I’m not hateful or judgmental

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

^^^i never said ill enjoy the process of dying. i obviously meant ill die without regret instead of like frank from scarface lol
    test
  2. Radium

Radium f k

i was saying that theres now way you could know how you would react/feel at those last moments b4 death

based on the the surge of emotions and desires that would overwhelmingly consume you

theres no way you could say that you would just be happy that you lived and racked up a whole lot of existentialist achievements. that certainly might be part of it - but theres just no way you would know what kind of person you are going to transform into/become in that setting
    test
  3. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i guess the question then becomes: is a lifetime of reassurance worth 6-7 minutes of doubt?
    test
  4. Radium

Radium f k

i think those last conscious moments before death contain a very profound truth about human life that can be extracted and then expanded out to summarize the whole experience though

guessing but

i think we think back to everything we had ever created an attachment to and there is this desire to be w these things forever and ever

maybe thats wrong. what do you think? what do you think you would do?
    test
  5. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

it's hard to really say. the only exposure i've ever had to death was that of my father and his death was a long drawn out process (cancer) so by the end of it all he was begging to go. i guess assuming that i've enjoyed life up until then and my quality of life hadn't degraded to the point of misery, i'd probably want to continue living. i could also see the prospect of reuniting with the people i've loved being comforting in the end. if that's what i thought really happened then ultimately i'd prefer it to the idea of just fading away out of existence. this probably does say something profound about humanity, and i'm sure its no coincidence that the idea of life after death is something that occurred to us.

but if that (the afterlife) is not actually the case, then i'd prefer not to live my life under the delusion that it was. that's the dilemma.
    test
  6. Radium

Radium f k

thats interesting that you say that because my dad actually died from a heart attack. he was basically a very aggressive and unhealthy man and when i found out that there is a 6 to 7 minute space of full consciousness before death from a heart attack i would always wonder what he must have been thinking in that time. i want to think in that short time before he knew he was going to die that he finally changed somehow.

your dad dieing from a long drawn out cancer definitely creates a different setting for how he/you might generally regard death vs the way i might

it seems youre agreeing w me actually but the severity/urgency is different between me and you

there is less urgency towards existing/not existing for you than there is for me

theres isnt anything wrong with your stance but i really dont think its a stance created from your final stage.

that final stage would be the very last moments (lets say 6 to 7 minutes) before death where there is an extremely urgent dichotomy of existing/not existing in front of you

to me it seems like youre basing your decision about being atheist from a stage that comes some time way before that. from the stage you have made that decision from (your current stage i guess) its probably logical to be atheist.

the only problem is that its probably not your last stage, but a middling stage, as part of a series of stages
    test
  7. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i don't really think it is a choice that i can plausibly make; existing or not existing, regardless of the urgency in which the contrast is presented. i base the decision to be atheist on which scenario i think is more likely to actually occur. if i could just take my pick out of the two in the full knowledge that whichever i chose would come true, there wouldn't be any need to contemplate for even a second which one would be preferable.
    test
  8. Radium

Radium f k

fair enough
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Its not abouy surrendering will. Its about actually being willing. Its two parts "want to know"
    "And asking to know". But someone wont ever do that to the point thats nessicary with whatever presuppositions they harbor on the topic. Yes surrender all that. Then persue it.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Theres deffinately things that will come up during dieing that ull regret im sure. But if this life is all yout conserned about i guess ignorance is bliss for that few minutes, however i can only imagine the regret when u do die. And ur still fully conscious but now darkness legally owns the rights to you. For eternity. Thats where the consern may kick in for many.
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

doesn't anybody realize fear will never affect a true atheist?

but Radium ur right i dont kno exactly how ill feel in those last moments. i may wanna cry then scream with thoughts racing threw my head. but if i have the chance to die an old man and got to do everything i wanted to and also proud of what im leaving behind, then yes i can say 100% positive that when im able to think rationally for even a moment that ill realize death is just a part of life and its my time
    test
  12. Radium

Radium f k

ok thats fair

but please be so kind as to chemically bookmark this thread and your responses in it somewhere into your brain memory so that you can remember how, as a youth, you felt so callously towards death and the abject nothingness that it represents -- when you are at last just seconds away from finally slipping away into it.

maybe the new you will look back and laugh at the old you

remix: osamu tezuka's last words just before death reportedly were:

Osamu Tezuka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and yes shout out 2 this gai

and shout out to star trek because even though its dead its never dead

see: 1rst response

Is Star Trek Dead or on Life Support? And would you like to see another Series? - Yahoo! Answers

lovers >

based never die ima be there next morning - basedgod

[youtube]-K8lEFnFqcU[/youtube]

lovers >>

its still reale to me damn you

(. _ . )
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

This is the problem with that. Its the pride of life. U feel somewhat in control of ur life, able to predict outcomes from actions, an u put confidence in reason and freedoms, and ur future life for the most part. An thats all fine and dandy but death on the other hand is NOTHING like that. U no longer have control over what happens. An say that death isnt a final destination. What if die and realize u actually just began something. Ull be conscious but alk the control that u had on earth is no longer ur reality. Now u face a completely unkown reality. All the things u counted on during life is gone. See even the worst situations in life a person may face on earth u have that sense that at least theres hope for tommorrow. Once u die u no longer belong to urself u belong to whoever owns u. And if its not with God likr it says on the gates of hell "abandon all hope, ye who enter here"
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.