I can't wait for X Men 3.

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Look im Gangsta, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandman84

Sandman84 New Member

Those differences are borderline insignificant. Who cares what kind of red it is? It's still red....

Good job on the observations though, ever considered a career in forensics?
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

From what I hear this is the last X men. So dreams of Gambit will be unfufilled.
    test
  3. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

it's crossed my mind, but to the point...that's not the original costume as you and someone else said.

the differences are actually monumental...for the simple fact that the colors and design go against almost 70 years of continuity.

but that might not even matter if the storyline is good enough, The Batman Begins costume for example...i wasn't a fan of that nor the new batmobile, at all.
    test
  4. Sandman84

Sandman84 New Member

The bottom line is, the "costume change" isn't an X-Men type situation where the whole design changes. The majority of people that go to see the movie won't notice at all, so it really doesn't matter. As for the Batman Begins, the movie was a prequel, so the "new" batmobile wasn't new at all. It was awkward and bulky because it was the original.
    test
  5. Pyro Tecknik

jesus christ, will you stop saying, "it's the original"....it's not.

people are used to seeing the x-men in different costumes(in the comic book community which is obviously it's main audience)...that's nothing new. every single one of them goes through a costume change(however slight it may be) about every decade(or every 5 years it seems now). That's Marvel.

DC however...has stayed for the most part, pretty consistent with the costumes...granted, superman went through a couple drastic changes after his death and resurrection, but he was eventually given back his red and blue tights.

so, as to the claim that "they won't notice"...as you can see from that 'superman return's' image that i posted...they already have.

but like i said, if the storyline/plot goes over well...it might not even matter much, but this i can say for sure....even if they liked the movie, they'll still have something negative to say about the costume.

and 'Batman Begins' is not a prequel...or what do you think it's a prequel of? It's a new storyline/series/franchise....it's a whole different entitiy from the tim burton and shumacher films. it's starting off with his origin...which they fucked up on a couple parts.(the main one being, Ra's Al Ghul was persian...not white nor asian(as first depicted in the film)....but definitely not white). and the fucking batmobile....it has always been a suped up car...not an off road tank.
    test
  6. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

yup, in the scene where Mystique is going through the computer with te Cerebro II plans...there is a list of mutants and Gambit is listed by his real name (Remy LeBeau) and I'm sure you saw the scene where Dr. Hank McCoy was on TV....
    test
  7. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Ow yeah, I remember now. lol, I remember being like ''That's Gambit!'' everytime I watched it with some one.
    test
  8. Sandman84

Sandman84 New Member

They, being the majority, won't notice and even if they do, most people won't care. As for Batman Begins, I liked the fact that the Batmobile wasn't a suped-up car. He didn't have time to trick that shit out, just like that Batcave wasn't hooked up either. Since they Nolan did go back to the original, it's better that everything wasn't "perfect" yet. Plus, I mean, did that really make the movie any worse?
    test
  9. Pyro Tecknik

as i already established..."they"(the majority) already have noticed...and cared enough to voice their opinion against the new look. that argument is done.

"since nolan went back to the original"...do you mean his origin? also, specify more clearly what you were referring to when you said, "did that really make the movie worse"...did what make it worse? otherwise i can't really respond to anything else.
    test
  10. Sandman84

Sandman84 New Member

As for Superman, I've been a comic book fan for the majority of my life, and I don't give a shit about the differences in his costume. To me, the differences are insignificant. However, I understand that all the fanboys out there will feel differently...

As for Batman Begins, yes I did mean his origin and I was referring to the awkwardness of the Batmobile when I asked "did that make the movie worse?"
    test
  11. Pyro Tecknik

you are the first and only person that i've heard that didn't give a shit about the costume.

yea it's fine that everything wasn't 'perfect'...i didn't have a problem with that. i had a problem with the script writing and the direction the movie had taken....it wasn't anywhere near to what i was hoping/expecting. personally, i didn't find the movie all that great(and i'm a huge Batman fan). the storyline sucked and basically decided to revamp his origin, the villains sucked(at least in this film), one just had a flimsy mask(when he should have been all decked out) and some fear spray agent....the other guy was a white european when he should have been persian. the costume was gay...should have been dark grey and black, not completely black(could barely make out the Bat symbol), very weak and mediocre depictions of Bruce Wayne and Batman. Bruce/Batman has a thing against guns(for obcious reasons) and killing....yet in the movie, he had a gun and was going to kill. then the battank....they definitely could have made it look a hell of a lot better than that piece of crap. so did it make it any worse?....not singlehandedly, no.
    test
  12. Sandman84

Sandman84 New Member

I was never a huge Superman fan, and always preferred Marvel to DC. Maybe that's why I don't give a shit. As for Batman Begins, I liked it more than any of the other Batman films, and I actually preferred Christian Bale to Michael Keaton as Batman. Batman Begins also had the best cast, but that's just my opinion...
    test
  13. Pyro Tecknik

i prefer DC to Marvel(but i do give a fuck about both).

schumacher's batman doesn't exist to me. Burton's 'Batman' and Batman Returns' were dope though.(and was actually a better comic-to-film adaptation than Begins.)

christian bale was a good bruce wayne, just the 'batman voice" and the way they made him act like bruce at times that i didn't like. i also agree that the cast was the best one they've had so far, aside from liam neeson as ra's al ghul and katie holmes as rachael dawes(who doesn't even exist in the Batman mythos...simply made up for this film).
    test
  14. Sandman84

Sandman84 New Member

LOL @ Schumacher's Batman not existing. I kinda liked Katie Holmes in that role, I had no respect for her as an actress prior to seeing Batman Begins. The only thing that bothered me was that Cillian Murphy as The Scarecrow was such a pussy....then basically reprised the role in Red Eye....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.