I had an epiphany the other day...

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Murder Ink, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

I was thinkin, cuz you see rm peeps, I'm mad confused bout religion and the meaning of life right now, I know a God exists, I always doubt that Christ was his son, I always question shit in the Bible, I want to try and learn everything I can before I come up w/ my own theories, then I realized, I never will, no matter what I do I'll never know or understand everything, and I do wanna get right and abide by the Bible (hell, I still gotta read the shit), I wanna start goin to church, and try to still keep an open mind, but you see RM cats, I'm a young due still in high school, and if the mayans, aztecs, egyptians (i think), and bible code are right, I only got 5 years to do this all, and that's not enough time, I needa be enjoying these years not stressing and finding my purpose in the universe :-/

any advice???
    test
  2. j deazy

j deazy DAT_NICCA_MOOSE swallows

start with carl sagan... demon haunted universe... then move to richard dawkins "a devils chaplain"... then move on to the bible... after these three, or the bible first and only, you should pretty well be an atheist... the bible does a pretty good job of making atheists.. anyways after that move on to some writing by robert green ingersoll... most all of his shit can be read at http://www .infidels.org/library/historical/robert_ingersoll/ ....

really you might also want to read some bertrand russell but i would hold off until you are able to read the others...

personally i would continue to search through what others have found... no need to reinvent the wheel... then decide what mixture is right for you or if one fits best... from there try to find logical arguments against your belief set and see if your beliefs stand the test... if so continue to search for that which is the weekpoint in your beliefs and amend as needed...
    test
  3. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

^Dude, atheism is your religion. Seriously. You don't just argue against organised religion, you actively try to convert people to atheism.

He said he's searching for purpose. He didn't say he's searching for the truth (because he's realised something already that you haven't: it's impossible to know everything, so you can't say anything for sure). He's much more likely to find purpose in religion than he is in atheism.
    test
  4. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

thanks I think you're right, but any advice...???^
    test
  5. MC Bill Buckner

MC Bill Buckner New Member

my advice is to remove the organ donar from your license. you die and they take an organ of yours and keep it alive in another, then your soul is trapped in the middle man and you're cursed to never find your way.
    test
  6. cock juggler

cock juggler Double ML=STUD

^hahaha

just be yourself man.enjoy life.don't stress.keep with good people and keep your morality up.that's the key to a good life.i used to worry like you but in all honesty it's a waste of enery.just do what you feel is right and that's all that matters.
    test
  7. j deazy

"personally i would continue to search through what others have found... no need to reinvent the wheel... then decide what mixture is right for you or if one fits best... from there try to find logical arguments against your belief set and see if your beliefs stand the test... if so continue to search for that which is the weekpoint in your beliefs and amend as needed..."

^- dude... that is far from prosetylizing... that is telling you to find what you think fits and then figuring out any flaws that would make your position invalid... that is sound advice... not a point to claim that i am right... and in no spot did i claim that i knew everything... i dont know know what happens when we die... no one does... i dont know if aliens exist, outside of those from other countries, but then again no one does... all i am claiming is that the evidence behind christianity is extremely poor... the bible doesnt stand the test of geology or history... thats where apologetics appears... this is defending a weak link rather than correcting a weak link... but if you correct the bible you correct a supposed omni-deity... what i am telling duke is to look into the beliefs of others as well as history to see where we have been, as far as belief goes, and why those thought patterns have failed... from here he should see what the better position is rather than using pascals wager due to irrational fear... this is sound... if he doesnt think atheism is a correct view point that is ok... but you need to be able to defend your stance on a matter to prevent yourself from appearing a fool that believes because it was the first thing that was presented to him... kinda like listening to music... you dont just latch on to the first thing you hear... you have to choose what is right for you and have a basis on why you like it... otherwise you sound horribly shallow and appear ignorant to others...

and atheism is not a religion... it is a lack of religion... kinda like how belief in santa and non-belief in santa are not the same sides of a coin....
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Santa existed allegorically & through Norse mythology.

His name was Saint Nicholas. He was born in the 4th century in Patara province of Lycia. He has nothing to do with the bible or the saints from the bible. He was a Christian bishop who gave gifts to the poor. In particularly the poor christians. The relics he left behind have been on display at Bari since 1087 in a Basilica.

Then there is odin (father christmas) from the Norse mythology.

Now is santa a fat man with a button nose and some raindeer chillin' in the north pole? NO! But, If I ever have a child... The child will be told santa exists.

Atheism is the belief in No God. It's a differnt type of religion, but a religion nonetheless. One can claim agnostics are undecisive, But Atheist have no clue of God yet seem to think they do even though they say they don't. Weirdo's.

