Hustle & Flow

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by cyphamasta, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

I'm not a real fan of Taraji Henson's. Her film performances have been unimpressive to date, but her role on "The Division" proves she has depth. Unfortunately, I've yet to see that translate on the big screen.

Anderson definitely showed me something I hadn't seen previously.
    I'd like to see him pursue more dramatic roles in the future.
    Black comedians tend to shy away from those types of roles.
    test
  2. Ixtlan

I don't think the role had enough depth to it.
    Howard's character was hardly self-deprecating, but I agree that the portrayal of "DJay" didn't exactly glorify a pimp's lifestyle.

The problem I think was with the ³³³³³³³³³³ of the characters.
    Had they been a bit more complex the film would've as a result.
    test
  3. Ixtlan

I never thought she was much of a looker, but this is the best I've seen her.
    She was quite sexy in this film.
    test
  4. K-Skills

K-Skills Mr.Skills

lol yes funny ass joint. The movie was tight very underrated like crash .
    test
  5. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

the movie was very ill. the way it ended was fine to me. very realistic. as i'm sure a lot of you all were expecting to see him make it big at the end. i can definately see a sequel being made. where he makes it big and now him and Skinny Black have beef over the "rumor" that DJay slapped him in a club (a la 50 vs Ja). THAT would make a great sequel.

and the other Memphis native in the movie no one mentioned was the dude from 36 Mafia that lived next door. the guy DJay politely asked to turn the music down and offered some weed as a token of his appreciation.
    test
  6. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

underrated? most people who see it seem to enjoy and the critics were mostly positive in their reviews, same with crash
    test
  7. Madpoet

Madpoet why is this so short....

Its a fucking ill ass song....I bump the shit out of it..
    test
  8. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

That was DJ Paul you talking about. Juicy J was in the movie too. He was the one that ran over there punched DJay in the face when the police was taking him away.
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^^which was a bitch move, something that a homo rapper would do.
    test
  10. flawless peace of work

ill movie
    test
  11. GunzNButta

GunzNButta New Member

LMAO@DJay being heart broke when he saw Skinny Black threw his tape away..nicca was like "mane tell me it' just fell out your pocket mane" nicca shit was all fucked up thrown in the toilet LMAO..ole boy was about to cry..Luda cant act hard for shit though..that nicca character was flaw as fuck..the movie was straight tho I liked it..
    test
  12. Ixtlan

Flawless piece of work?

You can't be serious...
    test
  13. catmanlives

catmanlives New Member

test
  14. FukkedUPKidR

FukkedUPKidR Guest

opinion!

i was reading some reviews the other day.. read this film was supposed to be good. not sure if i really want to see it.. but i probably will, eventually.
    test
  15. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

but DJay whooped him real good...

i got an idea for a sequel. remember how in the end DJay got a nice buzz off that song and the word that he slapped Skinny Black?

well in the sequel, DJay can make it big and him and Skinny Black will have major beef over the slap. it could be like a 50 vs Ja thing. that would make for an ill ass sequel.

what y'all think?
    test
  16. test
  17. CLEEN

CLEEN wavy hair & gold teeth

Yeah i got a lotta family in Memphis and i think Terrence Howard was up and down with the accent. Sometimes he stressed it too hard and sometimes he had it perfect. He had the "mane" part down though, but we pretty much say that everywhere in the south. The part when he went off on the bum that sold him the keyboard though was straight M-town talk though.
    test
  18. SkizzAFrantik

SkizzAFrantik New Member

I thought the main characters performance went WAY over the top a little too often, he came off a little too extreme, like the dude was bipolar or some shit. He freaks the fuck out because his vocals were distorting? Like that's just not some shit you'd freak out about. The ending in the club was TERRIBLE, alot of the writing in this movie was just really sub-par.

It was a cool idea though, it just seemed like it wasn't fully realized to me.
    test
  19. Killa Beezee

Killa Beezee Niners all the way

I just want to cop the sundtrack. "It's hard out there for a pimp" and "whoop that trick" are ill ass songs. They actually play those songs on the title screen of the bootleg I've got.

Howard was almost believable as a pimp. Anthony Anderson and the white guy who made beats were good in their roles. The Pregnant girl was sexy as hell. Paula Jai Parker was shitty. The white girl was bearable. Elise Neal has been sexy since she was on the Hughleys (Good Googa Mooga).

But Ludacris aka Skinny Black was the best part of the movie. Grimiest character of all tim IMO. I was laughin my ass off at how he threw the tape in the toilet.

The strip club scene should've been longer.
    test
  20. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

I loooooove whoop that trick. The end of the movie was fucked though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.