HP Purchase check-in thread

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by reznick, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

looks like they cancelled my amazon order.

my boy bought 3 he was gonna ebay so hopefully he can just hook me up with one.
    test
  2. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

I've been waiting on HP.com because I feel like that is my best bet unless I can find out when a Best Buy near me gets some in stock.

I don't know if all these codes will still work by the time the Touchpads go on sale on HP.com but it might be worth a try.

test
  3. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Appreciate the link
    test
  4. reznick

reznick New Member

2 UPDATES:

1. I'm sure many of on the HP emailing list, got this email this morning:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code 605253663 at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

hpdirect.com"

2. Some HP exec is trying to bring tablets and WebOS back to HP.

HP Could Revive The TouchPad, Says Former webOS VP | TechCrunch

What'd I tell you. It was such an emotional decision to cut the HP to $100. They tried to go toe to toe with Apple, got raped, and reduced it to $100?. I bet you it was a very immediate and rash decision by the CEO to make that move. They could have caked off $200 a pop easily. The demand wouldn't be outrageous, but it would most definitely have been there.

If anything this all makes the discount even more valuable, considering the possibility that WebOS comes back
    test
  5. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

I got the email. I don't even care about getting one of these anymore.
    test
  6. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

basically my feeling on the matter. i got the other 2 as gifts for my brother and one of my girls to use for school. i really dont need ANOTHER point of access. like i said, ive got desktops in my office and home, my blackberry, my notebook for when im traveling with work, my xbox, and my fucking alarm clock :funny:
    test
  7. IHATELSP

IHATELSP New Member

Damn HP must of canceled my email notification, because I didn't get no email yet.
    test
  8. reznick

reznick New Member

test
  9. No_regretz

No_regretz meh

didnt HP have a 64gb model planned for sale in september? waiting on this of they dont plan on updating shit.

and REZ.. u get my pm?
    test
  10. IHATELSP

IHATELSP New Member

Scratch that

I just got my email from HP too.
    test
  11. NO SIR E

NO SIR E Balrog's Barber

When this final shipment happens, there needs to be a stick and a RED highlight over this shit.
    test
  12. Eyerate

told you guys not to fret.. at one point post sale they had 250k of these things floating around. i assume BBY got a grip of them with that whole "stand in line for a coupon" black friday-esque deal. how many are left on deck? who knows. but they said theyre doing a run to MEET DEMAND. those are 2 very key words. they didnt say "were making more" or simply "another limited run". they said "TO MEET DEMAND". thats a pretty key phrase and the legal and marketing department are smart enough to know thats a commitment. are they going to go for 99$? maybe, maybe not.. but would you still buy one at 200? i would. i'd be in for 3, same as before.
    test
  13. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

HP is seeing the value of all these Touchpads out in the wild with WebOS it seems. I would think this had to have been an unexpected consequence due to them underestimating the demand even at such a low price or a crazy experiment to see what how much people really wanted these things when they cross the threshold of "impulse buy" for mainstream consumers.

Most people don't need these things, myself included, especially since we have other ways to connect to the internet; computers, laptops, smartphones, e-readers, etc. but at the same time it's convenient enough where there would be situations where having one would be ideal. Being on a bus or train(especially if you're standing), in a car, at lunch, in the bathroom, laying down on your bed, it's not quite as capable as a laptop but it does somewhat fill that gap where you have to still choose between portability and power. Plus the big screen does make it nicer than doing everything on your phone for instance, which can sometimes be a pain in the ass.

I still wouldn't pay a grip for one but with all this it has made me consider one more than I would have, as long as the price is right. And if I can still scoop one up for $99/$150 I'll still be looking.
    test
  14. Eyerate

nothing beats the alarm clock for bedroom viewing. you ever watch youtube while you fuck? i have. its pretty underrated.
    test
  15. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Probably because most people don't care enough about being able to watch YouTube while they fuck to pay extra for an alarm clock that can do that.
    test
  16. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

I've watched YouTube without fucking... T_T
    test
  17. Eyerate

im telling you, they should.

[youtube]y-hPFMs8OBY[/youtube]

fuck with the kid...
    test
Thread Status: