I hate ufc undisputed 2010

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by ANDtheMC, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

ok lets do the breakdown game, ill keep it simple

you do realize the reason they say its harder is because you have to switch the way you spin the stick right? thats it, thats the only difference, go watch the video they have the leading developer explain it as they play it with frank mir as a guest... "IDIOT".. smh, the only way its ACTUALLY harder is if that body part is worn down

thats actually been implemented in this game (2010) so your pulling that out your ass, show me a quote word for word from 2009 stating that, because i read everything leading up to 2009 release.. better yet go watch that same video frank mir is a guest in and they explain how it was implemented to add realism this year

umm.. not including quitters i was around 170-19 if you dont believe me i can go get on my account and the game at a friends? im more then willing to play, like i said, ill put money up if we have a way to mediate it, $250

you do realize were talking about 2 completely different game engines right?

yeah.. right..

why dont you go back to defending mir as your only reason for posting, you at least had an argument now your just reaching
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

you being suckered in Jayoo, already told you this nigga MO..lmao

game is pretty dope, i wanna wait to hear about the online and career modes after it's launched before i cop since that's what gives games like this longevity.
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I know. I saw that. And it's to work the concept that it's harder to get out of certain submissions than others ESPECIALLY after someone transitions into a new sub. It's like that in real life too if you've ever rolled. When someone's doing a chain of subs, the first one is ALWAYS the easiest to avoid. Again, there are subs that are easier to get out of.

I saw that AND THAT WAS FOR SUBMISSION CHANGES. When UFC 2009 came out, they were talking about it in a few Youtube videos (interviews) that there were submissions that were easier to lock up on a well rested opponent depending on rating. For example... Arm bars were easier to avoid if you're well rested and the player has a high strength rating where as it's easier to submit them with a rear naked choke. ALSO, they also said submissions were much harder to get out of if it came out of a counter. EXAMPLE.... someone catches your hand when you throw a punch and arm bars you OR you go for a slam and get guillotined (the only two examples in UFC 2009).

It would have to be on PS3 at this point. And I'm not gonna buy the old game. That makes no sense. I just preordered my 2010. Why would I waste more money on 2009?

It doesn't matter. GAMES ALWAYS BORROW OR TAKE CONCEPTS FROM OTHER GAMES TO IMPROVE. So does everybody in everything they do in life. So what the fuck does that prove? That's just straight up idiocy.

PROVE ME WRONG THEN INSTEAD OF DOING YOUR BULLSHT HYPOTEHTICALS OF "MAYBE YOU JUST DON'T KNOW THE BUTTONS". Go play the game, tape it, and show Machida doing a submission outside of the kimura from guard.

AND SHOW ME HOW IT'S PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO DO AN ARMBAR FROM HALF GUARD. I'd like to see that video too. hahahaha... Fuck outta here.
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Career mode looks SICK! Go read what they've added. Don't know about the online mode yet but the fact that you can create a camp and train and spar with actual people online to get your player better is amazing.

And look at this idiot talking shit again... Sorry homie. I know much more than MMA (at least the ground game) and this game then you so fuck outta here. haha
    test
  5. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

The only solution is a jayoo-andthemc online undisputed faceoff.

best of five.
    test
  6. jayoo

ok so in other words.. its not really harder unless you cant spin the stick backwards effectively.. im right lol

submissions in 2009 revolved around stamina, thats it, beating on a limb didnt show any fatigue and didnt convert to any in grappling/subs, it just didnt. 2010 is where they implemented that, they openly say its "new this year".. strength was only used when you mashed buttons in 2009, the stick was using your sub defense technique, thats why depending on your fighter it was smarter to use 1 or the other.. certain fighters may have been harder to sub regardless of stats tho, because liddell i could get out of subs almost anytime with no stamina by mashing the buttons, others it never worked to that extent as much as with him

ps: even punching was stamina based, with no stamina you threw weaker punches, with full stamina they had more power and a better KO chance.. as you lost stamina your full power clearly got lowered.. but it had nothing to do with specific body parts, it was just your overall fighters stamina that determined it.. this year is different, im sure stamina has an overall effect but there are side factors now to

