i fear the concept of atheism as atheists fear the concept of an afterlife ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

I don't fear the afterlife. I'dlove it if there was an afterlife. I simply don't see enough evidence for me to believe in it.

So many things wrong here.

1) There is proof
    2) There's no proof of god

All the things you posted as being in the bible and proved true don't prove god is real in any way shape or form, at all. Just because something in the bible happened, doesn't mean the bible is 100% correct.
    test
  2. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

The energy is us.

The fuel in my opinion is DMT. Its said our brain is flooded with it when in the womb, during REM sleep, and during death.

Classic Joe Rogan rant.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

That's understandable
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

Not sayin that. But the more we find out in general the more we find out about how the things once thought impossible are possible biblical speaking.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

And the bible is the foundation of Christianity. It's the living word of God. So prove the bible we can pretty much prove God. Jesus was the word in the flesh. The bible is Jesus in the book.

"In the beginning was the word. And the word was with God. And the word was God."
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

And the bible is the foundation of Christianity. It's the living word of God. So prove the bible we can pretty much prove God. Jesus was the word in the flesh. The bible is Jesus in the book.

"In the beginning was the word. And the word was with God. And the word was God."
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Atheism doesn't cause a person to view the world rationally, you knucklehead. And out of all the atheists who post here, you by far have presented some of the most ridiculous misconceptions I've seen yet.

And no, there are many strong minded individuals who accept religion. Go fuck yourself.
    test
  8. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You mad.

You make faulty assumptions about my positions. That's a comprehension problem, not a problem with the position. When did I say or even imply that being an atheist automatically makes you rational? I didn't, you tool. It is, however, a requirement for a rational worldview. If your worldview includes the belief that the talking snakes and 8 foot tall war generals are part of human history, your worldview is NOT a rational one.

There is not ONE GOOD reason to accept religion, religion only enters into a person's mind from a point of their weakness. Usually this weakness is simply being a child and having parents that want you to learn the stupid shit they believe in. You're very impressionable as a kid and even children invariably at some point see through the bullshit.

And unless you can cite examples of my "ridiculous misconceptions" so that I can defend my positions, I suggest YOU go fuck yourself and shut. The. Fuck. Up.
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

No it's not, it's quite clearly a lack of ability to communicate on your behalf. You failed to explain your position in a manner that is comprehensible to your audience.

You implied that when you began grasping for straws and changing the topic of this thread. The topic was atheism, not rationalist views of existence, and just because you have a presupposition as to what existence really is it doesn't give you the go-ahead to accuse him of being afraid to see what the world "really is."

So what if it is?

Grasp for more straws, why don't you?

'Rationally weak' you mean? I thought so.

Are you going to present a slideshow or do you need a box to stand on?

Why would I even waste my time on dealing with a defensive twat like you any further? Tell you what, I'll deal with them as they happen if I see them.
    test
  10. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Well you'll have to not speak complete stupidity before you start "dealing" with me. Work on not being wrong as shit first, then you'll be able to address me. Eat a dick, in the meantime.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

At what stage of a persons life do they begin to.explore religion? Is it when their young think they know everything an in actuality know nothing? Or later on after they've actually explored what the world has to offer them, and are not content with what it offers..?
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

How am I the one speaking complete stupidity?

How does that not imply causation, since you say it's not your position?

I mean really, how much rope do you need to explain your position?

I've given you enough to hang yourself with, but I'm not sure you deserve any more than that.

I'm not saying you can't think rationally for yourself when it comes to what you accept as true. But as I asked you, do you want a box to stand on? Or do you want to think academically? I mean like a true academic, not a mouthy insult-slinging professor of some sort?
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Don't ever make the erroneous claim that I am making a faulty assumption as to your position again, while at the same time grasping at straws and making poor communication.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

Meanwhile not even really knowing ur position either lol
    test
  15. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Well at first I just thought you were dumb or trolling, but I see by the double post, you lack intellectual honestly. It's easy to mistake intellectual dishonesty for stupidty, apologies to you.

You are misrepresenting the shit out of the point I was making. The OP has Nu admitting that the thought of dying, and having finality attached to death is, and I quote "the most scariest thought I've ever conjured". So instead of dealing with the idea that this is probably it (we have no substantial reason to believe it's not), he chooses to follow a religion, that while clearly not true at all, satisfies his immature need to feel like when his eyes close for the final time he still will live on in some form.

Now this is were your assumption is made. Just because somebody doesn't take on a religion for this childish reason and chooses to be atheist, does not mean they will have a rational worldview. I didn't say or imply that even on what you quoted. Because being an atheist only answers one question: whether or not you believe in god. It answers nothing else about you, any number of which could be just as delusional as believing we're god's "children".
    test
  16. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Nightmare is like every stuck in their shell teenage atheist x50.
    test
  17. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

How long did it take you to think of that? If you understand so much about the way people think based, well, not enough information to know that shit, where's your degree in psychology?

Oh that's right, you just a loser who has attached himself lips first to my nuts. Good for you bruh.
    test
  18. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

A great man such as myself would not waste a near decade going into psychology.

And we don't need any extended one on one time (n/h) for me to recognize a lone wolf with a colossal chip on his shoulder.
    test
  19. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

^^ Delusions of Grandeur.

The irony being of course that the above mentioned problem is so common in human beings, you're actually not special at all.
    test
  20. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Way to not be able to detect obvious facetiousness.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.