I just came out of hiding...

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by ANDtheMC, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

its same as someone dominating on the floor then bein stupid an standing the last 30 seconds an gettin knocked out
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

That's just ignorant. You cannot tell me if any fighter was laying on top of another fighter for a span of 45 seconds and only threw 2 strikes, you would not expect a stand up. Stop being stubborn. You know I'm right... Be realistic please?
    test
  3. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

This is definitely been the first time I've seen a hardcore BJJ lover actually want a stand-up in a fight.
    test
  4. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Come to think of it, Fedor's only loss was a cheap win.
    test
  5. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

cut on an illegal strike
    test
  6. jayoo

your such a whiner, there was no reason to stand them up do you see articles all over with controversy over the fact they didn't get stood up? no, is anyone else even in agreement with you? no, so explain what you seen no one else in the world seen im lost
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

there's this thing called positioning and setting up your opponent. why waste punches when there's nothing to punch at? he got on top of him, got him into position, then started working. the basics of ground and pound.

also, he was saying the fight was cheap (i believe) because in their first fight, the ref stood them up after 1 punch to the back of the head which was because mir was turning over while brock was punching him. that had never ever happened before. it was always 2 warnings, then stand-up and point deducted. never after 1 punch due to the other person moving.

that was cheap because had the stand-up not occurred, brock would've ruined him on ground and pound. but it doesn't matter, that happened and the rematch was as expected.
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Idiot... Again, the reason people aren't complaining is because the fact that it wouldn't have made much of a difference. I'VE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT. The way the fight was going, Brock would have won anyway. BUT REGARDLESS, 45 SECONDS WITHOUT ANY ATTEMPTS TO ADVANCE AND ONLY THROWING TWO WEAK STRIKES GET STANDUPS. And there was no controversy? How about the fact that the entire arena started booing and even chanting stand it up? It was pitiful. They stopped booing and demanding a stand up when Brock actually started doing something....

Nobody was complaining? How about nearly the entire arena? Hmmmm... Yeahhhh... And don't tell me it was because it was in Mir's hometown because that's bullshit. When Brock actually started pounding on Mir, the fans were going crazy (cheering). And on top of that, they stopped yelling for a stand up once he started working.

AGAIN, BE REALISTIC. Admit when you're wrong.
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I know there's something called positioning... I've trained jiu-jitsu. I know about transitioning and moving to more dominant positioning... BUT NO! Brock was not attempting to transition. You can almost see he had a 'lil nervousness at first at trying to move because the more you attempt to transition and strike, the better chance you can get swept and/or submitted because to transition, you have to create a little bit of space. On top of that, you can even see Brock completely positing his right arm so he doesn't get swept... AGAIN, at first, his confidence was low... It started building as he started landing strikes and seeing Mir couldn't sweep him (his base is too solid and he's too big/strong).

And no... It wasn't 1 punch. Go watch the fight again... It was more like 3... And Mazagatti claimed he warned Brock but I think that's bullshit. But either ways, he hit him three times in the back of the head....

And that's not true either... The difference was, in that fight, Mir actually had space to work... Even when Brock had him in side control and ground and pounded him, he went for two arm bars which shook Brock up. He was not going chest to chest so Mir had room to work... Mir worked submissions and Brock got scared so he stood up. So this is nonsense.... Go watch the fight again... From side control, Brock almost got arm barred... WHY? The same shit I've been saying... He had space where as in the second fight he wasn't trying to transition or move so Mir didn't have space or the ability to move his hips (crucial in jiu-jitsu)

Two crucial things in jiu-jitsu is wrist control (which Brock won that department - more based on strength) and positioning/body control (Brock won that too being he didn't allow Frank Mir to move his hips).... But for 45 seconds to not attempt a transition and only throw 2 strikes does qualify for a stand up....
    test
  10. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

Stop whining mir got annihilated. Had no chance.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Who the fuck is whining? I already stated this... Fuck outta here with your nonsense. I'm stating my point. IT'S MY EDUCATED OPINION (edited), THAT FIRST ROUND SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOOD UP. If someone says something that conflicts with my statement, I have every right to state why I feel that person is wrong. If that's whining, you're a complete moron. I didn't know an educated debate was considered whining. SAY SOMETHING SMART, MORON.
    test
  12. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

I'm saying in Mir vs. Lesnar 1 was there any point in that match where you thought Mir was at least on equal ground with Brock?
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No, he looked better. It was obvious Brock was very new to the ground game of MMA. Again, it showed when Mir tried to arm bar him two times and he didn't know how to react but to just muscle out of it and then stand up in fear of getting submitted on the ground.
    test
  14. jayoo

hahaha hahaha, the crowd boos ALL the fuckin time where have you been these past 4 years???? theres fights where work is bein done on the ground an the crowd boos, if you didn't realize the general mma crowd likes standup yet your not a real mma fan haha what's even funnier is you acknowledge mir stood no chance an yet your gonna bitch and whine about somethin that doesn't even matter
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. jayoo

whiner
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You're an idiot... So when George St. Pierre was on top of Thiago Alves, they were booing right? RIGGGHHHTTT!!! Shut up. You're just proving more and more you're an idiot. THE DIFFERENCE WAS GEORGE ST. PIERRE DIDN'T THROW 2 PUNCHES WITHIN A SPAN OF 45 SECONDS. He was attempting to advance the entire time and throwing punches (even if most weren't landing!).

AGAIN, BE F'REAL.
    test
  17. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Idiot.
    test
  18. 3ternal

3ternal Stay hungry my friend.

LMAO the only time it looked like Mir had a chance was literally before the first bell.
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You probably don't understand jiu-jitsu too well then. When Mir went for those two arm bars, anybody who understands ground game knew Brock was in some trouble. Not saying Mir wasn't, but fact of the matter is that Mir was still aggressively looking for submissions. Even him clenching to get Brock to push off and straighten his arm was a set up to attempt an armbar (which he did). Then what happened? Lesnar got scared... So he stood up. Again, if you understand jiu-jitsu better, you'd know better. AGAIN, not saying Mir wasn't in trouble... He was...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.