I get a sharp pain in my right shoulder after I do cardio..

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Look im Gangsta, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I brought this up a while ago but it's still troubling me.

When I do cardio (running or bag work) I get a sharp but dull (if that makes sense) in my right shoulder. Sometimes I'll feel it about 10 minutes after a session but sometimes (rarely) it'll start whilst im excercising and it's incredibly dehabilitating. It's no so much the pain but the sensation (it's like having a huge weight IN my shoulder) that fucks with me.

To boot, my hand shakes after. Not alot, but sort of enough to notice it. Like right now, as I'm typing it feels feint(sp) as I type.

I can lift fine. I do proper sets of lifting and for longer periods of time and I wont get a peep out of it. It does shake after but as does my whole body as it's recovering. My shoulder and hand only play up when I do cardio. I was on the bag for an hour at 1pm and it's now 8pm and my hand is still slightly shaking.

Anyone else get it or know what Im talking about?
    test
  2. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I get a very subtly ticklish feeling on my left trap, shoulder, and palm of my hand on the left side....after i do bench press...I found out my left side was weaker then my right side...so now i have to do alternating dumbell presses...

right now im resting a good week before lifting weights and this time im doing circuit training fuck getting big im just wanted to look slim trim and handsome again....not fat and buff with a chubby face.

Oh ya i believe Its on the bring of a shoulder injury you should always stretch your arms and do windmills and arm rotations before working out...if i continued to do a heavy bench i bet i would have got nerve damage...so always listen to your body your body doesnt lie if you feel pain then rest...

if its sharp pain see a doctor.
    test
  3. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Mines cardio not lifting which bugs me more.

It is sorta sharp but it's more the feeling of dull pain (again, if it makes sense) with the feeling of weight inside it.
    test
  4. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

i dont know but if your hand shakes its probally from how you type on the computer! if your leave your wrist on the leg it can cause carpal tunnel syndrome....but from what i read you got it from hitting the heavy bag...you could have a rotator cuff tear...oscar dela hoya got that injury and he re hurt himself during ther recent mayorga fight.

De La Hoya Injured in Mayorga Fight

Steve Springer of the L.A. Times has reported that medical problems could make it difficult for Oscar to fight a farewell fight on September as Oscar had planned. Steve writes that Oscar tore a muscle in his left forearm Saturday night in a victory over Ricardo Mayorga.

Add to the injury Oscar got on Saturday night's thumping of Mayorga, De La Hoya was already injured even before he stepped in the Ring when he fought Mayorga. Oscar was suffering from an old injury, a slight tear of the rotator cuff to his left shoulder that had flared up in the upcoming weeks leading to the fight.

Steve Springer's column added that De La Hoya feels he will be healed to go ahead with his planned schedule.

"I'll be fine," said De La Hoya.
    test
  5. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

yea h shit can fuck you up

but i got worse shit when i bench..

when i do the flat bench my neck muscles become stiff and its a terrbible feeling when i get up from bench...dizziness and shit..thats why i hardly bench my mx..i usually bench around 120 lbs easy 10 reps , and even tho they dont tire my muscle i have to stop caus of my neck becoming too stiff on the bench lmao sucks
    test
  6. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya me and you are the same...and the sad reality is you will never be able to bench your max just like me...i cant bench heavy.

its just how our body is...bad shoulders and traps.

I dont care anyway I know alot of body builders who have bad shoulders but developed an awesome chest with moderate weight benchs and light high repps with slow negatives on the bench.

my shoulder doesnt really hurt when i do military press only when i do bench presses.

It might be a pinched nerve cause when my shirt touches my skin i start laughing especially around my neck area...i feel the tickle all the way to m balls...it sucks cause when this happens i have to jerk it alot just cause my dick is sensitive....The doc told me i need to rest for 2 weeks and luckily its not permanent damage he just said if you had forced yourself to lift event hrough the tickling feeling then you could have permanetly damged your nevers all the way to your penis nerves...

better safe then sorry.
    test
  7. UnbrokeN

omfg....are you forreal? lol,,thaT is bat shit insane

but yeah u right..ill never be able to do my best on the bench...its too painful..some days its better on some some its worse..on the rare good days i try to do as much bench as possible ..

the reason for my neck (especially upper neck muscles, urgh) going stiff is an illness i had in my teens.. its called Scheuermann’s disease, but its more of a condition ratherthan disease but it screwed my shoulder blades to be dislocated (especially the left) and thats basically causing muscle tightenings ..lots of exercising helped me a lot tho
    test
  8. Smile

Smile New Member

A stroke is near dog.

Make sure you always with somebody and got a medic pack around until you get one.

Don't wanna have a stroke with no one around.
    test
  9. UnbrokeN

LoL...it comes from my back..and only when i bench...lol..since i never get dizzy usually..stroke means blocked arteries,
    test
  10. CH|CO.

CH|CO. is that chico.

check out your shoulder... ur rotary disk or sum shit is probably fucked up...

go to bodybuilding dot com and do a search for joint pain supplements..

my shoulders r fucked up and i get major pain when i do dips, bench press.. jump rope anything involving my shoulder moving really.
    test
  11. CH|CO.

CH|CO. is that chico.

you are most likely not breathing right or dunt eat/drink. enough carbs before you workout.

breathe in while u going down and breathe out when u pushing up..and not princess breaths.. like a man..

it used to happen to me then i reliaze i dunt eat much before i worked out and breathe like a idiot.,
    test
  12. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya you have made the same mistake i did....i was already doing dips before i slowly built up my shoulder strenght....i wish i knew about that that you should do dips or pull ups till you gain a bit of strength with free weights and lat pulldowns and T bar rows...

you can fix that just do those shoulder press with dumbells start light and then every week move up in weight....

also always stretch your shoulders like a good 5 minutes before any work out.
    test
  13. Smile

Smile New Member

Anarki:

I was talkin about the topic creator.
    test
  14. UnbrokeN

ite..ridiculous me
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.