I just saw Hostel...

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by .:Pain:., Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Now, my whole day's fucked. That shit was nuts. I suggest everyone go see it, unless you scare easy. Or if you get sick easy. Or if you don't like gore. Basically, if you don't want a movie to make you uncomfortable, don't see it...
    test
  2. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Eh, I don't watch movies like that.
    Shit like that effects your mind.
    I don't watch slasher movies or those "demonic" type flicks...

Natalia talked me into watching "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" at the theatre and my head was all scrambled up for like 2 days...
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

^I prefer things that effect my mind. And if Exorcism of Emily Rose fucked with your head, then DEFINATELY don't see this shit. I've seen them both, and Exorcism is like fuckin' Barney compared to this shit...
    test
  4. .:Pain:.

Oh and this wasn't technically a Slasher or demonic type movie. Kinda was on the outskirts of the horror genre. Kinda like Saw, except less psychological, and wayyyyy better actors. And much more gore. Much more...
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I'm gonna peep.
    test
  6. .:Pain:.

^Well worth it. Go blazed if you smoke. I know stoner's say this a lot, and it has lost all it's meaning to be honest, but being high enhances the movie. Makes you squirm a whole lot more, and it makes you better able to put yourself in the character's shoes...
    test
  7. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Yeah it would. I don't blaze anymore though.
    test
  8. .:Pain:.

^No doubt, you'll enjoy it anyway...
    test
  9. Madpoet

Madpoet why is this so short....

I love movies that psychologically affect me but not to the extent I was told this would
    test
  10. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

been meaning to see this

looks like a hardcore, grimy movie
    test
  11. .:Pain:.

I don't understand. Like movies can psychologically affect me, but not to the extent to where I wouldn't want to see. Clockwork Orange was much more psychological than this, as was THX, umm, I think it was THX 1113 or somethin' like that, George Lucas' first movie. Just about any Kubrick movie was more psychological than this. The only psychologically disturbing thing about this movie was it's premise. The other stuff was just gore. Saw fucks with your head more than this movie does. This movie just makes you sink in your seat and squirm a whole lot. Much more than any other movie I've ever seen. In terms of lasting images in horror films, that supercedes every other movie I've seen by miles.
    Hardcore and grimey it is. You can tell some parts (like the ending) were edited to make the cut for an R rating. I can't wait to see the unrated version...
    test
  12. Nfamou§tylez

Nfamou§tylez M O N S T A R R

is kane(WWE Superstar) really in that movie?? or is it on that SEE NO EVIL movie that he's in???
    test
  13. .:Pain:.

^See No Evil. They showed that preview before the movie. Looks whack. Along with Final Destination 3. There was some other preview about a buncha ghosts that get trapped in this girls computer. Shit looked pretty dope, can't remember the title though...
    test
  14. Nfamou§tylez

but im saying, is kane in that movie hostel
    test
  15. .:Pain:.

Nah, he's in See No Evil...
    test
  16. Nfamou§tylez

word word, so whats this movie about??
    test
  17. .:Pain:.

Three kids are backpacking through Europe, when they go to this hostel. They meet this Russian dude that's like, yo, go to this hostel in Slovakia, you can bang maddd hot bitches and they'll love it. He showed 'em pics of him and two other girls gettin' down, so these dudes were like, wow def gotta go check this place out. So they go to this hostel in slovakia, where they meet and share a room with these two stupidly hot bitches with really nice tits. Oh yea, a lot of nudity in the beginning of the movie. So yea, these dudes have a good time with bitches gettin' drunk n shit, gettin' crazy or w/e. But then, the two of em disapear and supposedly check out of the hostel, leavin' the one dude there, so he goes lookin'. And yea, that's about as far as I'm goin for those who are gonna see it...
    test
  18. .:Pain:.

Oh yea, if you seen the commercial, you can basically put the pieces to the puzzle together. There's no twists in this movie, everything basically is what is. It's very straitfoward, and god bless Eli Roth for not conforming to the usual crazy twist at the end of a horror film quota. Shit was just perfect the way it was...
    test
  19. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

SAW was a badass flick.
    I like the Saw, Seven type movies.
    I just don't like that demonic shit. Emily Rose only messed with my dome because of the posession shit. I've seen it in person and it's some fucked up shit.
    That Barn Scene is the one that tripped me out.
    test
  20. .:Pain:.

^You've seen possession in person? Doesn't the family need to permit that? As well as the Arch-diocese (sp?) if and exorcism is taking place?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.