it. It's just smart booking.
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

AGE OF THE FALL (NEW)

[youtube]3reUaO8-rZU[/youtube]
    test
  16. abztrakt

ANOTHER BIG TEN SALE ON ROH DVDs. (A bunch of DVDs for only $10, 10% off your purchase)

Final Battle 2006 is included in this one, and it's one of the best shows of 2006. Briscoes vs. Kings of Wrestling + Homicide getting a world title shot in NYC that's been built up for months = quality.

I'm pissed that they ended the 30% off sale and the next day finally made the Glory By Honor VI weekend DVDs available. It makes sense from a business standpoint, obviously, but I still wanted to get them for cheap.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.