"I Don't Understand It" Noone has said it better than Big L

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Sparticus2, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Londo

Londo Fuck You

ehh, a few times Jay sounded like he got caught up, and had to think about what he was going to say. L didn't do that, and came correct with it. Maybe amatuer was a strong word, but he definately outshines him, and it's by more than just a little.
    test
  2. Honkey

Honkey New Member

By the way for them Big L fans out there. What ya'll think of his song "Street Struck" from "Lifestylez ov da poor and dangerous"? That has to be my favourite Big L song ever. When I hear that moody organ I still get the chills I used to get the first time I heard Big L.
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

L made no contributions to hiphop, he didnt change hiphop, he didnt do anything relevent or important. Even U dickriders must recognize that.
    test
  4. THIEF

THIEF New Member

^^ This kid would kill his mom for a quick sniff of lupe fiasco's hanes her way briefs.

That is his contribution to homosexuality.
    test
  5. Honkey

Honkey New Member

Thats not what dj premier, lord finesse, pete rock seem to think (people who have also contributed a lot to hip hop) and I'm pretty sure their opinion counts for a lot more than some lonely pre-pubescent loser who has to flood these boards with 1000's of worthless opinions because apparently he "likes watchin you faggots get butthurt about comments on a chat board" when really he's trying to compensate his insignificance by insulting deceased hip hop legends in hopes of getting some attention from someone other than his poor mother. Congratulations to you oh wise one.
    test
  6. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

I said it before, Oz is a drama queen who's opinions go against the grain just to provoke a reaction.
    test
  7. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

That 7 minute free is overrated. L obviously wrote his rhymes and Jay wrote a lot of his, too.
    test
  8. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

WOW, I was just going to make a thread about this song after I read this page of posts, thats a coincidence. It is also my favorite Big L song ever, and in my thread I was gonna ask Oz to listen to it right now and honestly tell me that it isn't an amazing song. That song shows Big L's socially consious lyricism and themed songs as opposed to what a lot of people think of him as just mafioso punchline raps. Shit is classic, absolutely love the beat too.
    test
  9. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

No one said or thinks that those verses wern't at least partially written. The word freestyle can be interpreted several different ways, more literally as rhyming right of the top of the dome as best you can, or just as as a verse or track that isn't written down but is mentally prepared a lot, or just as spitting a random verse to a random beat on, for example, a radio show like that one was on, or on TV. You think there arn't a lot of people that have written out the verses that they "freetyle" on Rap City? I don't think GZA was actually just freestyling of the top when he was on Rap City, im sure he wrote his verse cause that's what he does. It's just referred to a freestyle under those circumstances.
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I dont really hate L at all, he is just not what you guys make him out to be, to me. That of course, is not good enough for you faggots, if I aint dickriding him til my death, then im doing something wrong, so I just piss yall off. Little whining bitches.

But honestly, dont tell me Premo thinks he was relevent, and not have some kind of quote of your own. Your only validating you cannot think of anything relevent, hiphop changing or important that L did. He did nothing. He was just another rapper that got shot.
    test
  11. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

there's a difference between dickriding somebody and showing somebody due respect.

your hilarious blatant hating by saying he did nothing or he's just another rapper is comedy.

with that said...

take notes.
    test
  12. THIEF

THIEF New Member

"This shit is eternal, i rock the heaven's well
    even if they wont let me in heaven, i'll raise hell
    'till it's heaven"

^one of the dopest lines in that 7 minute freestyle.
    test
  13. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

Yeeah man, that's what I meant about Jay-Z verses being more deep, or subtle in their meaning. So after one listen you might think L murdered Jay but after a while you catch stuff you didnt befoer
    test
  14. THIEF

THIEF New Member

yea i used to forward thru jay's part.. his delivery was all weird n shit
    that was before he switched his shit up, back when he was rappin fast n shit

but yea that part was raw.. theres several other quotables that i dont care enough to quote, but he did have some shit in there that was tite. big L's shit just sounded better.
    test
  15. Big L would definatly be in my top 20 of all time. His storytelling is rediculous, and he has a unique voice & flow in my opinion.

Da Graveyard from Lifestyles is one of my favorite hip-hop songs of all time.
    test
  16. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

What did he do?
    What did he change?
    How did he impact rap in anyway?
    He was just another rapper. I mean really, what did he do that was so significant?
    test
  17. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

made incredible music that was unique, original and creative. I would say that is pretty significant.
    test
  18. fishyfishy

fishyfishy Active Member

oz u hate on every rapper who aint joe budden. what the fuck....y do you even listen to rap
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

No, thats not significant. Plenty of rappers make ill music and are never recognized for it. lol @ Unique, original, and creative...3 words to say the same thing. You really dont have much to say about L huh?
    test
  20. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

You could say EXACTLY the same thing about Joe Budden.

What did he do? Released one album and is forgot about.
    What did he change? Nothing?
    How did he impact rap in anyway? Uhh..
    He was just another rapper. I mean really, what did he do that was so significant?... uhh.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.