Hulk Hogan is starting his own promotion REAL SOON: Year 6.

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by abztrakt, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Hulk Hogan recently told the Sun UK that he and Eric Bischoff are starting a new wrestling promotion that will compete with WWE.

"Last night me and Eric were getting ready to sign a deal with one of the TV networks here in America. We had a little bit of a problem with the licensing and merchandising, which has delayed it. But I totally expect we're going to sign the TV portion of this very soon, because there's no point in starting any sort of wrestling organisation without the TV locked in place. Now we're just arguing among the lawyers on how to protect the brand and the image and make sure it's a fair deal for everybody. Once we've wrapped the TV up we'll make the official announcement. The network want to make a really big deal of it. The basic idea will be the same as WWE, but I pray to god it's nothing like what's on TV now. I'm a fan, but it is pretty boring programming. It's watered down and unexciting, and the viewer doesn't have any option except to have it shoved down his throat. We're going to have a lot of back story for viewers to understand why these people are doing what they're doing. It won't be family members in the back writing storylines on things they know nothing about."

It should be noted that Hogan has mentioned starting his own promotion off and on for years. It is also worth noting that Linda Hogan recently revealed that Hogan had put a large sum of money into a new LLC where only Bischoff had access to it.
    test
  2. abztrakt

I want a radio show that does nothing but interviews with Kurt Angle and Hulk Hogan, with the occasional cameo by Iron Sheik or Warrior "Warrior" Warrior.
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

If Hogan is actually doing it then the time is now with the popularity of American Gladiators. He could get something with MyTv though
    test
  4. this, should be huge if it ever gets going.. the LLC account should be a confirmation this time because you don't start one of those unless your really serious...we need a company that will seriously put TNA out of business, they should focus on that instead of competing with WWE, because we all know what happened last time eric tried to compete with vince....I think they should work on purchasing wcw from vince and unlike ECW bring it back in its traditional format, with wcw nitro and wcw thunder, fuck the old wcw washed up wrestlers bring in new ones and some old ones, A real return of WCW would be huge..they shouldn't focus on competition with wwe and vince this time.. unless its for gimmick purposes..
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

A return of WCW would be shit

here is some more on this possible promotion

"Hogan and Bischoff have talked for more than a year about starting a company, contacting many former WWE and WCW stars from the 80s and 90s. Before the divorce, Linda Bollea had told me Hogan and Bischoff would be starting a company, but not to compete with Vince, but to do overseas tours starring Hogan. We haven't heard any rumblings of top talent having been talked with, and there is very little in the way of free agent talent out there. If the two have legitimate network backing, they could be a player, but would need a long-term commitment or it's not even worth starting. "

So basically it's the Hulk Hogan Show featuring some other dudes
    test
  6. Velocimaca

Velocimaca Trash can, baby.

Wasn't the original idea for his promotion to be all cruiserweights?

anywho, the last thing we need is more wrestling promotions. We have WWE for children, TNA for retarded children, and ROH for purists. That covers everyone.
    test
  7. Velocimaca

Velocimaca Trash can, baby.

I think Paul Heyman's trying to join the circuit.
    test
  8. abztrakt

Heyman at least kind of knows what he's talking about AND has chicks making out with each other. Obviously he would be the host of said show. Sort of a wrestling Howard Stern.
    test
  9. abztrakt

Just looking at the lack of talent not under contract to WWE, TNA or ROH right now, they'll really be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out their roster.

Imagine the main events. Hulk Hogan vs. Buff Bagwell. Hulk Hogan vs. Lex Luger. Hulk Hogan vs. Buff Bagwell and Lex Luger.
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

I imagine this would be Hogan's roster

Scott Hall
    Buff Bagwell
    Goldberg
    Teddy Hart
    Test
    Scotty 2 Hotty
    Brian Cristopher
    Bashams
    Luther Reigns
    Jindrak
    Rikishi
    Matt Bentley
    Rick Steiner
    Rosey
    Lash Leroux
    Evan Karagious
    Crowbar
    David Flair
    Sean waltman
    Naturals
    Marty Jannety
    DDP
    test
  11. Macit

Macit bing

indeed.

You talked about WWE being the dominant brand earlier — do you think rival American wrestling group TNA could ever challenge that?

I think TNA has a major hurdle to overcome — and that's the fact that they have no BRAND. There's no one on that roster that is branded TNA.
    You look at Kurt Angle and you think WWE. You look at Booker T and think WCW, five-time, five-time, five-time or King Booker in WWE. You look at The Dudleys and think ECW or WWE or even tables.
    You look at Samoa Joe, who should be the TNA guy, and you think this guy's great, when's he going to WWE.
    Are there hot moments? Sure. Are there personalities to like? Sure. Is there a good work rate? Sure. But there is no TNA style, TNA persona or TNA brand.
    They had an opportunity to do this with the X Division, which is a totally unique concept you don't see anywhere else in wrestling, MMA or sports entertainment.
    That could have been their version of what UFC did with the Octagon but they diminished the effectiveness of their own creation.
    They had a totally different and unique look and presentation, and then tossed it aside like it was just another gimmick.
    For the life of me I can't understand why.
    test
  12. Macit

Macit bing

What a fucked up formatting.
    test
  13. abztrakt

I bet if Hogan actually ever starts a promotion, a couple of those guys like Jindrak or Rosie or maybe even Waltman get signed by WWE before they can sign with Hogan's group.
    test
  14. Macit

Macit bing

Horace Hogan will be the first inducted into his hall of fame.
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

They'd sign Billy Kidman so that Hogan could squash him.
    test
  16. Macit

Macit bing

Or they could just give him the mic and he'd squash himself.
    test
  17. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

They'd also sign Marty Jannetty, and then fire him immediately.
    test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Second would be WRESTLING SUPERSTAR VIRGIL.
    test
  19. Nam Dekan

add David Arquette to that roster also and Johnny Fairplay
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Best Case Scenario: Hogan gives in and finally wrestles Randy Savage, and then in an astonishing swerve, Conan O'Brien and Stephen Colbert set aside their "differences" to team up against two of Hogan's company's top heels. Except the Conan Colbert Connection have a clause in their contract whereby they can opt out of actually wrestling in the match, and instead put together a replacement team of their choosing, and any wrestlers in the promotion they choose MUST wrestle the match. So, does the Conan Colbert Connection decide to tough it out and wrestle the match? Well, they're about to. But right before the match they change their mind and opt out, citing they don't want to let the people down - they refuse to lose - and drop a major bombshell on the wrestling world. This night would mark the Reunion of the Mega Powers.

And that, TNA, is how you book celebrities.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.