This isn't meant to be Diablical. Just pointing out something interesting.
    test
  9. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

I definitely wanna look at as much as I can, but no matter what due, I know a God exists, nothing can change that belief in me, but I'm just tryin to find my own theory cuz I think there's truth spread all over in everything not just one thing, whether christ is god's son or just a prophet, and all other religious figures, it's just, due I'm a sophomore in high school, I really don't needa be thinkin bout this shit NOW, but, right now I kinda believe in christianity but I have mAAAAAd doubts, it's impossible to know whether jesus was god's son that's just somethin you have to guess really...and it just sounds weird why he'd make a son as a human, but then again I still haven't read the Bible so...but I feel like a lotta times I'm just leanin towards Christianity cuz if I die then I don't want to go to Hell, or if the world ends soon I don't wanna be damned, but that sounds like a very bad reason to believe in it :-/

words from 1 confuzed nigga
    test
  10. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

i feel you on the belief in god but confusion toward religion thing. ive found religions for the most part tend to be overly complicated. that is, they start out with the notion that its good to be good and then end up pushing that to its extreme either detaching from their own humanity or enslaving it completely. this is ignorance.
    test
  11. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

anyone else, please :'( ???
    test
  12. j deazy

pacals wager... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascals_wager

dude... this is your belief set written out... its a better gamble if you belief in god and he turns out not to exist... the rewards are better with this gamble...

and i highly suggest that you read the bible the whole way through... there are a lot of begats to begin with... most of this can be skimmed and referenced back to... but at any rate when you read the bible the whole way through you will find that hell is not mentioned in the old testament but only appears in the new testament with jesus... who controls the keys to heaven and hell... you will also realize that the bible is filled with horrible acts that are done in the name of and sanctioned by the god of the israelies...

anyways... you seriously should read the books i suggested as well as others... history is riddled with those who follow without questioning... and you dont need to be another in this list...

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."

Thomas Jefferson
    test
  13. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

dog I'm def gonna research shit, I just need some more sources I already got help from you, lol no one else is bein cool and droppin knowledge, and due, I know a God exists nothin can change that, there's some divine energy that made everything, nothing just appeared, I just doubt jesus sometimes, but I wanna do research but like I said sometimes I feel I should just believe in jesus cuz of the fear of going to hell, which is NOT a good reason, you dig? I'm feelin that quote too.

so anyone else...?
    test
  14. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

religion is a very complex subject

im convinced God or an intelligent designer exists, because of the anthropic cosmological principle.. you can read about it here - www.proofgodexists.org/anthropic_principle.htm

following what we know, if theres no god there must be almost endless amount of universes in time or space.

problem is, our universe is steadily expanding, which would mean that there arent other universes in the way.

and theres the fact that the universe would have to keep naturally collapsing on itself in order to restart billions of times.. anytime it simply expanded like it does now, someone would have to push a reset button.

all that was enough to confirm for me what i already believed.

overall, just be thankful for what you got, and go on from there.
    peace
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

There is a Flaw in your link X-cal, Therefore a flaw in your argument. That flaw is the New testament which is pseudepigraphic. You're allegory of science to the Newtestament is therefore a pseudoscientific-theory based from pseudepigraphy.

Only thing you proved was the expansion theory to which then your link applies to the newtestament spurious.
    test
  16. j deazy

there ya go... thats why i was telling you to find the weak spot in your beliefs and either doing away with it or find why it fails and what would correct it... thank you menaz
    test
  17. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

damn x cal, I'm MAD feelin that shit you posted...but I'm bout to check out the stuff menaz said on wikipedia, lol, since y'all say there's holes in the theory...
    test
  18. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

ok I'm confused, Menaz I read the pseudo word definitions and understood the meanings but I tried puttin it all together I got mad confused...lol
    test
  19. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

im not saying the link is all exact proven scientific fact, its simply an interesting read relating to what im talking about

fact remains, following our body of knowledge will lead you to the existence of a creator or higher power. the precise ordering of the universe to make life possible is no coincidence
    test
  20. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Correction, The link is NOT AT ALL proving God scientifically or for a fact.
    No fact remains. What remains is your Faith placed in pseudoscientific-belief based off the pseudepigraphic bible (e.i. The spurious newtestament does not equal science) All the testaments in the bible are Spurious, which makes your science Pusedo.

Explain to me how it's not a coincidence? So your telling me a guy in the sky designed it? Is that what you are suggesting to me? If that is what you are
    suggesting to me, then that takes faith. what you have is faithful claim not a fact.

You're claim might as well be, People who die, then come back to life, Know heaven exists, therefore heaven exist. Of course than science really explains why they think they experienced heaven.

I have no problem with people believing in God (faith-wise), But when people annex god with science based off pseudepigraphic texts I have a real problem with that distortion. You'll never really know the answer to God. The best you can do is put your faith and belief in God, If that is how your spirituality feels. Noone will fuck with a man's belief & faith.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.