I Just Bought Loaded Lux's "Beloved" LP...

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Soda Popinski, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Bitches Love Soda

I Just Bought Loaded Lux's "Beloved" LP... [Now With Album Review/Pics]

Official Review

Artist: Loaded Lux
    Album: Beloved
    Length: 7 Songs (22.7 Minutes / 24.6 MB)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SCALE
    1 = Trash
    2 = OK
    3 = Good
    4 = Dope
    5 = Classic

1. Rite [2:52] ft. Ahk 2G's (Produced by Ahk 2G's) - This song sounds like it's fresh outta 2000-2003. Beat is nothing special and the chorus is borderline trash. Just talks about how fly he is pretty much. Lux doesn't get too lyrical on this joint but I guess he isn't supposed to on the intro? Maybe?
    2 = OK

2. You Can [2:29] ft. Fred Da Godson (Produced by Yala) - This song is better than the intro but the beat sounds mad dated and badly mixed. Lux came with it but he got outshined by Fred. This joint pretty much speaks on the hustle, telling their story while encouraging others to get it.
    3 = Good

3. We Own The Night [4:08] ft. Bump Pro (Produced by Aaron of Obsidian Beats) - I'm guessing this is Lux's attempt at a club joint. He surprisingly sounds dope on it. The hook on this joint is good and the beat is decent. Speaks on stuntin', clubbin', etc. Not too much more to say about this one.
    3 = Good

4. Choose [3:50] ft. Bump Pro (Produced by Veano) - This joint is about a bitch complaining about the sacrifices Lux has to make to be a rapper. He's pleading to her that he doesn't want to have to choose between her and Hip Hop. Again, the beat is nothing special. The hook is almost cringeworthy by Bump Pro and badly mixed. I'd say this one is a skipper.
    2 = OK

5. Santino [3:20] ft. Henny Da Don (Produced by Veano) - What more needs to be said about this joint? Beat is flames, lyrics are flame, hook is dope. Only thing I don't like is the mix and that's because they changed it.
    4 = Dope

6. True Love [2:51] (Produced by Ahk 2G's) - This is my favorite song on the whole joint. This is a song dedicated to his son but it's pretty dope and not your average, everyday, cliche "I love {insert family member here} type of song. Beat is simple but it does exactly what it needs to do. I might like this even more than Santino.
    5 = Classic

7. Houston Tempo [3:19] (Produced by Bump Pro) - What the fuck is Loaded Lux doing?! This joint is TRAAAAAAAASH. I'm not sure if this is his attempt at a semi-southern joint but this is NOT his lane. The beat is subpar, the hook by Lux sounds forced, shit... even Lux's lyrics are terrible on this one. Way to end the album. Only outright trash song on the whole thing.
    1 = Trash

Final (Random) Thoughts:
    This is just an album. I wouldn't say it's really... good. But I wouldn't say it's bad either. It just... is. Lux says "Belooooveeed" hella times throughout and it bodies me every time. :funny: Whoever mixed/mastered this joint needs to be fired and never hired again. Lux needs to find his lane and stay in it. It sounds like he tried to tend to too many demographics on here and it messed with the flow and cohesion. Plus the shit is 7 songs and there are only 2 verses on every fucking song! This is the opposite of that work tbh. I hate to say it but I definitely got jerked, NH. This wasn't worth $12, which is why I have the download link on deck for anyone who wants it. Oh... and 'True Love' is DOOOOOOOOOOOPE. The only song I've put on repeat outside of Santino.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. WHATTHEFUCK

WHATTHEFUCK Member

test
  3. khowyunfat

khowyunfat Active Member

I m gonna.cop just.to support and I havent purchased music since GFK Fishscale
    test
  4. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

i wonder how many people are really gonna buy this and how much bread lux is gonna get

hopefully he makes a bunch of loot and all his "work" pays off

its amazing that he made more of a splash in URL with one battle than anyone else has ever made in their career
    test
  5. Soda Popinski

I've never bought a battler's music tbh. Hell, I don't even buy albums period. We got the internet for that.
    test
  6. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

is that fastest way 2 harlem track on it cause it wasn't on his mixtape? cause if it is i'ma cop

[youtube]ctoK1KTM04M[/youtube]
    test
  7. Soda Popinski

I have no idea. There was no tracklist. I'll have to check for it once it comes in the mail.
    test
  8. Met-A-Forikal

Met-A-Forikal Time, cunt!

Bought it at SM2. Still haven't taken the time to listen to it yet.
    test
  9. earlyearly

earlyearly Active Member

Did you have to pay a divine 7 for it?
    test
  10. Soda Popinski

$12 imo.
    test
  11. uuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuu DOUG MUNNIE ~EZmunnieCLIQ

let me getit
    test
  12. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

i'm gonna ccop to just to support , cause LUX is actually bringing real spittin back to URL
    not this repetitive gun bar / yelling "talk to em" type battling

where ya'll cop it from?
    test
  13. FriiedD

FriiedD Member

Was actually just thinking about this a couple hours. Would love a full review on this album. I like to show support to battlers by copping their album if it's dope. I thought Lux was lyrically incredible in the battle and I'm intrigued to know how his music is
    test
  14. Soda Popinski

Loaded Lux
    test
  15. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

fuck it, i just copped it, hope the boy brought the goods or i'ma fly to harlem and give the nigga that work
    test
  16. ghettonetics

ghettonetics remember, i got money!!

fun fact: not a single battle rapper in the universe is capable of making good music
    test
  17. ghettonetics

ghettonetics remember, i got money!!

vakill and papoose come the closest

and if they were never battle rappers im totally shocked
    test
  18. coldcat206

coldcat206 The North West

Purchased it earlier today. Lets see how long it takes to get here.

He could send a blank CD and i would still be fine with it hahaha...id be mad but then say fuck it his battles are well worth donating the bread to him.
    test
  19. PHENOMENON

PHENOMENON Blessed By The Beats..

He needs a download link!
    test
  20. Sky2real

Sky2real Active Member

He's definitely not doing enough to push his album....nobody knows where to buy it, a track list isn't easy to be found, doesn't even mention it (at least from what I've seen) in his recent interviews.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.