your the 1 who keeps saying i dont know the game and how you were so much better because you beat a top 100 player lol.. and if its in 2010 thats gonna be even worse for you considering all you seem to be able to do is complain things dont go your way because its not realistic enough, my friend has a ps3 i can play either or

cant believe how stupid you are.. you dont know much about the concept of different game engines or anything involving the creation of the game do you? you also realize most of the combinations you gave examples for in your previous post wouldnt do anything but scare away average gamers by making it more complicated.. half the population couldnt figure out the ground game in 2009, their gonna add RT+RB+D-Pad ^ etc etc as moves as well as everything else? the game will be sold back to gamestop the day its bought, common sense, sometimes you sacrifice things to reach the mainstream better, if it was a PC game ok i could see them adding all the extra buttons because all PC games are more in-depth with controls and those who play the games are used to them by now.

who the fuck said machida can do more then that? and that i can do an arm bar from half guard? your a fucking nerd man, look how mad im making you, caps lock'n my ass right now haha dork, all i said was your argument for the game is completely out your ass, whether or not machida does more then a kimura means shit to me, i understand why the game is like it is you clearly cant get it through the block head you got

id gladly play you the day my friend cops 2010 on his ps3, and i havent played a ps3 controller in years i dont even own an xbox anymore i play at a friends
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No you're not. For 95% of people, it's going to be easier to spin the joy-stick in a certain direction.

Yes it does dumbass. If you actually played the game enough, there's actually a graph of how much damage you did the the body when you play online. The more red the limbs were, the better chance you would have finished with that limb. Again, over 70% of my wins were by submission. I'm pretty sure I would know this.

And thanks for stating what any noobie of UFC Undisputed would know. Button mashing was for strength and rotational was for technique. Or, if you're nice enough, you could even do a bith of both. BUTTTTTTT... there still were areas that werre harder to "muscle" out of.

That's a given. And yes it did. AGAIN, go play 2009 online and go look at the graph that shoes where you did damage. I guarantee you that if the part was red, there's a much better chance you submitted that part.

Body shots when you're in the mount made it easier to transition into a triangle from the mount for example. They could muscle out of it.

WRONG. GO READ YOUR FIRST POST 'LIL HOMIE. You're wayyyy off.

And aright. We can play on PS3. It's not like I'm not gonna get better at it eventually. My stand up is already look great. It's the ground part that isn't coming off realistic enough.

You fuckin' idiot. That makes no fuckin' sense. First you're saying it's game engine and then you're saying it's because it would scare people away. Are you retarded? So people must have gotten soooo scared away by NBA Streets when it came out because there were like 30 variations of moves you can do. SURRRRRRREEE... Wrong, people just tried harder to get there skills up so they can do better tricks to get better tricks points.

And WRONG you fuckin' idiot. The ground game got no easier in this one than it did from the last. So if you're theory is that they were tryna make it easier to make it more understandable for people to buy, that argument doesn't even make any sense because the positioning got A LOT more complex. Even the clinch got more complex. WTF you mean? hahaha... Idiocy at its finest.

And Machida CAN do more than that. It's obvious. BUT NOT IN THE GAME OFF HIS BACK. And it's funny how you still can't explain the arm bar from the half guard. OH YEAH! You can't... Cuz you don't know shit about ground game.

hahaha... I didn't know caps lock meant someone's getting mad. hahahaha... And then you call me a nerd? LMFAO! Fuckin' idiot. That's where I'll stop reading. You're truly an ignorant fuck. Bye now.
    test
  8. jayoo

my life isnt changing because machida cant do more then a kimura or because fighters do an armbar from halfguard, apparently yours is

all i have to say in relation to why the buttons from nba street have no relevance in a ufc game discussion is.. game engine
    you not understanding that speaks for itself, why keep arguing it? the other part was a seperate point you were to ignorant to differentiate

end of the day all that matters is if we fight in ufc 2010 i will rag you, period.
    test
  9. jayoo

oh and armbar from half guard

[youtube]Uxwi41zWNkU[/youtube]

