I am officially never watching any movies on theatre ever......

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by V-Max, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-Max

V-Max ROUND ONE: FIGHT!!!

How much did it make at the box office? Yea just like Shrek, through high critical praise and word of mouth, it was a blockbuster smash, that's gotta be it right?

No, they all unknown=not talked about=therefore,=they suck.

So you expect me to believe you just because YOU said so? You lose again.

All I asked was to name at least 10 movies worth paying and seeing in the theatres, then after coming out, you felt satisfied.

Only TWO of the movies you named were okay, which is a far cry from a TEN, let alone going to the theatres. They are rental-worthy at best.

So how many times do I need to prove you false?
    test
  2. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

It made 176 million dollars worldwide and certainly had high critical praise. The two Shrek films are the #1 and #3 or 4 grossing animated films of all-time, so that's not exactly a realistic measuring stick. It did much better than many other recent animated films, though. (Robots, Barnyard, Open Season, Over the Hedge, Arthur and the Invisibles, etc)
    Just because you and your acquaintances don't pay attention to film does not mean they were not talked about. Nor does lack of popularity necessarily have anything to do with quality.
    No, but it is odd that you would assume someone was correct in saying those two films were not great when you hadn't seen either of them and it was, at that point, my word against his, and he has no list by which to measure his cinematic preferences to your own.
    Which is what I did.
    How many of them have you seen for you to make that judgement? Also, I don't believe any film can be simply "rental-worthy". Any movie worth seeing is worth seeing in the theater. I'm not opposed to renting movies, but films are made to be screened in a theater, and if you don't want to see it in the theater, why bother with it on DVD?

Once would suffice.
    test
  3. DiViNeHaTrEd

DiViNeHaTrEd aka ResiduaL

haha@how much The Jeus is sonning V-Max.
    test
  4. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Ever think that maybe the only reason you think all movies suck is because you only pay attention to a very small percentage of them? You said that you don't see any movies worth going to, then when people list them, you say that they don't count because you've never heard of them, even though anyone who paid any attention at all to movies would have heard of most, if not all, of them. Your original challenge was to name ten movies in the theater worth going to, not ten movies that you've picked up on with your three second attention span that are worth going to. Seriously, I realize you're just trying to annoy people, but you should still pick your battles, because you obviously do poorly when you're arguing against someone who knows a lot more than you do. Plus, you should probably try to make it a little less obvious that there's nothing behind your argument besides ridiculous statements, red herrings and ad hominem attacks.
    test
  5. V-Max

haha@how much seriously he's taking each and every one of my posts

hey I got what I want, lots of replies and attention.

I win.
    test
  6. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Dude, what rock do you live under?

All of those movies with the exception of maybe one or two, are all easily recognizeable film titles. Seriously, do you not have cable? Are you on a dial up? Do you have indoor plumbing?

There's no way you haven't heard of those unless you have absolutely no form of media around you.

You're dumb as fuck.
    test
  7. V-Max

I don't even have to son you.

Your avatar did it for you.
    test
  8. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Yes, coming on the internet and arguing retarded points just for a little attention is definitely the mark of a winner.
    test
  9. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Half naked female?

You're right, that's self pwnage on my part.

Some of us enjoy vagina, though I have nothing against you and your love of cock.
    test
  10. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Wow, just quit V-Max, just quit...
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

reading that exchange was like watching a pitbull strangle the life out of a kitty cat.

Anyway, Fuck the theatre... Fuck downloading....

I have the solution Originally discovered by Messiah...

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/index.do/4

Click movie... Movie plays... Enjoy.

Any movie theatre wise or homevideo wise, You can watch it!
    Good to great quality as well.

Ps. Did that movie hard candy make anyone elses testicals feel uncomfortable?
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Letters From Iwo Jima

You actually sat through two-three hours of subtitles?
    Man, I can only do about 1 hour and 05 mins if an overly talkative movie has subtitles. I feel like I'd be better off just reading the book.

Flags of our fathers was a great movie though!
    test
  13. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

That seems to be the majority sentiment but I've never really had any issues with subtitles personally. Not to mention, there's not always a book (but in the case of Letters from Iwo Jima, there is)
    test
  14. Sparticus2

Sparticus2 New Member

How bout my list of like 30? All of which were mainstream.
    test
  15. HM@variance

HM@variance New Member

Borat? Are you inapt?... forget it. not even goin' there
    test
  16. Goonie Goo Goo

Goonie Goo Goo Hahahaha

hahahahahaha this dudes argument had me dying he was just fucking with everyone
    test
  17. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Oh no, don't say that one to him... his head was so screwed up about that one he thought that Leonard Shelby was A COP. And he watched it in his psychology class! He's a failure.
    test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

He has no audio/visual learning abilities. The only reason he liked the last Lord of the Rings movie was because he read the book 30 times.
    test
  20. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

didnt read all that... but the best rebuttal i can think to V-Maxs never going to the theatres again is that at some point when his post count was around 700 he stated that he was through with rap and never posting on here again. As we can all see his posts are at 1000 so.... well you get it....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.