I’m not hateful or judgmental

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

I’m just searching.
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

whatever it is that you find, make sure you're content with it.

fuck everybody else, you need to know it within yourself.

cliche'd the fuck out, but that's how it is.

just think about what happens after you die.

:numaan:
    test
  3. JASON ANTHONY

I don't like to.

The whole "what if I was wrong" thing fucks with my head.
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

maybe you should do some soul searching...But if you come out in the end still feeling the same, then you should still feel confident that if god is real, then he will forgive you for being doubtful threw education.
    test
  5. JASON ANTHONY

I only doubt God because he left it to corrupt men to record and spread his so called "word."

What's wrong with a more direct approach? If I want to tell my son I love him, I tell him. I don't go up to some random guy on the street and give him a message to tell my son, have him repeat it to someone else who will write it down in Latin the way he thinks he remembers it, then have someone else translate it into English and deliver it to my son. The Bible is a giant game of telephone.

I may look into Buddhism.
    test
  6. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

I'm both hateful and judgemental.

Without discernment nothing works, not even the machine you wrote that on.

Some things are bad, some good, some worthy of judgement others of praise ... it's the law of Nature.
    test
  7. JASON ANTHONY

test
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

to be blunt, of course it makes no sense bcuz its not true.

but theres nothing wrong with taken lessons from every religion, culture, philosophy etc. whatever fits u
    test
  9. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

test
  10. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yeah, but god released the vista version of christianity and you didn't download it.

it's called islam, it's the updated version, all the bugs have been fixed so to speak.

then just live in humillity.

test
  11. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Why must religion be the answer? Why must there be a meaning beyond this life? Why not just enjoy this life?

Stop looking for some pretentious meaning or a second chance because there isn't any. The sooner you accept that the sooner you can squeeze the good out of life.

Why do you need some arbitrary 'moral' code or what ever it is religion offers now to validate your existence?
    test
  12. Type_Z_480AZ

Type_Z_480AZ youtube.com/typezmusic

Quoted for truth

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
    test
  13. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

good point.

but to me it doesn't make sense to have nothingness after death.

can you stop denying the possibility of something happening to you after death?

exactly, each his own.

i've never been the one to claim religion is the answer to all life's worries, but just because some have found the answer in religion, don't give them slack for it.

test
  14. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Tha
    he will do that. But ur gonna have to leave the arrogance and speculatiin at the door an truely seek from ur heart.
    test
  15. Look im Gangsta

I don't rule out the possibility that there might be something there. I highly doubt it but I don't conclusively rule it out.

That said, I don't live my life in pursuit of that sliver of hope. It doesn't make sense at all. I have a life now...

...why waste it trying to preserve a potential, unlikely second chance?
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

Honestly, all 'surrender will' posts should be banned. Religious forum or not, 90% of the people here are mature enough to igg this shit. It's just spam at this point.
    test
  17. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

Keep looking intently, I stared with Buddhism and ended with Christianity for my own reasons. You'll end up somewhere - hopefully it's within the grace of God.
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

the most hardhitting points of religion vs. atheist comes down to what happens after we die. does our consciousness slowly fade away or do we experience an afterlife? in my opinon i dont believe in an afterlife and ill live this one life i have to the fullest, and in the last moments ill smile knowing i did. if u cant accept death being the end, then u will never be satisfied with ur life when it nears the end
    test
  19. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i agree with you for the most part... this life-affirming philosophy that you espouse played a large role in me becoming content with my own atheism.

i will however try to answer your question 'why turn to religion' in the context of me looking into buddhism for certain meaning/answers which i have not obtained in day to day living as an atheist, since my post preceded yours and presumably buddhism is included in your blanket assessment of religion.

essentially the reason i decided to give it an in-depth look is because i have certain compulsive habits (addictions) that i would like to correct (drinking and smoking) and i have been told that buddhism and meditation serve as a useful method to stop these compulsions. essentially meditation is a practice that is supposed to enhance focus and requires discipline which gives me a motivation to avoid other temptations.

furthermore you talk about religion being useless during this life. buddhism is centered around obtaining happiness during this life; the buddha even specifically warns against fabrications and empty promises of eternal bliss and communion with god.
    http://www.bps.lk/olib/wh/wh057.pdf

now i have read criticisms of the religion and am aware that its not perfect, and would not encourage anyone to take any of this at face value. i'm not buddhist; far from it. still an atheist but one with an avid interest in buddhist practice and philosophy. there is plenty to be disputed, and all human ideologies are imperfect, especially those which make fantastic claims. i just figured this might provide a little more depth to the question 'why turn to religion?' than merely wishing for an answer to questions which are unknowable by their very nature.
    test
  20. Radium

Radium f k

so you say

when somebody dies from a heart attack roughly 3/4 of them are fully conscious for 6 to 7 minutes

here are some of the ssymptoms that you would have as your body shuts down on you before finally slipping away into the abject nothingness of death

Myocardial infarction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    psychologist erik erikson has these stages that describe a persons life from infancy age to elderly age

Erikson's stages of psychosocial development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

his insights on this are probably the most interesting to me in the subject of psychology. he really seemed to capture what it ultimately meant to have a human's life from start to end very well

but its sort of biased towards the west and its contemporary idea of roles and it does seem very very atheistic

to that extent, its sort of the ultimate atheist/existentialist guide i guess.

but yeh i think its very good and everybody should read it but

it does leave out one very big stage:

the final moments before death

what thoughts must rum through the mind of a man that is on the verge of death; a stage that might only last 6 to 7 minutes (vs the months and years length of stages of identity shaping that preceded this)

atheists always seem pretty sure of themselves about death and what it meant to have a human's life but i sincerely question how sure and steadfast you might be in your identity as you struggle to hold on to your body in that last 6 to 7 minutes.

that last 6 to 7 minutes might actually transform you into having a completely new identity spurned on by an overwhelming desire to stay attached to everything. maybe not. but thats a question you could only really answer as you feel yourself being peeled away from reality. none of us have entered into that stage yet, so none of us really knows how we would respond to it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.