"I Don't Understand It" Noone has said it better than Big L

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Sparticus2, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Yeah you can. Im not claiming he made a significant impact on hiphop though. He didnt even make a dent, he did nothing. Sure he has hardcore fans like me, just like you seem to be a core Big L fan, but just cause I love his shit, dont mean its worth half a shit.

Honestly, what seperates Big L from people like Joe Budden, Cassidy and Lloyd Banks? He isnt better than them, he really honestly isnt. Times have changed, so these artists sound a bit different, but if they were around in Ls time, im sure theyd sound similar.

What makes L so much better than everyone? What makes him so significant and important? You cannot give a valid answer, which is why you guys always go on the defensive

"Uh well, Budden hasnt either!"

Thats not the point. Yall cant never let someone stand or fall on their own merits, its always gotta be in relation to the other persons favorites. I look at Big L and you guys, the same exact way you look at me and the way I like Buddens music. What makes 1 person more right than the other? The fact that L is dead, and its more popular belief on this site to call him a legend? Honestly, I doubt there is 50 thousand people that really give a fuck about Big L. If he dropped an album of ALL new material it wouldnt sell 100 thousand copies. He is not the beloved prince of hiphop you guys make him out to be, only on this site, because some people like him, and they force their opinions unto others.
    test
  2. cock juggler

cock juggler Double ML=STUD

Oz is a pathetic nerdy wigger faggot with no life and no friends.the only attention he gets in life is on a message board.ignore the loser.
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Funny how someone who named himself Oprahs Cunthole can accuse someone else of seeking attention.
    test
  4. cock juggler

cock juggler Double ML=STUD

how is that seeking attention you nerdy little faggot?it's no different than being called Oz.you contribute to ruining this whole website loser.
    test
  5. THIEF

THIEF New Member

the mere fact that big L spawned a generation of copy cat ass no talent havin cliched punchline usin boring soundin rappers (like a cassidy or a papoose) should be enough reason for someone to rape oz's fat whore of a mother with a sand paper condom for even doubting the influence dude had on rap/rappers
    who was wittier than big L when he was out? who had more quotables than big L? all these new jack rappers are bitin his whole steez
    not to mention he put on rappers like mase, cam'ron, mcgruff etc

and legends like kool g rap wouldn't vouche for a weak motha fucka either

OZ is a maxi pad.
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Oz is my real nickname, however I get the feeling Oprahs Kunthole is yours too. My apologies.
    test
  7. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

it's rather sad you're the only one in that world you live in.
    test
  8. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

word the fuck up.
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Blah, I knew I shouldnt have read your stupid post. Now I have to prove everything you say wrong.
    How did L put on Mase or Cam'ron? They were all part of the same group, none of them put each other on. Thats like saying Big Boi put Andre 3000 on, they was in it together.

Kool G Rap does vouche for...uhhh...UHHH... PAPOOSE. The first album Papoose was ever on was a Kool G Rap album, on the song "Home Sweet Funeral Home". Now if you havent taken your foot out your mouth yet, I might remind you everyone From Nas to Busta Rhymes, To Kool G Rap has vouched for Papoose. Thats neither here nor there tho, but I find it interesting giving the arguement you are unsuccessfully trying to make.

Next of all, Big L did not spawn mixtape rappers. Mixtape accessability and the internet spawned mixtape rappers. Big L didnt put nobody on, and nobody came out immediately after his death. If you wanna attribute that shit to anyone, you can attribute it to 50 Cent. He blew up mixtapes. Granted them artists, might have respected or looked up to and even admired L, that dont mean a fucking thing.

Furthermore, of all the copycats you claim, absolutely none of them sound remotely like L. Nobody has copied him, he was original in the way he crafted songs. But so is Gnarleys Barkley, should they be automatically accepted as the greatest of the great?

Blah @ the rest of your heterophobic induced post tho.
    test
  10. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

grade = B+
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Honestly tho, Im not even a big L hater lol. I like his music, or I liked it anyway, I cant really listen to him these days cause the shit sounds so dated. I just think he is over-rated, especially on this site.
    test
  12. THIEF

THIEF New Member

quite a lengthy paragraph, from the girl who had cried about how much she hates me and suggested to other sissies to "put thief on your ignore list!"

nowhere in my post did i mention mixtapes you nonsensical babbling idiot. the whole notion of punchline rapping was further emphasized after big L came out, this is the general concensus of people who listen to rap and who currently dont have lupe fiasco's genitals in their mouth.
    saying big L didnt originate or better yet help push this style forward is like saying NWA hasn't influenced rappers with all that "thug/gangster" image.

And like i said:

"who had more quotables than big L? all these new jack rappers are bitin his whole steez"

Quit licking the food and liquor cover and face facts you chicken shit bastard, and name 2 rappers during big L's era or before who had as many catchy/witty/ill lines as him.

Put me back on your ignore list before i make you cry again Wendy.
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Corny Punchlines do not equal quotables.
    test
  14. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

examples, give us EXAMPLES!
    test
  15. THIEF

THIEF New Member

its funny how OZ avoids questions, stupid cracker

and even funnier how big L was 19 when he got signed to columbia, and how papoose (Oz's first love) will turn 30 in 2008 and is yet to be signed hahaha awww =(

WOMP WOMP WOMP
    test
  16. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

A bitch asked for a ring, I put one around her whole eye.

Entertaining line and all, but I wouldnt call it a quotable.
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

& If theif wants to take his foot out his mouth again, he might know Papoose just signed to Jive in august.

Edit that gay ass laugh out kiddo. Your back on ignore. You havent made a single correct statement, in as long, as possibly your entire lifetime.
    test
  18. THIEF

THIEF New Member

this is the illest line in the history of hip hop:

"kids ask me if my daddy is sick of us, cuz you aint eva pick me up =**("

hahaahah, crying ass emo fag. "daddy dont leave me" hahahahahah

OZ loves lupe.
    test
  19. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

i don't think anybody considers that a quotable.
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Thats what L was all about. Most of his lines were in that vein.

Oh and not that it matters, but just for the record, Paps deal got him 1.5 million just to sign the dotted line. L prolly never saw that much money in his entire career.

Just thought id toss that out there.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.