I having a hard time getting an answer

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

it doesnt bother me cus i know the source of the influence.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

God isnt the author of bad stuff but he allows it to test people or as judgement to them
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Fatty Goodness

Fatty Goodness Registered Bruiser

you didn't even read it
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

Read what the bible? Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

i'll put money u got no facts that disprove i am your god i'll step it up and even say you can't disprove that i am using supernatural abilities to post this message rather than a computer like you, mere mortal.
    test
  6. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

jason, what kind of church did you go to exactly? i ask because i've heard those arguments before, usually from evangelicals who also doubt the legitimacy of carbon dating and claim that everything from dinosaur bones to fossil fuels are from the flood. of course in reality, fossilization takes millions of years. i don't think there are any credible scientists that support any of these ideas.

the biblical narrative of humanity (6000 years or so) is relatively accurate though it only deals with the dawn of known 'civilization' and onwards... it doesn't address the millions of years of evolution as well as the hundreds of thousands of years of human hunter-gatherer tribes.. but some of that is understandably hard for religious people to accept so i wont press the evolution tip here.. but overall we're looking at a history of around 6-7 million years from advanced primates all the way up to modern man.. if you don't believe in evolution and only count fossils that are homo-sapien then our biological history is even more recent, but still much older than 6000 years.

the last of the dinosaurs supposedly died off in a mass extinction somewhere around the end of the cretaceous period about 65 million years ago. so we didn't coexist, unless you simply deny the scientific timeline and invent your own. it's plausible that those verses of scripture were referring to more modern versions of massive organisms.
    i don't know if you're misunderstanding the theory of relativity or what, but that's not how it works. time slows down based on the rate you are traveling (the faster you go the slower time moves) or your proximity to a massive object such as earth (but not limited to earth, ANY object with a gravitational force would have this effect). and as you travel into space time moves faster not slower, so time here on earth actually moves slower than in our atmosphere and so on.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

thats a good q...

you know what drove me from giving church a chance? the fact that god is so mean and judgemental. The way they describe him hes more like a tyrant than a god, he acts like humans would. "NO! you didnt say your prayers so im not letting you in heaven! so there!"
    wheres the godlike traits? above humans? above the snotty attitude were led to believe he has. All loving except those who might have serious questions.... sounds like a jerk of a god.

my god is 100x better if thats the case.

the god i imagine understands. and doesnt get pouty.
    test
  8. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

^i agree 100%. i can never be sure if god exists or not but christians always say, don't you fear judgement? i don't fear judgement because i know that is a lie. if god does exist then it must be advanced beyond our comprehension so it seems unlikely to me that its priorities would be so out of wack. in fact you could even say that i have faith that any all knowing all powerful god is not going to send me to hell for not joining the right fanclub.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i just think it doesnt matter what you believe we all go the same place

and were all wrong when it comes to what it actually is.
    test
  10. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

I went to a nondenominational christian church. It used to be baptist though.
    test
  11. Fatty Goodness

Fatty Goodness Registered Bruiser

whatchuthinkboutdat?
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

okay. What is at the utter most north. And what changes in space at that point in the sky.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

God is not like that. Why would he lower himself to servant stautus on earth to die for us sinners when hes a God that rides on our prayers and worship. GOD So loved the world. Even tho were aarogant, self centered, hateful, envious, greedy, prideful, and every other plural noun available. And still he loved us, even if we didnt love him. If God is love how could he be wrath, or hate? Its immpossible. but u
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

Wouldnt understand that type of love because humans arent even capable of producing agape love. All the wrath an whatnot ur refering to is essentially mans own judgement on himself. Throw in some suggestions of evil by the devil an we create our own perfect storm of destruction on our own.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

Ive heard ideas about the genisis gap that we are actually the 3rd mankind.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

the book was written for reference purposes and approximate calculations. we can't properly asses it nor science yet because we have yet to reach the level of enlightenment that is spoken of in the bible regarding end time issues.
    test
  17. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

You sound like you're following blind, LP. You're slowly chiseling away at the Bible as if it isn't anything more than a written version of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood of Make believe. There are plenty of books, TV shows, and hell... even religions that can teach you the same thing without being historically accurate. Why not choose one of those instead?
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I think no matter what religion you are, no matter how much you believe. We all go the same place

they act like god is a snob.

Hey i understand thinkin that if someone is a bad person they will go to hell, but to say someone will go to hell cuz they dont worship christianity is a total bunch of bullshit. Thats my problem with religion. Everyone thinks they are right and all high and mighty. My religion is the true religion! what a crock.

I personally believe it doesnt matter what religion you are. As long as youre a good person.

organized religion is the root of all evil. Next comes money.
    test
  19. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

and of course the obvious problem with thinking the bible is just a bunch of moral fables is that it was originally taught as historical fact... the real historical narrative of the creation of the universe. if noah's story wasnt real then who says adam and eve was? that could be a moral fable as well. hell, who says that jesus really performed miracles or resurrected from the dead besides the bible? this could all be seen as a metaphor to convey a moral principle, yet suggesting so is inherently blasphemous.

to put it simply, you can't remove one link in the chain without effecting the perceived legitimacy of the rest of the biblical narrative
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

im trying to fit the idea into a comfy box for you to follow

i don't follow blindly and if i did, that wouldn't be any different than those who object the bible.

just because the sky looks blue, doesn't mean in all actuality it blue the closer we get to the source the more clear things become to man.

if looking from a distance or skeptical view, when acknowledging the bible, you may run into things you don't understand or agree with..

there may be stories in the bible that don't make sense or seem unrealistic or historically aren't precise, that's only bc your leaning on your "worldly" understanding

god has a higher calling for us

to not be only see'ers but believers with faith, that's how power become manifest.

it's a spiritual warfare we are all battling.. i chose the side, that i feel would benefit mankind more than benefit the enemy.

the enemy want's to kill us and stop the reproduction of the human race.

that's why we have

abortion
    homosexuality
    racism
    war
    famine
    diseases

these are all means to exterminate us

and majority of mankind is doing what they do best

wasting time and energy in the wrong areas

not doing anything about it

sleeping in, on the spiritual aspect

you've turned the bible into an idol once you've criticized it into syllables.

and that's what we were warned about idolism

god doesnt want us to waste time or energy arguing about his existence

he want's to reach out and touch our lives and supply us with favor and grace and abundance

unfortunatly we cut off all our blessings because we rely on our own strength and our own knowledge

im not being judgemental, im just defending my god. the one that i have seen work miracles in my life and others.. nothing in this world can deny and make me believe

god doesn't reveal himself to those who don't believe, but the ones that do belive and pursue him, they find him..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.