How'd Peyton Manning look with average receivers and an average O-line??

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Shy, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

....just curious.

Was it David Carr-like?...Maybe...Rex Grossman'esque?....

not that I ever said he'd do as bad as those guys if he had similar offenses or anything....

because I didn't say that.

Thank god for him Norv Turner went in to Cover-None Prevent Defense....made his yardage at least look good.

but the point was made. Manning without an entire cast of Round 1 draft picks is NOTHING.
    test
  2. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

welcome back. I noticed it was awfully quiet round here for having Peyton Manning throw 6 INT's and all.
    test
  3. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I figured people would wonder if I were still alive since I didn't bask in this one immediately following the game.

Can't wait til the cap finally catches up with these guys. 'Gonna be a field-day.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

bah...he still almost brought them back to victory.....Romo did
    test
  5. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

He only almost brought them back to victory because Norv Turner went in to prevent D for an entire half lol. Dude's an idiot.
    test
  6. the Prince

the Prince New Member

manning is a bust
    test
  7. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

when did reggie wayne become avg??

i know a lot of teams that could use him
    test
  8. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I believe it was called "Draft Day".

and

Yeah Rippy, Peyton Manning is finished [pus]
    test
  9. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

during this game Rippy had 6 orgasms..his penis was rubbed raw by the end
    test
  10. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

and somehow manning leads brady in the probowl voting

what an idiot
    test
  11. Cane

Cane New Member

he also lost his damage deposit thanks to that glory hole they cut in the bathroom wall for every time peyton throws a pick

seriously though, this is the precise problem with football fans. carr? grossman? like are you fuckin blind? even with a shit oline manning would be better than those two. the problem with know it all fans is that they just don't really know much, nevermind all. form an attributes standpoint, they can't tell you why most players are good. they need espn and nfl.com to tell them why. because this is a game where unless you have sunday ticket, you really don't know shit about anyone but nationally or locally televised teams. it's this that leads us to ultimately make comments like "omg would manning look like david carr without his line?". like jesus, manning could have a worse oline than carr and still be better, because he's peyton fuckin manning.

there are some who grasp that a system more often than not makes a player, but they just have no idea which players this can be attributed to. peyton manning is pure talent, and rippy has hated him for years so it's not like we should take anything he says about him seriously. he like most doesn't know why a qb is good and bad. when he watches a game, he sees the qb drop back, sees the ball, and hears the whistle. ge has no clue about the nuances of the game. he doesn't watch the line. he doesn't notice the subtle movements by an offensive linemen, the looking off of a qb, etc. etc. etc. they don't know what makes a player talented and what makes them the product of a system.

which produces fucktarded comments like...

test
  12. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

^^ exactly lol fucking retarded!!

lol ya rippy ur on point..i been saying this

brady rules manning
    test
  13. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

People argued with me for years. It was only one game, sure. But this isn't new. Even with all 1st Round talent around him, if his protection ever broke down in the past (very seldom) he'd either throw a pick or just a horrible pass.

and Reggie Wayne is a #1 caliber receiver, but by average I mean....average cast. Like, most teams have a reggie wayne, then the talent drops. Manning played with what most other QB's have to work with, and he looked worse than most other QB's.
    test
  14. Cane

Cane New Member

^his protection's been shit since his LT went down with an injury. but he's been fine. he is an expert at utilizing every weapon he has and their strengths in order to advance, probably better than anyone. he gets the ball off so quickly he survives bad protection.

fact facts, you don't know how to judge something like this
    test
  15. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

His protection has been shit?

are you kidding?.... they havent missed a beat yet. Up until the chargers game. And this current oline will mesh just like the old one. Their o-line coach knows what he's doing.

he's been sacked 10 times so far.
    test
  16. Cane

Cane New Member

..beeeecause he gets the ball off quicker than anyone in the league. his pockets been collapsing faster than ever. being sacked in small amounts doesn't automatically mean your system is saving you.

i know you thought you finally had a substantial reason to bash the guy you've publically hated for about 10 years now, but face facts-you're just off point here.
    test
  17. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

lol

ironic
    test
  18. Cane

Cane New Member

coming from you, it is actually ironic, as you've been called a fuckin idiot by neutral parties and i've shown i can dissect the game in my sleep better than you can on your best day. i know you hate me and probably think about me at night but be real.
    test
  19. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

He'd look like Drew Brees or Carson Palmer.
    test
  20. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

lmao

yeah right
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.