I hate poetry.

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Bhitiah, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

You ever get to that point in a poem, where you write a line, and your fingers or hands stop right where they are unable to move on?

Where writing anything further than that seems absolutely impossible.
    I guess, either because you find it strikingly well writen
    or
    painfully truthful.

Either way,
    the poem stays unfinished?

I hate that.
    test
  2. Deaf Def

Deaf Def Tha WordSmith

been there!!! happends in real life too... when i'm talking to someone... and i want to tell them something, but you can't bring yourself to say it... happends in poetry to, either way it's left unsaid or unfished... bugs the heck out of me... worse of all i hate typing a poem or song and it's a good one too... and without warning the PC loses power or freezes... i hate that more...
    test
  3. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Yep, for me its like where writing anything further than that seems not the emotion I'm really feeling, like forcing it out of me and by doing that it's just not real. You know, man I can't explain it but I can't stand that. So much of my writing now is incomplete but I can go back and look at it. I won't finish it though I'll just start something new lol.

You hate poetry but you can't live without it! Foo!
    test
  4. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

I dont keep anything, the only saved this I have are shit on here or in my blog on myspace. lol. It's sad too cause I really liked a few peices that I erased because I couldnt move passed a certain line...

Sometimes I be like...Damn, Do I really feel that way or did it just fit? lol...
    test
  5. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

I feel you on that B....I've have many unfinished poems that just go no where...its like I had something to say but like the words decided to go to sleep on your tongue for no reason....maybe we should have a thread strickly for UNFINISHED poems that poets have gave up completly and turn this into one of those turn my trash into art type of thing...LOL....that be crazy

but ya know what I also feel that nothing you write is in vain or whatever you DONT say is lost either...because it all plays out in the end...I be writing a poem and ideas that come out or the ones I couldnt find weeks earlier....like it wasnt ready to be written or something ya know...could be deep or could be just writers block....lol
    test
  6. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Man I got shoeboxes filled with unfinished poems. I just recently started to accept that as a part of writing. People say though, some of the best poems are the unfinished ones.
    test
  7. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

for these reasons i must of the time write like three things at a time i jump around writing on which ever emotion i'm on at the time. i save every thing even unfinished its like my own person time machine it lets me look back on who i was a few years ago and who i am now
    test
  8. HILARIONSOUL

HILARIONSOUL "one of the roughs,"

Ok take all your issue on the topic “I hate Poetry” and put them in a bag...
    Shake.. Shake some more ....pick 1 issue out the bag..whatever or whichever issue you pick out concerning the troubles of writing poetry. That’s my problem in a bag..

I always lose focus. I can’t stay on one topic when writing.
    I’ve gotten better I think but still there’s that trouble..
    The trouble of wanting that surprising ending when writing a poem...
    I get stuck when that want comes up. I mean I want people to cry.. I want people to write after reading one of my poems. If I don’t feel a piece I write, will get that reaction. It stunts my poetic imagination....sigh... But I feel all of you on this... but I feel UFO more on that unfinished poem thing I think that would be tight... It, to me, would feel like a co-lab...unstaged..yeah!
    test
  9. lpoet

lpoet POET

nah..its usually not until i go back in read it that it gives me chills...strange..
    test
  10. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

Yeah, I have notebooks upon notebooks of unfinished poems. I was really diggin where they were goin though, but there's a point where I look at it and I'm just like, "I can't do anything with this."
    test
  11. HILARIONSOUL

Well post them up as a sticky. And challenge writers to finnish this poem...Yeah.
    test
  12. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Its like making a timeline of the events that happened in my life-with my poetry. Even the ones that weren't finished at the time, you still can recall the feeling you had when first writing it. That's what gives me chills when I go back and look at all the old stuff. It's like reliving it. I agree with Abs too. The ending part is always a shock to me for some reason. It's like it wasn't meant to end. Pshhessh.
    test
  13. HILARIONSOUL

I feel you on that Real
    test
  14. Magog

Magog New Member

more than 3/4 of mine r unfinished...i guess i aint the only one..thats a good feelin..i thought i jus keep runnin outa thoughts cuz i aint good at writin poems.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.