I having a hard time getting an answer

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Somebody answer me this. I don't know how I'm supposed to believe these creationists who will argue to the death that the earth isn't millions of years old. Creationism for me is the most important gap that needs filling. It's what made me drift from the church in the first place.
    test
  2. Fatty Goodness

Fatty Goodness Registered Bruiser

People made up God before they really understood how the universe worked and now that we can prove otherwise they can't conveniently say God made it that way so we all kind of pretend that it makes sense even though it doesn't.

Mark Twain been proving God ain't real though, peep game.

Mark Twain on Religion : Thoughts of God
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

who said the earth wasnt millions of years old.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. JASON ANTHONY

Christians who take the Bible literally.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

also some dinosaurs were present with man. Ill give you a scripture to back that up if youd like
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. JASON ANTHONY

I've seen the scripture.

So what killed the dinosaurs in your opinion, an asteroid or the flood?
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

Not sure. Couldve been either. The plant eating ones were around in job's day.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

Christians believe MAN hasnt been around all that long. Not dinosaurs. Look if God seeded the earth for plants after it was baron they had to take plenty of time to grow. My thesis is that every day in hevean is like a million on earth. So the 7 day creation very well couldve been millions of years. An proof of that is the further u get from our galaxy time slows down...food for though
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. JASON ANTHONY

Right. The behemoth.

Growing up in church I've been subjected to the explanation of dinosaur extinction being the fault of God's flood. The sediment covered the dinosaurs quick, trapping them and fossilizing them which could only otherwise be done by some meteor hitting the earth and causing devastation the likes of which the world had never seen. They claim the Earth is only 6,000 years old after doing the math from Adam to now.

My problem, like I said above, is that there have been no human or any type of mammal fossils dug up from the supposed time period of the flood. That, for me at least, blows the theory of the flood killing the dinosaurs out the water. No pun intended.

The shear size and age of the universe is another story all together.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

ill put money u got no facts that disprove god ill step it up an even say nor the biblical accounts
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. JASON ANTHONY

How does time slow down?

And why would the Bible say seven days if it was really seven million years?

If you think of it as millions of years you run into a problem. On the seventh day God rested. That would mean that the sixth day hasn't even ended yet since that was the day he created man and that was only 6000 years ago.

I'm puzzled.
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

well thats not right. The earth very well could be millions of years old. Humans not so much. In the bible it says indeed the dinosaurs were infact one of Gods first eartly creations. So they couldve died earlier
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

From anything. Yet some WERE here amongst humans. Heres a little something i learned about greek mothology while excavating for roman buildings the found the bones of the nephillam but thought they were (Gods) previous passed. Thats why all their gods are giants like cyclopse. I digress. Ok, time, time is not infinate. The further from earth u travel the slower time gets. If i flew to pluto an came back earth would be a million years in the future. The farther out same thing slower until eventially time stops.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

Btw they HAVE dug up giants bones. Theres a guy he went around to all the places and took pics. They exist. If i findout his name u can see pics for yourself.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

And the flood your talking about was to wipe out the nephiiliam and evil people.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. JASON ANTHONY

I understand who the flood was intended for. I just have a hard time with creationists saying it’s the reason dinosaurs fossilized even though the earth isn't old enough and all that junk.

I don't know.

I have a problem with the 7 days of creation still. Why say 7 days if it wasn't seven days? And how can you believe a book is all truth if you have to decipher line for line some hidden message? What are the idiots supposed to do? Blindly follow?
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

They are wrong logically, your right. Its just someone elses interpretation an humans tho maybe good hearted some cant find logic to explain it so they go "cus god said so" but no even many events and miricales in the bible have a plausable reason thats possible with nature even if it was directed by God.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

Actually im regressing. A year on earth is 1000 in hevean.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. JASON ANTHONY

Doesn't what you just said bother you? Essentially the bible was written by men who in this day and age would have the education of a preschooler. I'm not calling any of them stupid, mind you. I'm simply saying that for all they knew, the son was a spirit bomb that Goku manually moved up and down.
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Possibly they do have natural explanations, that's the thing. And of course you can say they were directed by God if you say God is all powerful. But what's the point? If there's a plausible natural explanation, that doesn't sound like God had to have done it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.