Humble and cocky

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by JaMarcus Cock Sucker, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

if u wanna be humble, cool......

but just bc thats ur personality dont mean errybody else should be like u........if i or anybody else wants to be cocky and live everyday backing up their word, then what does that have to do with you?

the advantages of being humble are great i must admit tho

being humble allows u to never be expected to exceed a certain standard.....

being humble allows u to be able to save face incredibly easy

being humble allows u to slip thru cracks.....

yea, they're pretty nice advantages, if ur just an okay/decent producer with connects or what not.....

prime example is 9th wonder........a below average producer, but due to his humbleness, he has been able to build a small nest in the game with the same snare, same boring samples and same boring chops......

but he'll never break thru.....and besides, the only reason he got that Jay slot was bc primo couldnt make it to the studio, went thru 50 beats with jay, jay didnt like any of them and jay HANDED him a sample to chop....why? bc Jay felt bad for that nigga and helped him out.....bc 9th is humble

thats great....if ur a below-average/average producer

but what about the producers that dont need to resort to that? what about the producers that have a sound that'll hold up on its own

should they be humble too?

what happened to just being respectful....but confident at the same time?

why niggaz gotta tuck their tail between their legs?

this is music entertainment and if u aint pumpin yaself up....then who is? if u dont trully believe in yaself, then who the fuck else is gonna believe?

i dont think niggaz trully kno what humble is......i'm respectful......but i refuse to be humble......being humble is to lower your own importantance, be less proud.....that aint me and thats not how i was brought up

anyways, thats my 2cent on niggaz preachin that humble shit.
    test
  2. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

No Ones Gonna Beleive You If You Dont Beleive In Yourself

Humble Has Its Place

Sadly Some People Take It Everywhere

Weak VS Smart
    test
  3. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

i love it when some one says oh i like so n so's beats cuz hes humble

no, hes most likely an asshole you just dont know him.

and even if he was the nicest guy in the world, u like his beats cuz hes a nice guy?
    test
  4. MrKnitty

MrKnitty B. Dre

no doubt
    test
  5. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

But what if a person was Humble with fire as beats....What would yall say then...?...Why would a person even worry about what the Haters gotta say about his music....There to many people in this world for some one not to feel yo track....

Also so what if a person like my tracks because of what kind of person I am....Thats kinda like buying Jordan's just because Micheal Jordan wears them and plays good in them so you like them.....And their have been some ugly azz Jordans thoughout the years...but poeple still buy them.....

Im Humble to Bullshyt....and get Crunk with Real Shyt.....B.K.

Im versatile....
    test
  6. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

That's the whole point of having humility.

Anyway.. with cockiness and humility, there should be a balance between the two.

When anything is out of balance that shows immaturity or failure to grow.

You too cocky.. not good. You too humble not good. Find a middle ground; and learn when to use each trait in its respectful scenario.
    test
  7. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

Exactly.....
    test
  8. the exposer

the exposer The Music Luvas

How you call 9th a below average producer is CRAZY.... Thats where you should be (humble) he's accomplished way way way more than you to date...

Humility allows for critism to be accepted "your sound urb doesnt fit erryone" in my opinion.. when i listen to your track i hear the quality but i dont see them working for alot of people jus certain ones... but the one's that do take your tracks will sound nice over it.. my feelings are "You have a very nice organic sound that once recognized will land you spots like other producer.."

Humilty allows you 2 expect my opinion and it not affect you personally.. confidence allows you to deliver wat others want cuz you know you got the skills to handle anything..

"cocky people dont last long in this industry and dont do well in the long run"

"I was in a session with one of the most succefull producer for two years in this game and cuz his EGO and Cockyness he ruined a session with one of the biggest r&b artist. cuz he tryed 2 push a record on her that was working once it was being tracked... an guess wat the A&R didnt execpt the record and the artist didnt come bak for more."

Humilty wouldnt be a bad thing for you 2 embrace at times... cuz tho talented you are you havent accomplished anything relevant yet... so wat your talented there tons of talented cats in this game... Being a nice guy and humble only helps there so many assholes in this game, dont join the crowd urb.. i say this only cuz i can see your mouth maybe costing you money at times....

"9th got on that album cuz he grinded... young guru brought him 2 jay.. and so wat jay didnt pick his beat cd, he took the trak he made at the studio and thats wat counts.. HE placed a record on a classic album at a classic time the king was leaving...

Producer are so quick to shit on the next producer jus cuz of a taste factor and cuz of our competitive nature..... but study would you think got them there and apply to your hustle as it fits....

never personal with me, this is jus my friendly discusssion to an old firend...
    test
  9. kojo

kojo New Member

from my experiences, relationships are key to succeeding and being cocky at the wrong time or coming off that way to the wrong person can cost you dearly. last year, my team and I were cocky and our management wasnt having that shyt since they had ESTABLISHED artists that are relevant, worked hard for years, and deserved the attention they got. we now have to grind from the bottom all over again to prove ourselves, i took a long break to just re-evaluate things and im just now starting to knock stuff out...

we met Scram Jones completely by accident in Broadway around that same time. dude was (and still very much is) in a much better situation than we are and he was down to earth, humble, and just cool as hell to talk to. Usher's brother, J-lack is another cool dude, he just got a publishing deal too, HARD as fuck to get nowadays. a new r&b artist signed to one of the biggest producers u can think of was a complete *&%$! and that person's album is basically in Shelfville right now cuz the single/video flopped...

