i have AROUND 20 for a new car

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by BPINCdef, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

My dad was gonna give me a 5k car, but recently passed extremely suddenly, and as much as THAT blows me, me and my mom have gotten a large sum of life insurance, n im lookin to drop around 20 for a new car
    Id like to have a 4 door car, with a little bit of speed but not too much as it would turn my mom away
    I like stuff like the new Pontiac GP, but only the cheapest model would appeal to my moms fear of me speeding and stuff
    So im lookin at IMPORT AND AMERICAN cars for 4-door, little bit'a speed, n aite gas mileage
    Any ideas guys? Ive got a couple, but seein what is suggested n what I may have overlooked

And im not lookin to buy a used car n get aftermarket this n aftermarket that
    This is the last car purchase ima do for a long time so I want a brand new car that I know will last long as i take care of it
    test
  2. {[A.R.B.]}

{[A.R.B.]} King Tres

dodge srt4 is a great choice...
    test
  3. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

dodge is a terrible choice..... you need to get that idea right the fuck out of your head.

there's a ton of nice cars out there for 20k... it depends on what you fucking want... you expect us to just list off cars that sell for 20k.. there's thousands. new/used/luxury/sport/suv.. you need to narrow it down.

for 20k you could likely find a nice ass full equipt GTP.. which will A) be more of family type car (so good for insurance and gas and yet still have high performance/speed)

you can go the luxury route... any Infinity or Lexus.. the IS300's are right around that price and that'd be new.

*shrugs*
    test
  4. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

First post by the topic starter concludes that:

Snikka, You don't read well, or just don't care to read....

Any Infiniti or Lexus.. around 20... where do you live? Since he lives in the DC metropolitian area, that shit is not likely and neither is that price anywhere else in this country.

Anyway to the topic..

Nissan Altima
    Maxima
    Saab 9-3 w/ GM discount.
    Mazda 6
    test
  5. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

Well tigre, you helped none, haha, thats exactally what I was lookin at, i guess il go that route then haha
    test
  6. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

Fuck it, throw in american cars too =)
    test
  7. Tigre

lol..what the fuck are you looking for then. There really isn't that many good cars for 20g's. Hell save 2g's and get a 2 door coupe Scion tC. Cheap insurance, cheap payments, and Toyota reliability. I mean what do you really want. If you are looking at teh cars I already suggested then this shit isn't that hard. You should easily be able to pick a car out of that group.
    test
  8. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

yea but there are some aite american cars too for 20 but i agree with your list, just boradenin horizons
    i really like the TC, not bull
    but cant stand the 2 doors cuz my crew is 4 people ALWAYS haha
    and we got a wrangler and a brand new grand prix gt, but still, id like to drive places, but well see, the 2 doors WOULD be ganksta
    seems more sporty, but I like the shit you listed
    hit me on AIM sometime, BPIncDef, weve talked before, but I think you ghost a lot now or new SN or never on haha
    test
  9. Tigre

lol.. yeah barely on and sometimes ghost.
    test
  10. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

well the only help I need now
    is what does the scion exhaust sound like? their exhaust kit you can add on when customizing your ride on the website? if it sounds like all these damn fart cans, which, based on scion commercials, i feel it does, then ill pass, but if not, ill go for it
    and last thing before i even run down to test drive one....will i fit? im 6'2 lol
    test
  11. Snikka

get a new GTP... they are like 350hp... fast and luxuryish ride...
    test
  12. Snikka

it's too broad.. there's a ton of cars out there, was my point.

I could go to Scottsdale Lexus RIGHT NOW and find a IS300 for around 22-23k and get it down to 20k.. gauranteed... why you acting like it's so impossible.

and you gotta be out of your mind saying I30/35's are shit.. I know a kid with a newer one right now.. it's reliable and luxury as fuck..

you trying to get him onto some fucking gay ass cars... Scion TC??? wtf is that shit... at least suggest he spends 20k on somthing decent..
    test
  13. Tigre

You can get a BRAND NEW Lexus IS300 for 22-23...lol.. fuck it give me the number to that dealership and I will call my fucking self.

As for the tC, it is cheap and affordable and under 20, and guess what it made more sense than that non sense you were talking about. HE said 20g's... not like 28 and shit, and new. Shit I saved him 3g's and give him a reliable car. Besides, I gave him 4 cars before that, that were better choices and I still think those are the best choices for his price range.

Yes I30's aren't anything... they had no class to compete in, they were subpar on terms of bang for the buck and was wiped out with a outdated and ugly design.

You have yet to name shit that is at that price NEW.. keyword.
    test
  14. Tigre

What.. .. GTO man... GTO

wait you said luxurious... I know you are confused now.
    test
  15. Snikka

You ever rode in a new one?

the available engines on 2005/2006 are:

200-hp, 3.8-liter V-6
    260-hp, 3.8-liter V-6
    303-hp, 5.3-liter V-8 (GTP)

so I was off... someone said 350 to me one time, so I researched it... they ride real nice man.. I believe at the time (about 2 years ago) he got a 2003 for a little over 20 on a GTP.. rides great...

call Scottsdale Lexus, it's the largest lexus dealership here in Arizona... why would I fucking lie?? I had a Lexus ES300 and went there routinely for shit.
    test
  16. Snikka

go look around cars.com or autotrader and go test-drive some cars

maybe you will like a used car cause you can get a nicer model instead of a NEW car that's right in your price range.

it's suspect that you have 20 grand to spend and can't figure this out for yourself.
    test
  17. Tigre

GTP... GTP

Now I know you meant GXP, sorry if you don't state the right trim, then I am not knowing what you are talking about. The new GT is the old GTP etc etc... I really hate Pontiac, so I never recommend them. I haven't seen one I liked, and when I test drove one about a year and a half ago, the car died on me during the test drive. I guess God was trying to tell me something. So ever since then no more Pontiacs.

But anyway... I still have to see this NEW Is300 for 23g's. That is about 5 grand under invoice..lol.. I will call today then.
    test
  18. Snikka

GTX's are nice... GTO's are not what I meant.. my fault.

probably not NEW like a 2005/06 IS300.. But I'm sure I've seen IS300's for 20-23k with real real low mileage.. fuck it.
    test
  19. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

tigre WAS right, you DO suck at reading posts
    my dad passed away and we got around 120 g's for life insurance
    were saving A LOT for my college, and i have 20 for a car so just figured id ask
    the only thing tigre named i hadnt already looked at was the tC and to be truthful it is worth lookin at
    and then RECOMMEND i look at used cars cuz that was the prices you were speakin on
    THEN recommend the highest horsepower model of a car....which is damn sure over 20
    lol, you have yet to make ONE suggestion that makes much sense based on what I asked
    test
  20. ghostman1000x

ghostman1000x New Member

nissan altima or toyota camry
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.