I ask again.... HOW THE FUCK IS PAPOOSE NICE?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ANDtheMC, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I just peeped that Russian Roulette track on HHG.com.... It's sooooooo wack... Even the way he says Russian Roulette sounds horrible... His delivery is absolutely positively the worst I've heard outta anyone I've heard someone say is "dope"...

He has NOOOOOOOO mic cadence, charisma, or character... He just says his rhymes like he readin' it like he's bored of sayin' his rhymes but he wants to sound hyped so he just yells it....

Plus, the song format is EXACTLY the same thing as Faces of Death... Faces of Death was a dope concept but he put it together horribly... I REALLY REALLY honestly think this guy's trash... His concepts are pretty creative sometimes but he doesn't put his rhymes together well on his punchline shit (they're SOOOOOOOOO FORCED) and his delivery is HORRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCC.... That's not even an exaggeration
    test
  2. fcuk

fcuk New Member

dude, u are not from nyc so u dont understand the engineer of his creative style. u should just stick to your local acts, ie..e-40, da click
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ WTF?!?!?! hahahahahah

Idiot... I was born in Queens... E-40? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry... I know hip hop... I know a forced line when I hear one... I know when someone falls off beat when I hear it (which he often does).... I know when someone has no mic cadence, delivery, voice, charisma, presence... WHATEVER YOU WANNA NAME ABOUT HIS DELIVERY

This guy has great concepts but makes shit of them.... I keep givin' du' a chance 'n check out his tracks once in a while cuz everyone tries to make du' out to the God 'n I wanna see if I'm missin' somethin'... I'm DEF'NITELY not
    test
  4. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

papoose has alot of pretend fans like alot of other underground artists. i cannot bring myself to accept that people actually think he makes good music, rather people like him because they respect him as a person more then commercial acts... basically his fans dont care he sucks they like who he is and what he represents and support him by listening to his music
    test
  5. sardo

sardo THE ILLEST

andthemc,
    ok man,i get the impression you aint hating,u just aint feelin' pap.
    i think he's dope!! but that russian roulette track was weak.
    but check out :

monopoly
    corner store
    the beast (with talib kweli)
    the boyz in the hood

pap is nice in my opinion,and could do great things for hip-hop.
    test
  6. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

He's average.
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ Yup, def'nitely not hatin'.... I'm not a hater... I wanna see MC's thrive cuz that gives me more to listen to... But he's not thrivin' or good...

I liked Monopoly... That's like 1 outta 2 songs I liked from him....

The Beast wit Kweli, him and Kweli were both fallin' off beat... haha... But Kweli's top 3 favorite rapper..... And Pap's delivery on that shit was trash too...

Heard Boys in the Hood 'n thought the same thing....
    test
  8. fcuk

fcuk New Member

everybody have thier own opinion so they should reserve thier judgments.

i dont want to deliberate how his delivery is because dictating it to wanna be backpackers is like talking to a ken doll. they just wont listen.

but i respect how u feel based on one song
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF? A "wannabe backpacker"? You're makin' urself look very ignorant right now... I know what a good delivery is... MAINSTREAM OR UNDERGROUND... For instance, Ludicris's delivery is nasty but I never felt his rhymes much......... I don't listen to 'em.... Someone can have an ill delivery and I could still not listen to 'em...

PAP'S DELIVERY IS TRASH... he has NONE of what I mentioned earlier.......
    test
  10. fcuk

fcuk New Member

thats probably why you are not an a&r
    test
  11. Ya Boi

Ya Boi New Member

i gotta agree w/ du' tho, I aint got no negative thoughts on Pap, but whut i have heard from him, i didnt exactly think was the hottest. hes got some good creative shyt here and there, so i didnt think he was too bad,,, but thought he was WAY off on that Touch it remix. i can see how alotta cats feel him, but i can also see how alotta cats wouldnt feel him
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Sorry du'... I know wayyyyyyyy more about the music industry than you... I do heavy research in preparation... And I'm think just like A&R's are as far as Pap....