Not saying you fit into that Urb, but dont get humbleness confused with weakness or lack of skill. i think it has more to do with the "here today, gone tomorrow" aspect of the industry, if people remember you more as a friend and less "that cocky guy with hot beats", you'll stick around longer. although another producer once mentioned "you dont get to Puffy's position by NOT being an asshole" lol. good luck bruh
    test
  10. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

how about humble, but competent and confident? thas the way to be mayn. you learn more, grow more... jus get more done.

most people I know that are straight cocky all the time are really jus mad insecure... you wouldn't believe it, but take a good look inside a cocky mans eyes n you can see the lil child in him frontin like nobody notices
    test
  11. Yung Rich

Yung Rich The Truth

I agree...even me as an artist seem to come off real cocky, while i wouldnt say cocky its my confidence, you must believe before anyoneelse will....Now people from THIS WEBSITE will tend to let their personal feelings towards a person alter their opinion...While Truth be told...YOU CANT DENY GOOD MUSIC...

http://www.myspace.com/richmuzikdotcom
    test
  12. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

thats the crazy thing tho........i'm not even cocky.....lol

opinionated, yes

but cocky? nah......

theres a time and place for errything....and postin this on a messageboard isnt gonna cost any of us any money, i'm 26 years old....i got good sense....which is why i said why cant we just be respectable, why be humble?

i just look at it for what it is......... 9th is average to me.......and an A&R told me the story i told u about 9th wonder....i'm not the only one who has this opinion about him...

regardless....at the end of the day ppl are gonna have an opinion about u, thats life........it used to bother me, but for several years now i got past that point....for every project i dont land on, i learn from it and switch it up next time.......

and nobody's sound is gonna work for everybody, but this discussion aint really about me....

i believe i got a balance, and this is a sport to me and just like players talk a lil shit on the field....i do the same......but like any adult, they kno the time and place.....
    test
  13. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Being too opinionated is also something you should balance. When being too opinionated hits the threshold, you crossover into being stubborn and closed minded which is, by the way; a negative trait.

opinionated, if balanced can be a wonderful trait. If you approach it with tact.
    test
  14. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

That whole cocky shit is just an illusion anyway.

Niggas might think Kanye is cocky, but that's because they don't know him.

Ask Common if Kanye is cocky. He's the only one that can speak on that, or someone else that knows him.

Niggas formulate their opinions on people based on bullshit.

"Oh man I tried to holla at so and so but he blew me off...that nigga big headed"

Nah, that nigga don't know you.

How many of ya'll are open to random people coming at you? Wanting you to help them out? You don't know these niggas.

You hit em with the Business / Money Talk they wanna say you think you're too big.

If you ain't one of my Niggas fuck you. I can't do nothing for you.

Talk Money. Either you going to come out the pocket, or you're going to come with a way for us BOTH to make Money.

With that said...

I'm Cool as fuck. I'll chop it up with a nigga I don't know all day, but I'm not gonna give my Music to them for free.

That cocky shit is an illusion.
    test
  15. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

Exactly son..........

that shit is nothin but an illusion......

too many ppl on earth that love me for me to be this ultra-arrogant bastard some of these dudes on here who never met me tend to think....
    test
  16. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

sensitivity is a negative trait also

your music is always subject to opinion........and u as a producer need to have an opinion on EVERYTHING.....bc if u aint, then ur a yes'man.....so nah, i much rather be around ppl who always got an opinion, as long as it aint straight up hate
    test
  17. the exposer

the exposer The Music Luvas

The opionated shit is actually worse tho fam fa real some of these artist dont take 2 well to critism unless they recording to your track or your in there circle... and even then ive seen some that have bad attitude with that aswell....

I know one of the reason of a famous artist getting blackballed all becuase he didnt like the "the leader's album" and he was at the listening session and said "he didnt like the whole albumr" (the leader neva 4gave him) and there was tension always on that guys side and he never had his album put out..

i kno you not an asshole or overtly cocky but keeping it 100 with someone you dont kno when it come to music feedback can cost ya....

and i mean nothing singling out your music cuz i gotten the same feeedback from my shit a year ago.. i had an a&r tell me "our shit was to musical and organinc" In my head im like (to musical) but i fell back and took it for wat its worth and made changes...

humilty is one key for growth...

This is tru for your circle... im like you i will tell an indy artist at my beach errythang i dont like. i dont sugar coat it... but there a time and place, you not gonna tell hova his last album wasnt all that and you wanted more from it, to him personally thats jus not smart if you jus met homey.. "some artist take there music real real personel"

common sense is a pre requisite for these situations
    test
  18. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

If you missed the post before the one you quote. I clearly said if it's balanced it can be a good trait.

And sensitivity is not a bad trait. It's only bad when you let it control your daily life and stop you from doing things. Of course the sensitivity bit was a sideways comment to me... I'll let that slide though.

Like I said, it all comes back down to tact. Niggas just need to learn to balance their traits out.

You can be cocky
    You can be sensitive
    You can be confident
    You can be all these shits.

You just need to know when its needed and how much to apply.

Real Talkologication
    test
  19. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Although I agree, I can be sensitive some times.
    test
  20. I-ki

I-ki New Member

People think being humble is being a pussy @ss muthafuka, when its not... cockines doesnt mean your confident, cockiness is being an arrogant d1ck. If you think cockiness is a good thing then you must be fukin dumb. Its a mirror of your big @ss ego.... ego and confidence is not the same thing....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.