I hate war games.

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Complete Chaos, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Enough of them.

I recently played r6:Vegas 2, and I actually liked it. I might be changing my mind about about War Games. I'll be giving COD4 a runthrough sometime within the next week.

But seriously fuck COD5- Treyarch, WW2(A FUCKING GAIN?) Do it on a different war, christ.

Have you played any games that changes your preception of a genre?
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I dunno why everyone is attacking treyarch. For every war game there is some shitty futuristic shooter. The only real modern day shooters are strategic games like Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6. Call Of Duty 4 seems like 1 one time affair.
    test
  3. Complete Chaos

I could only play COD3 for like 10 minutes, The physics everything, just couldn't stand that game for some reason. They've did enough WW2 games, their's different war USE THEM.

I played for the rainbow 6 for computer I played that for about 3 years.
    test
  4. Langford

Langford New Member

I don't think I've played a first person shooter since Goldeneye.
    Unless you count Metroid Prime.
    test
  5. 6ftground

6ftground BLACKACE/GRIMREADER

i'm stuck on CALL of duty4 xbox360...
    i'm now playing this game http://s5.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=41312 check it out..
    Anyway I don't have rainbow 6 yet i'll have to check it out...
    But what about call of duty5 coming out has anybody hear anything about it..?
    I play this online game called http://s5.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=46804
    this link is one of my clan member links ...anyway i was talking to her about golden eye
    she said it sucks is it true?
    test
  6. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

RB6v blows. Well, its not terrible, but letting your team do all the work and ps2 graphics gets old.

cod4 is a MUCH better game. Not even close. So surely if you liked rb6v, you'll like cod4.
    test
  7. Dope Chris

Dope Chris Blunt Slide 5-0

COD 4 is the illest war game by far...that shit kills it

I heard Gears of War 2 though might be droppin soon
    test
  8. Seneca

Seneca edgeknowl

[​IMG]
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Ehh, I really dont think it matters, its all about presentation, gameplay and maps. COD4 would be just as fun with all the mechanics on japonese maps or some shit. The only things Id miss about COD4 is all the weapons are better.

Everyone loved COD2, because the gameplay mechanics were solid. I mean really is playing a game set in Vietnam or Korea going to be any better just because of that? They are making the same game either way, only thing that changes is the scenery and the weapons.
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

COD3 did suck. I quit after about 10 minutes too...shit is nothing like COD2. They had different developers.
    test
  11. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

every cod game treyarch has made sucked.....
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

They only made one. So the term "every" really doesnt apply here. At any rate they made COD3 on their own, and it wasnt terrible, it was just average. They are getting help from Infinity Ward and using the same engine Infinity Ward built for COD5, which is a glimmer of hope.
    test
  13. FeRNFReSH

FeRNFReSH New Member

COD4 kills.
    test
  14. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

The 2 main things I dislike about COD4 are:

- The guns. It's probably one of the worst games for the guns. It's set up so you HAVE to use a machine gun. It's completely biased against the high profile rifles, that still need half a dozen shots to kill.

- The game is all about camp and 'spray'. Which means if you employ any sort of movement, you've won. Because so many people sit in corner or circle the maps on their own personal 'route', all you have to do is run faster (provided you're accurate/got good reflexes) and take the kills. It's simple as fuck, all you got to do is move and you win. If you move you learn other players habits, you learn the spawn points, the campers logic and most of all, you aren't dependant on a route. Shit aint rocket science, but so few fucking people do it.

I always die the most, but I nearly always finnish 10+ kills ahead of the next person. Unless I get some one else who has an original train of though and exploits the same shit I do.

And I like Treyarches single player modes. They aren't amazing, but it's always worth playing, it's just their multiplayer in COD3 was fucking terrible. PLus they never bothered to fix the major bugs.

Also, Treyarch made the Big Red One. Also a good game.
    test
  15. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I disagree. I dont play death matches anymore though...but playing Headquarters campers dont fair too well. I think the weapons are incredibly balanced too. Not all the perks are, but they are pretty damn close.
    test
  16. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Ahhh fuck, I read your shit backwards. I agree with that, keep moving...I do very well. lol, great strategy.
    test
  17. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

im getting more and more tired of new shooter games nowadays.. simply because they take so little shooting skill.. and the skill gap between good players and great players are so small now..

gow, halo3, cod4, etc = little skill, and little skill gap.. only new shooter that takes skill and have a huge skill gap ive played is shadowrun.. not saying those games are bad though.. just that it takes little skill..

shooters that take shooting skill like Counter-strike, UT, quake, halo 1(the other 2 are nooby as hell) dont exist anymore...
    test
  18. Complete Chaos

I loved COD4.

I didn't enjoy Bad Company as much.
    test
  19. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I don't think any video game takes "shooting skill". It's all basically the same, except some are more based on reflexes. Shoot first - you win. But that's still skill.
    test
  20. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

I only play hardcore team death match on COD4 now.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.