[youtube]-ZgaAY7d2WU[/youtube]

wasnt sure if you meant from top or bottom but there are vids of both
    i dont train bjj, never said i have, glad you do and yet.. i find vids of what you say isnt possible? or isnt realistic?

should i look up more?
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

the thing about the subs that threw me off was i didn't know if they had transitioned from one to another or just started one off they would do it so fast....so i would be rotating the wrong way at the wrong times....

i guess once you get used to it, it'll be easier though
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

The first one is interesting. It almost looks like you can omoplata from that position. NICE.

The second one isn't a straight up arm bar from half guard. It's actually pretty much the concept of a plan A sweep into an arm bar. It's a sweep first.

The UFC 2010 arm bar is a straight arm bar off your back from half guard. Shogun does it in the game. EXTREMELY unrealistic.

But g'looks for the first video. That technique seems interesting. Gotta try that out sometime. Didn't look all that smooth but probably gonna have to be real slick with it cuz if you roll with someone who knows where they're doing, they're gonna pin your leg in so you can't get that space if they realize you're trying to spin out (especially if they recognize you're going after a sub).

But good post. It's still never EVER EVER happened in MMA to my knowledge (at high level)
    test
  12. jayoo

i havent even seen it in game to judge it honestly, so i dont know if these are similar to how they pull it off or not like i said i dont train bjj im not gonna lie like i do but i went to see if i can find anyone pulling it off and there were a few vids
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

None of 'em were straight off the back. They all rolled out into it. The arm bar they have set up from half guard is the same arm bar you pull from full guard off your back. It's not happening. It's nearly impossible.

And I highly doubt it's been pulled off in high level competition. It's just very unlikely. I guess it's an option but it's not even a regular straight arm bar.

It's almost like tryna pull an arm bar from a kimura. You can do it but it's EXTREMELY hard to pull off because anyone who knows what the person is doing is gonna start thinkin': "Is he REALLY tryna pull this shit off?" and possibly pass guard and end up in side control. But if you're REAL REAL incredibly slick and the person on top is completely lost, there's a chance.

And if you want to see which arm bar I'm talking about... Get into half guard on top on expert level, posture up, and repeated start throwing haymaker type ground and pound shots over and over again. Watch what happens. For some reason, you can't even get out the sub it seems like. Maybe cuz I'm worn out by then, but who knows?
    test
  14. DrugsBunny

DrugsBunny Sage of Six Paths

I'd win reguardless.
    test
  15. Just Saying

Just Saying steal gas. buy music.

i've been playing the demo on the 360 and i'm loving this game..for the first time i'm actually doing flash knockouts..and damn the transistions off the cage and the overall cleaner movement on the ground is just dope..

bottomline if you dont like this game...you werent shit on the last one.

and thats all i gotta say about that
    test
  16. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

yoooo i just started reading this thread on this page.

someone saying you can't straight arm bar from half guard???

you sure can buddy. i just caught somebody monday in one variation.

its really simple, but looks really awesome, and you wouldn't ever expect it to be there if you didn't see someone do it. you just have to finish with one leg over their face and one still in between their legs but its no problem if you have it tight.

and i dont like the way he sets up the arm bar in that first video. thats half butterfly guard, and your opponent will never be sitting up like that if you're on your back in butterfly unless hes an idiot. but that same basic sub can be pulled off from guard or half guard. not very high percentage for most people.

and what dude said about getting omoplata from that position, yea actually its probably easier and its a common combo people use.

mose of the time i just use that from butterfly when they try to pass, or in my guard if they play the stall-type and sit real low with their head down in my guard. very easy if you just open up, push their head to the side, and throw your leg over (to describe it short version, simply), as long as you keep it all tight.

just came in to drop a little bjj knowledge. its what i do best :)
    test
  17. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

i cant believe i havent been in this thread yet.. entertaining..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.