I have always been a workaholic.

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

I agree with a lot of what you said. But at the same time, if you're a company and the company's goal is to make money. Why would you be content with keeping things the same.

The way the thing was organized was cause for a whole lot of theft and wasted man power trying to locate product. Yet when I proposed something, everything I did got dismissed or discouraged.

A way to save money, and improve efficiency is an asset, not a liability. Yet I was and constantly am being treated like the latter.

the worst is when they take your ideas, get rid of you and pawn them off as their own.

This seems to be a reoccurring theme in everything I do.

I am by no means a saint, perfect or believe that everything I do is right, but I know that more often than not I'd rather help than hurt. I refuse to acknowledge or give into "racism" but it's hard to go on, when all my options constantly get quelled. And those that should step up don't.

I won't give up. I don't really believe in it. Thank you.
    test
  2. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

"average homo sapiens..."

alright polyglot!
    test
  3. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

If I had a dollar for every time I've had to deal with people like this....

I worked in a small business, with the same mentality and work ethic as you, and put up with the identical behavior you described....for 8 years. I LOVED my work, but in the last few years was leaving work crying, and not wanting to go back. I didn't want to quit and give them the satisfaction, so I didn't. I plugged on, became more withdrawn, did my job awesomely...and in the end got fired because of stories and complaints on their part. Bullshit, but prove it.

Now I'm working in another job, and while I have learned not to take the bullshit, the rules never seem to change. People don't like it when you work harder than they do and get shown up. I've been threatened, I've had complaints against me, but the industry I'm in this time allows my work to prove itself...and I get pats on the back by higher ups. I'm very friendly, always with a smile and easy to work with...this drives my coworkers even more crazy.

Screw 'em.

Props to you for staying true to yourself and not giving up. That's admirable. A real show of character. You've already proven yourself to be a better person.
    test
  4. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

that's so wack. dealing with that for eight years?! that's ridiculous. i don't get why the people that love their work and like doing what they do, are being discouraged by those that don't.

not giving them the satisfaction of seeing you quit, and seeing it through. is dope. that's weak that they fired you. super wack. it's one thing to try and discourage someone from working, but the energy spent trying to stop someone, should be used to do work.

did they go to hr with the stories?

what type of industry are you in now? what type of work?

thanks for the props. real recognizes real.
    test
  5. MissAndrya

Nah, it never went to HR, just the owner. He was aware that one of the employees was stealing from him (either in her own pocket or giving product to friends/clients) and I'm talkin' to the tune of maybe 50-75 thou a year. But that didn't seem to matter.

In the end, I won. Not literally, but withing 3 years of me leaving, the company went bust.

Smugness on my part. They are all out of work.

That was in the floral industry, I still have my wholesale contacts and do weddings on the side, but now I'm a custodian for the local School Board. I love it.
    test
  6. WWByeye

WWByeye former White widow

I`ve had same kind of experiences, but it`s hard 2 choose....
    Get along w co-workers and not being satisfied of ur work or love your job cuz u do it so well and get shit every day and sometimes fired...I hope I won`t have 2 choose anymore. My crime register finally came (perfectly clean) so I should be able 2 start @ kindergarden...
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

hahaha kindergarden!

and yet you spelled everything correctly in this reply like a true champion, and didnt even purposely try and sound illiterate like 99% of your other posts. Even had correct punctuation and shit

hahah

faker
    test
  8. WWByeye

WWByeye former White widow

What`s illiterate?

I`ve been working @ kindergarden many times. When I met Mota I was a babysitter. So what?
    Glad 2 know I`ve prepared, trying 2 do that w my Finnish @ rl too @ important places
    But language or accent I hear get on me easily
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

oh working at kindergarden

i thought you were attending, my bad

sorry 'bout that
    test
  10. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

I wish I was organised. All my life I've done things arbitrarily. The thing is, organisation feels like I'm being shackled. There's no fun, no drama. I think I subconsciously like that kind of shit, which WILL eventually kill me :(
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Welp me being a control freak without having things organized and planned out would probably annoy me more.

Besides, you can always do something about it.
    test
  12. MissAndrya

A place for everything and everything in it's place.

The teachers I clean for often comment 'Wow, your home must be immaculate'.

Up until I started this job (and I started using the comp more), every single minute I was at home....I was cleaning/organizing. My husband called me nuts. Constantly going behind the guys (hubby and son) and putting things away (even when they weren't finished with said items, lol..). I was THAT anal about it.

I've mellowed, and am much more relaxed about it, but I still like a clean and organized home.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.