How y'all enjoying Black History Month?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by RedMaster, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedMaster

RedMaster Epic Butt sucka

Long live black music
    test
  2. Seekwence

Seekwence Hood Legend

lol im enjoying my black history month....and i mwhite as fuck.
    test
  3. RedMaster

RedMaster Epic Butt sucka

test
  4. rennaslam

rennaslam Reality Check

It's definitely possible to enjoy that shit even if you are white. If you're a real person and have respect for all races and their contributions then it will always be seen as a positive thing to be celebrated once a year. Lot of good black history being talked about this month. Black men and women totally deserve for their race to be appreciated by society.
    test
  5. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Black history sucks.. period its boring shit ive heard it once.. ive heard it twice.. I don't know why we have to keep retreading it every goddam feburary ..

and yeah im black
    test
  6. Hippie Lettuce

Hippie Lettuce New Member

test
  7. DrMoses

DrMoses New Member

Long live music... Black or white...
    test
  8. Calliz aka Mark Spitz

Calliz aka Mark Spitz New Member

doesn't qualify your opinion. just means you're ungrateful.
    test
  9. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

damn right im ungrateful , I don't think us blacks should only get "1 month" a year to study our history to it's fullness schools shouldnt have to pull out the books once a year and turn to these chapters and print up these papers on our people once a year what are we? second class? our history is only of importance 1 time a year?
    and the rest the other 11 months its about european history? fuck off shits wack

Shit's like Affirmative action it makes niggaz look stupid it kind of actually says
    these people are inferior they are in need of special treatment.

Fuck black history "MONTH" it shouldnt be only a 1 month thing we should be learning about all history of all cultures all year. we are not second class people
    or some type of pity case that deserves a look once a year

And your DAMN FUCKEN right im UNGRATEFUL to the fucks who decided to place my people into a cage to look like idiots.

And that aint even primarily white people even blacks do this shit

NAACP

nuff fucken said.
    test
  10. Calliz aka Mark Spitz

Calliz aka Mark Spitz New Member

Well you gotta toss some figures out to back that because...

Black ownership's going up as a result of some of the groundwork laid by awareness and equal-op etc.

So many people just didn't know what blacks were capable until we were given the chance to show them. That's just the case simple & plain.

And we DO learn about all cultures all year. When in recent history classes did that change? lmao You got tons of misguided anger.

You should be moreso mad at the cooon ass niggaz on the WB and all that shit. I'm not often in agreement with Nas' social commentary but that was a huge point.
    test
  11. EdGe BlAdE

EdGe BlAdE Revolutionary

no the man actually has a point.

Black history month is nothing more than propaganda used to pull the wool over peoples eyes. It says exactly that black history is inferior... so inferior that it has one small month set aside like its some table scrap in the whole meal of history. Black history by now, todays standards should be taught regularly in school systems, because it is not JUST black history, in many cases its America's history. If you feel one month is enough to celebrate black history you are a fool. You are somebody who's been brainwashed by the system to feel that one small hand out is sufficient.

Matter of fact, ever notice that the majority of the lessons learned in black history month tell us that we were nothing more than slaves. Fuck that shit, why dont they celebrate black achievements, such as a black man performing the first open heart surgeory? Why dont they talk about the great black leaders, humanitarians such as Malcolm X? All they say is that he was a crass revolutionary. They never focus on his humanitarian messages which was the main focus of his latest years.

Jews were slaves once, they were also almost exterminated... DO THEY HAVE A MONTH? , no because their people wouldnt dare settle for one small month. They lived through their horrors and rose above it. Why can't we as black people seem to focus on this. All our civil leaders do is complain about being victims, thus the people themselves feel as victims. Fuck that, I am no one's bitch, I aint no victim. How is it that even here in Canada the majority of my friends (Black by the way) are out of school, have been to jail, or involved in other criminal acts. When the majority of other races NOT JUST WHITE, --im talkin Brown (indian), Asian, and others-- find their way into university and college at much higher numbers. Dont ask for the numbers right now cuz i dont have them, but i just finished hearing about all this at the Malcolm X black rights summit not more than a week ago.

some food for thought, when will be ok to no longer be a victim, no longer need special treatment to succeed. Malcolm and MLK wouldnt sit and accept table scraps, like any sane human being they would ask for more.
    test
  12. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

I never pay any attention to it to be honest.

I respect them 12 months of the year.

Not only for one special one.
    test
  13. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

hispanic heritage month= to be recognized.

this is everyones music to.

Damn at the info being dropped here.
    test
  14. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

This dude is on point.
    test
  15. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

On point as well.
    test
Thread Status: