Hypothetically, of course..

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by GaLaTeA, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

...what would you do in the event of being pulled to the side by police, lisence and registration checked, only to find out that in your absence someone drove your car, disregarded any and every possible speed limitation, rules, etc., which would be a cause enough to get your lisence suspended.

So, would you (a) act calmly and spend hours gathering info to prove you weren't the one driving, or (b) beat the person responsible into a pulp?
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

(c) both.

but then again, if someone took my car without me knowing, i'd be a dumbass.
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

I wonder how many people would actually muster being calm under the circumstances ~ I know being loud or disrespectful to a police officer won't get a person anywhere (in worst case jailed), but it's one of those moments when not even pokerface works.

So agreed on the latter part.
    test
  4. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

"yeah officer. i don't know who could've done that! i mean, when they racked up the tickets and violations and car towing, and used my license and signature and social security number and everything that proved it was me, it definitely wasn't i swear!"

doesn't work so well...

if someone ACTUALLY took your car and you didn't know and they did all that, they'd be locked up and you'd find out by a cop calling you to come claim your car and press charges.

in fact, wtf is this thread about? did this happen?
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

hmm i'd go with A....if they stole my car, they'd go to jail and their life is ruined :)
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

"It wasn't me", cue Shaggy..

A family friend went on vacay, leaving her sister to take care of the mail, feed the cat, water the plants. Little did she know, her sister was a bit too lazy to tend to those three tiny errands, so she let her 18-year-old son do them instead. Since she left the car keys in plain view, the kid had a field month with her car.

Stupidity at its finest.

Perfect.
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

how could the person get so many tickets as to get the license suspended without being questioned for being a car not registered to them?

this seems a bit fishy. any time you get pulled over, it's your license they look at, not the owner of the car (unless you're the owner). if you pull the "i'm allowed to use it" story, the cop will most likely call the car owner and see if you are indeed allowed to use it.

just doesn't make any sense.

if this really did happen, your friend doesn't need to spend any time. all she has to do is print out the charges from the plane/bus/train ticket & hotel/motel receipt.
    test
  8. pedale pupa

pedale pupa New Member

Traffic light cameras?
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I dont even know if this scenario is possible.

when i made it to court id settle it all out and sue this person.

But i dont know if the scenario is possible because your liscence is attatched to you, not your car. Your insurance may go up and youll have hefty fines to pay and whatnot. But i dont see how your liscence gets suspended for someone else driving erratically.
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

They dont know whos driving. Your drivers liscence is attatched to the driver, not the car. Your insurance may go way up but even that is unlikely because around here photo radar doesnt affect your insurance because they cant prove who was driving the vehicle. The only tickets that affect your insurance are ones where the cops actually pull you over and take all the info.
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

Highway and tunnel radars ~ which snapped each time the speed limitation was crossed (no cops needed to actually pull you over, but one simply gets send the bill to their mail box), and the cherry on top was going about 190 km/h (118.06 mph) through toll station ~ caught on radar again (speed limit is set to 40 km/h ~ 24.85 mph, since those are no longer used for its primary function, thus limitation was set to the minimum as an alternative to demolishing the toll stations ~ and since that's considered as an "omg road deed" which is valued the same way as going in the wrong direction, it'll bank you 7 penalty points alone with a niffty price tag of a fine to match. Once a person collects 18 penalty points, it's an automatic driving lisence suspension time).

As I understood, she had around 5-8 penalty points throughtout the past year, so the kid only added on to it. The penalty points get reset every 3 years ~ unless one's lisence gets suspended.

Yup.

Lisence gets suspended once one reaches 18 penalty points, but the registration contains car info. Insurance would go up in case of a car crash, though.

They capture zee plates, and go from there, newer radars snap a full front and back end of the car, so you're able to admire yourself when getting billed for it via mail.
    test
  12. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

like i said, print out the info of your trip and force the kid to pay or make him sit in jail and force the kid to pay.
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

It's the only thing that remains for her to do, tbh..
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well, this is not possible in Canada

all youd get were the fines....
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

glad we dont have those in canada yet
    test
  16. GaLaTeA

The penalty point system was introduced here in '00, then been re-done in '05. And no matter how high they make matching fines, they still haven't been able to stop people from breaking road regulations and rules.

Consider yourselves lucky.
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

ok ok im an ass....

If it happened, id be fucking pissed. Id do what i could to prove it wasnt me. Possibly commit murder, and end in in jail for life lol

what could you do? take them to court, hopefully there was witnesses to your cause
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

we have a penalty point system, but here photo radar and traffic cams dont affect it
    test
  19. GaLaTeA

:funny:

I hear ya...I'd probably be dragging the kid to a police station, tbh.

Ah, I see..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.