Human Sounding Vocal Generator

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Based-On, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Based-On

Based-On New Member

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a decent vocal generator, at all?

Especially ones that will produce decent singing samples...

Any help would be appreciated. :))
    test
  2. Dj Streetsz

Dj Streetsz New Member

are you asking for a program that'll generate soulfull samples for you?
    test
  3. SKWIRL

SKWIRL New Member

lol... i think he wants that effect that kanye west always uses
    test
  4. Bad News™

Bad News™ Bred.

test
  5. Based-On

Based-On New Member

What the one where it sounds like his mouth was wired shut? lmao. Kanye West...pfttttt.

I was looking for something where you literally type in the lyrics, and boooom - out pops a decent hook chorus thing. Trouble is you see - I don't know any lady friends...except on the net ;) haha.

Any constructive help would be appreciated.
    test
  6. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

why dont we just make a "rapper generator" too... were we type in the lyrics, and get to select between certain voices... it should come with a breath control knob too.. to make it more realistic. That would be dope... we could even combine it with the "producer adlib" generator. All vst and Dx compatible. Shit would be sick... it would have to be 24/192khz ready tho.

ok enuff sarcasm...
    what your asking for doesnt exist... and the vocal effect they were talking about kanye uses is a "vocoder"... which is something you dont need.

You just need to hire a singer my friend. If its not that serious of a project... your assed out since you dont have any female friends.
    test
  7. Syntax_Mastery

but if you are looking for choir samples at any time... that sound insanely realistic...

Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices will get the job beyond done.
    test
  8. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

It's probably possible. I know back in the day I used to play on an Apple computer. It had a program called Simple Text. It could read whatever you typed. It had quite a few voices.

...WinXP's narrator can change his expression if you end a sentence with a "?" as opposed to a "!" or period. So there is obviously a way to control Expression and emotion.

Breath control would be handled by typing the lyrics on an actual music staff. The computer would count the syllable of the word in question and spit them on beat. You could have a "Swing" function so it would spit kinda off beat sometimes...

Once you dump it to wav - you can make any fine tuning....

LOL....monotonous rap would be the shit...
    test
  9. Based-On

Based-On New Member

Well either, way I'm unfussed...my mans assures me there is some software, fuck hiring a singer...fuck a hook actually.

lmao @ actually giving me advice about how to copy Kanye. Chipmunks are still in?
    test
  10. XtremeLAS

XtremeLAS Where's My Fetti Bitch!!!

The only problem with what your tryin to do is the computer generated voices are hard to keep on beat with the track. Over all it's a tough process for a job thats simple to do with a female singer.
    test
  11. Based-On

Based-On New Member

Yeh no doubt boss...I got a few singers that are gonna give it a go - not sure how good they'll be though. Appreciate the decent responses...not sure many get sarcasm on here?

Safe.
    test
  12. Syntax_Mastery

my comment went too far over your head.

sorry, but if you think the only thing he does is speed up samples....your sadly mistaken.

a vocoder doesnt create "chipmunk" noises... that comes from speeding up the sample. A vocoder takes a input signal and allows you to map it to a synth, so when you speak into it... you sound like a talking synth...then when you sing into it, you sound like a singing synth. He used it in the song "Jesus Walks"... among other songs...

bottom line...

you need to hire a female singer.
    test
  13. Based-On

Based-On New Member

Nah...didn't go over my head...figured someone who uses Fruity Loops like Kanye must be doing something complimicated. Either way, your probably right on so many levels. Apprecited.
    test
  14. Dj Streetsz

Dj Streetsz New Member

[funny][funny][funny]
    test
  15. Based-On

Based-On New Member

I knew my man's was no liar.

http://www.vocaloid.com/en/index.html

either way - if people want the answer, its up there - the samples look ok...I'm just trying to get a hold of it now. I'll drop back in with an example or some shit.

Appreciated anyways chaps.
    test
  16. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

lol....

That was crazy. Please link us if you make anything w/ that prog.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.