I have always been a workaholic.

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

And with it come days when I work 15 hours or more, of which I get detached, completely antisocial and weird. Usually I can't get out of it, until either my immune system can't handle it anymore or if a coincidence saves me. I could partially blame my upbringing, but mostly it's my irrational perfectionism and partly uncontrollable desire for creation, which will eventually kill me.

The problem is all too good organization of time. Have you noticed that people who are poorly organized always have time?

In addition to all the standing commitments I embarked on; after more than a year; to change all my communication tools. Can't do without those. It sounds easy, but not quite. I won't go into details, because it would bore most to death..
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

im not necessarily a workaholic, but i work harder than most. I used to work construction and the men were seperated from the boys pretty quick....an average day was 13hrs with 1 break for lunch.

I effortlessly make the average joe look like a pussy.

but i also realize that work isnt life. So i know when its quittin time.
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I actually think that the people who aren't organized usually are the busiest, always scrambling around
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I see what she meant though

pretty sure she meant that unorganized people "feel" busy at all time, but do have a lot of downtime not doing anything to aleviate the workload. They spend a lot of their time thinking about all the shit thats on their plate rather than actually making any progress clearing it off in an efficient manner
    test
  5. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

I'm a serious worker myself, and prefer physical labor to a desk job. I can hold my own. Matter of fact I cleaned a whole school on my own this summer past, which required emptying each room of it's furniture, stripping and waxing the floors and putting all the furniture back in. Loved. Every. Minute.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

ive done both desk jobs and labour jobs, i like each for different reasons, but depending on what the labour is and what the desk job is, i cant say i like one more than the other.

Most of my labour has been HARD labour and was outside. Canadian winters suck shit to work outside in. Inversely, mindless desk jobs make me long for working outside.

i dont think its possible for me to find 1 job that i think is awesome 100% of the time.
    test
  7. MissAndrya

I've had a desk job, and I really enjoyed that too, and you're right, as long as I was busy and challenged I was happy.

I don't do boring or stagnant jobs. They're, well....boring and stagnant.
    test
  8. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

One of my hopes is to catch MissAndrya at work cleaning offices and try to get her to fuck in one of the cubes so that employees' desk will smell like pussy juice the next day.
    test
  9. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

you sure you know how to work a vagina, you prepubescent virgin
    test
  10. MissAndrya

And so, the virus has returned. Nothing has changed, I see, still the same pathetic child looking for attention.
    test
  11. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

calvinohreally:

at least ya'll can keep a job...

work is cool. politics aren't.
    test
  12. Superman70

Superman70 edited

hahahahah
    test
  13. Alias3000

:obamalulz: I got my Obamaphone!
    test
  14. Alias3000

I love you too, witcho fat ass. mmmm..
    test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  16. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

yo put him on ignore.
    test
  17. MissAndrya

Done and done.
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Hard labor, especially in construction is no joke.

As you have, I've also come to a few realizations/conclusions (a) that nothing in life is so important that it can't wait ~ graveyards are full with people who thought the world couldn't do without them, and (b) life is a working day, not a holiday.

Ah, yes that is because they work too slowly, have wrong priorities, follow bad procedures, won't obey blindly, etc..

I can't stand those who pay lip service appearing to work, or even those who would like to be working optimally only a day out of the week. Both are costly. Nevertheless, with the most expensive currency ~ time.

Yeah, pretty much. To them, taking two hours out of a workday isn't a problem at all. The problem they're facing is making themselves appear busy at work.

There's people who work to get the job done and then there's the plants who work, just to "work". Also, perhaps it's why I refer to polyrocracy instead of bureaucracy, since the latter implies only a set of useless hands instead of many, many more.

My grandmother always said that it's easier to hold a pen, than it is to work with ones hands. That being said, it rings true only to an extent. Hard labor is tough on the body, but detrimental to ones intellect in the long run. And vice versa.

Personally, I like both.

Care to elaborate, please?
    test
  19. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

excuse all of the I's in advance.

If it is made clear what is expected of me in regards of work and doing the job I was hired on to do, then I'm going to do everything in my power to do the best work I can.

I worked a hard labor job that I absolutely loved and adored because I got to stay physical, and though the work was tough, I learned a lot and it felt so good. I didn't make great money, but I made some money.

I worked fast but I worked really well. I was working in a warehouse loading trucks and all sorts of stuff. But I liked to stay busy because it helped the day go by faster. My quality of work and my attitude about going in to do work and get the day over with, was frowned upon by those that perceived me as a threat. Co-Workers or my supervisors alike.

Some felt threatened that I made them look bad because they wanted to take it easy. I was a threat to them because the warehouse was greatly disorganized (intentionally or not) but I helped develop a system to organize and find product. I would have stayed quiet and continued to quietly do my work. But they kept yelling at me and trying to make me feel bad when they told me to find product, which was essentially the equivalent to finding sharpies in haystacks.

They felt threatened because I learned really fast. Countless times I got written up or reprimanded for "causing problems" with co-workers when it was obvious that I was constantly being attacked by those that felt threatened by me.

I got suspended from work numerous times, not for being on the offensive, but for defending myself. I was the only black dude in the whole warehouse and it was a predominantly Latino staff. They would talk trash, (racial slurs) intentionally bump me (physically), they used to try to hit me with tires, and goad me into action. When I'd step up for myself, or defend myself they would paint the picture of me being an "angry black man." They would start something and then tell on me behind my back.

HR asked me why I wouldn't report them, whenever I got called in. I told them because I didn't really believe that it would solve any problems. Which it didn't, because it quickly turned into the "i'm telling on you!" game. When you are getting bullied if you call on the teacher to help, it just resorts in more bullying.

You can only imagine how frustrating it is to be sitting in an hr office. And have your co-worker who isn't fluent in English, and who has been harassing you, is complaining about you in the problem that he started. To have him speaking in Spanish to the higher up as you sit there, really makes you consider "racial" relations.

i got laid off (because a reduction of workload)

work is work. the use of your hands.

it was like mean-girls with men. and i purposely wanted to work in a warehouse to avoid "mean-girls" mentalities and situations. i thought more men, meant having to deal with less fighting and bickering. and it was actually worse.

there was a bunch of stuff happening. and as much grief as that place gave me, i still loved it. i learned about people. i have considerably more discipline. and i learned a whole lot (they taught me) spanish too.

i haven't really had a job since. it's not for a lack of work, or ability. it's politics. i'm not being judged on my work performance...

would you say im complaining?
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^Not at all.

Can't say I understand the feeling of what you went through, but can relate to an extent, especially with bathing in the lake of all kinds of resentments in the workplace through the years. Then again, resentment is one of the everyday decision-making mechanisms and the mood in life of an average homo sapiens. If, you're standing out because of your thinking and work ethic, then you learn that sole of foot becomes skin over and over..

You also have to remember that most employees are envious, jealous and malicious plants that would like to get maximum output with minimal input..

Given the fact that you pointed out things that your superiors should have corrected, it's no surprise that they were more than happy with their stagnated work system, which was in a decline in more than one aspect. In general, I can imagine that you worked with semi-literate, incompetent people who have lost all contact with the labor market.

The only thing I'd say is, never give up.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.