You know when a rapper keeps droppin' mixtapes and doesn't drop a album for a long long long time? That usually means the label / labels don't feel the artist is prepared to drop yet so mixtapes are almost like development/we don't feel your ready type shit/it's gonna be tough to market u at the moment-type shit

That's why JR Writer hasn't dropped... His delivery isn't ready yet... He still sounds like a little kid.... Pap is the same... Even Saigon (who's the most developed outta all three - doesn't mean he's the best or most talented but most developed) isn't considered ready yet...

For instance... Eminem got signed to a major, right? How long before his album came out? EXACTLY... He was ready.... EVEN SOMEONE LIKE YOUNG JEEZY... Got signed 'n soon dropped an album... It means their sound is ready to be marketed... 50 got signed 'n soon dropped an album... Even Cassidy... You notice a trend? They all had their deliveries somewhat developed.... IN MAINSTREAM, YOU NEED A GOOD DELIVERY CUZ MAINSTREAM FANS LISTEN FOR THE SOUND... I don't listen just for the sound cuz lyrics are MAJOR FOR ME, but if you SOUND LIKE TRASH (not even average) I'm not listenin' to you... If you're fallin' off beat, I'm not listenin' to you... BOTH INSTANCES WIT PAPOOSE

A couple of examples of people that didn't... Jin, Saigon, Papoose, Crooked I, Hell Rell, and a LOT OF OTHERS... And I think Crooked I is one of the nicest STRAIGHT SPITTERS EVER... But he ain't ready yet either as far as albums after hearin' Boss Music 2....

Papoose's delivery is TRASH and SOUND is what mainstream goes by... Look how many mixtapes he's dropped... Where's the major label and an album with a major? DON'T GIMME THE EXCUSE THAT HE DOESN'T WANT TO, cuz he can say all we wants that he doesn't think the artist make enough... Cuz if you're confident you're dope, can put out a dope album WITH A MAJOR, get acclaim, and decent sales... FUCK THE SALES MONEY... If you go on tour @ that point, you can make 50 to 100 G's EASY PER SHOW... So that's a bullshit excuse that I'm expecting one of ya'll were gonna defend 'em wit....

He's not ready... I know the music industry... OBVIOUSLY, much more than you... And his delivery IS trash.....
    test
  13. fcuk

fcuk New Member

sure, would u like a mcdonalds cookie maam?
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^ Yes, I actually would... haha

And you're actin' like I came out the blue braggin'... I usually don't talk 'bout what I know 'bout industry or the fact that my manager works @ Sony/Epic or I got props from Howie McDuffie from Rawkus Records gave me props 'n all that.... I don't even talk 'bout my career on here.... Cuz that's not what I come on boards for... YOU QUESTIONED ME, so I set the record straight...

That's all....
    test
  15. Algebra

Algebra sooo classic

thats why hes making more money than you.
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

UMMM.... I guess if u were 10 and there was another kid makin' 20 dollars allowance and u only made 10 per week, he would be a better person than you... G'job...

I see you're another one on this board wit a 5 year old's mindset... We're not talkin' money, moron.... And we'll see what happens anyway.... I'm still young.............
    test
  17. fcuk

fcuk New Member

make more money than me? im still spending money from 2001 i made from hustlin in college mr. pre algebra
    test
  18. Algebra

Algebra sooo classic

What ya need to do is stop hating, when a cat start making money everyone wanna say hes wacker than ya'll say he is. Jigga starts to make money, everyone saying hes a biter and hes overrated. Cats from the south start making money everyone start sucking they dick like "why ya like their music ,they trash".

Just face it, its gotta be something that people like about his music that make cats go and buy his mixtapes. Just stop hatin, when people finally start cakin ya wanna try to knock they hustle by calling them wack.
    test
  19. Bugzy Bogart

Bugzy Bogart New Member

i'm 28 years old, from ny, and have owned and operated a label for over 5 years. papoose is not that good.
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

More ignorance outta Algebra... How am I hatin'? Hating is dislikin' someone without a valid reason.... I broke down why his style's wack... Why don't you try to refute how he's nice instead of automatically goin' off basis 'n sayin' someone's hatin'... I'm obviously not...

I like Jay... He's makin' money... Money has nuttin' to do wit shit... Jay has a delivery.... YOU GET IT? *shakes my head @ the stupidity of some of these kids*
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.