I have approximately 7G's to spend on a car...

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Offbeat, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

I was thinking about BMWs, or a Lexus SC... but i wouldnt mind one of the newer Integras... i'm not looking for the fastest car though

i want a blend of speed/looks/luxury
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

wait 7g's on a lexus SC...

So you want one with like 180k miles and up on it...

WHY?

newer integras.... RSX? sooo is this 7g's a downpayment, or what.
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

Yeah, I was in the same shoes as you. Your not going to get a very good integra first of all. Well, I dont know exactly how good you want it to be, but I dropped 9 Gs on a 96 SE, and I loved it, but then I spent my money on a 99 Mitsubishi Galant and I am a LOT happier with this car. It is extremely comfortable and it dips a lot more than my integra did too. If I had 7 G's I would go for more of the "luxurious" than they fast, because every man and his dog has an integra or a civic. Maybe a possibility for 7 is the Ford Taurus SHO, that is not that luxurious, but it is not one of those small little cars you can barely fit 4 of your friends in. It also dips a shit load more than any integra with 200 somehting HP.
    test
  4. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i could get a SC400 for 5g's with 150k...

by newer integra i mean, 96+...

how about some advice here?
    test
  5. Tigre

That is the advice....WHY... why get a car that old. I know lexus is a reliable car and has a good engine...but what beside wanting a "status" is the reasoning on getting a 10 yr old or older car?

BUt to help out on finding a luxury/speed/looks car... i would say a caddi i guess... although i hate cadillacs... i would say it could be a car to be had for cheap. Especially since cadillac can't hold their value for shit.

Integra, with speed looks and luxury...well not sure about luxury, and looks is opinon based soo i guess a GSR would fit the realm you might be looking for.
    test
  6. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

^ 10 year or loder car is bad? since when?

let me put it this way

my first car was a benz from 85
    i sold it for 1500 and currently i'm driving a nissan from 87

i car from 1993 is EXTREMELY new to me

i dont have loot yet... sure i could get a 1999 cougar or a 98 or better accord/civic, or suv.. but i aint into those things
    test
  7. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

Yeah, although Cadillacs are total pieces of shit
    test
  8. trifle

trifle New Member

just get a 98 altima or something like that....95 maxima....somethin around that area
    test
  9. Tigre

Didnt ever say it was bad, i said WHY? Shit my project car is a 91, so i never said it was bad to get.

I mean if someone said im looking for a car and i have 7g's to spend why would i be looking at lex, bmw, and what not. Status is the only thing it could possibly be. And really no status in a 10 yr old lexus. Also, the repair cost ont the car is crazy for any luxury import.

Sooo thus the reason i was wondering why. Trifle's suggestion with a maxima or something would be a better idea.
    test
  10. trifle

trifle New Member

you could also look into a mid 90s mazda millenia....the millenia s can be found for a decent price....i found one very affordable but well just didn't have the money, it uses an air compressor which acts as a supercharger, all while improving gas mileage (yes, i'm aware that other superchargers can do this as well)....what do they call it, the miller compression engine or something? shit i dunno and i'm just rambling right now anyways
    test
  11. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

99+gaants are real nice
    test
  12. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i will be taking a look at altimas/maximas/galants/millenias as we speak

*checks out ebay*

review of Altima - wow. cheap car. i can get a newer model, 99+. looks good. i'm sure it's reliable as well. hows the speed though?

maxima - definatly good. the v6 is great. yeah i could get a mid 90s, plus many aftermarket parts.

galant - could get a 2000, but i dont like the looks of it

millenia - looks pretty good, and could get a newer model

but whats the pickup on these cars (besides maxima)? my benz was 120 HP and that was OKAY.. i'de like 135+.

side note my current car is 93... horrible
    test
  13. Tigre

Altima, good reliable car. No speed, just a good car to take from A to B.

Maxima, great engine, good reliability.

Galant, decent car.

Millenia, well new they are overpriced and out of placed as far as defining a class. But used a good car.

Millenia S is ok on quickness... i guess a 7.5 0-60 210hp, the base is about 195 or something...i dont know.

galant, unless you get a old school VR4, is a low 14 sec car stock.... but the newer ones are decent i guess the high end model is as fast if not a little slower than a millenia.
    test
  14. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

^ Altima has 150-170 HP though...

btw, are these cars condusive to having systems? the benz had alot of metal muffling the bass but the stanza is great
    test
  15. Tigre

What altima you looking at.... the older generations.. had 150 hp tops on the GLE model if i am not mistaken... nowhere near 170 until the 2001 version came out.

And 0-60 was like 8.2.. soooo like i said slow.

Stereo is not my department..lol
    test
  16. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

^ I was looking at GXE actually
    test
  17. Tigre

well whichever the GLE, or GXE, the top of the line model has only 155hp... and the performance was listed above... like i said good car....but in no means any performance.
    test
  18. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

a yo..You know alot about everything else about cars...did you not pick up on audio stuff, or just never got into it?....also how the fuck do you know so much at automobiles?......you work at a garage??
    test
  19. Tigre

For some reason, never was interested in audio. When i get my audio done, i let my boy do the whole setup. He has been doing it for 13 yrs and gets me discounts, so i figured i would learn from him. Yet i havent, but slowly know i am learning about it.... but i know it is not my thing.

Tell you the truth, i really don't think i know that much. I worked at a shop back during my freshman yr of college. Mostly in sales. I have had hands on in installations of turbos, swaps, and very easy bolt-ons. I read alot on jap, and euro cars. Also, all my friends are pretty much into it. Even the girls i mess with or talk to have modified cars. The girl i am seeing now has a modified Audi A4 quattro. Nobody really in my family is into cars, except for me.
    I feel very confident about my knowledge in VAG cars and Supra TT's. I know a fair amount on hondas, but i think Polar knows much more than i do. I know alot on Toyota, Nissan Silvias, and other turbo imports. I mean its my hobby. I know many ppl with hot rides, learn from them, and my mechanic.
    And for some sick reason, i am damn good on specs on almost every automobile. For some fucking reason i can memorize that, but can't memorize some documents i have to do at work...go figure.
    test
  20. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

u think if i bought the altima i could soup it up into something fast?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.