how will you raise your children? teach them faith or no? ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... it's a question that's haunted me forever.

i always wanted to know what a child would do if he/she wasn't told anything.

i want my children to venture out for themselves and find their own niche in the world.

but then would i cop the punishment for my seeds not following islam?

and then there's the possibility of them finding islam or god on their own accord.

that would be the most pleasing outcome for me as a father, but who knows.

i don't fucking know, i might just answer any questions he/she has.

:numaan:
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

I will definitely raise my child with the lord present. never failing them in that department and pray over them as well that they will be servant's of the lord..

The first thing we must do is teach them the truth about God's Word.

Deuteronomy 6:7–9

7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
    test
  3. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

how were you raised?

personally i was bought up in a pretty strict religious household.

my father's strictness was exponential with our age, now it's non-existent.

i'd like to teach them the qur'an, arabic, but i'd love to see them learn on their own.

test
  4. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

I was raised going to sunday school ever since i can remember.. in middle school I managed to bring 1oo's of people to friday night impact church from school and what not, b/c it was a friday night kids go to the church and play bball skate, hang out and go to a cool worship service and short sermon towards the end it lasted from 5-10pm.. So i was pretty involved with church. but highschool came bone thugs possessed me and oooo-fucking weeeee.. but ya, my parents were relentless with praying for me and had the congregation praying as well i truelly believe it's b/c of the prayer's the lord didn't let me fall astray from his family.
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

now you're just making bone thugz to look like the devils.

no wonder why you're so devout, that's a pretty strict upbringing.

test
  6. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Proverbs 22:6
    Train up a child in the way he should go, And even when he is old he will not depart from it.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Deff dont want the world to teach them
    test
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

I'll let my kids decide.
    test
  9. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

"Scared to drop a seed hoping I ain't curse my babies"

- Tupac
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah i will.

But I wont force them or tell them to believe in any certain religion. They can make their choice...

but seeing as im not really into organized religion, im pretty positive my kids will learn that as i learned that from my dad, he was raised going to church regularily and grew up to really oppose organized religion.
    test
  11. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Bible stories (when watered down) teach morality in ways other fairytales and fables fall short.

When I say watered down, I’m referring to the violence. When I tell the story of David and Goliath, I obviously leave out the part where David takes the sword from the giant’s sheathe and cuts off his head with it.

My kids pray for meals as well. There’s nothing wrong with it in my eyes. They can decide for themselves when they get older just as I did. Hell, they believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy… Why not thank some higher power for the food on our table?
    test
  12. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

My parents didn't need religion to raise us right. Don't see why I'd do anything different. They wont get it in school.
    test
  13. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

my family rarely went to church, occasionally my mom went with my gramma or we'd go to the christmas/easter plays, but it wasn't even often enough for me to equate it with "our" church
    i was in 5th grade, never went to church or had much of an influence, after learning about the crusades at school (5th grade watered down style), i came home and asked my mom what religion we are, she responded with "well, WE aren't a religion, but your dad and I were both raised Baptist, and we can start going again if you want, why?"
    and i responded with some thing along the lines of "I just want to learn more about god" so explained how there's different religions, but they all have god in them, and she started telling me about the bible stories, and after none of them really had anything to do much with god, I was like "no, i want to learn about god, not people" and I made her start thinking again, so we then checked out church, at my request, sometimes i'd go when she didn't, and my dad never did.
    I went regularly to youth group and sunday sermon for a year or so, and, after learning everything they had to teach me (learning, not being indoctrinated with) I saw the ridiculous inconsistencies as a 12 year old who wasn't brain washed by the stories while too young to understand them in the first place.
    and then I started studying other religions, not joining them and worshipping them, just seeing what they're about...
    and now, I just believe in god, and lead a good life...how it should be

moral of the story is, religion and sex should be taught the same way
    you don't teach three year olds about shit they don't understand,
    sure, you can tell them the extremely vague jist of it in order to make sense of the omnipresent holiday themes, but more than that is like showing dick pictures to a 2 year old
    unless they start asking about it on their own, and if they don't, then you should bring it up once you feel they are able to understand
    otherwise you are going to make them into one of two things
    1. a dogmatic idiot who refuses to listen to anything else but the word
    2. a person with deep seeded hatred for the church and all religions

if I ever have kids, i will let them come into in their own right
    remember, you don't have to teach the religion in order to teach the values of it
    test
  14. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Mine was similar, except for the bringing 100’s of kids to church part.

Bone Thugs were evil and the Chronic CD was degrading to bitches the world over.

Now she tells me I’m evil for my music. It’s never ending.
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I'll tell them i think there is a god. But god is not like a person and doesnt need you to follow a religion..

just be a good person
    test
  16. Alias3000

I will teach them faith. because by the time they get here that's all they will have because this world will be so fucked up by then. just look at it now.
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i feel like if i tell my kids atheism is the way to go they will be too young to understand what i truly mean
    test
  18. Alias3000

you don't even understand it so I agree. don't tell your kids that.
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i dont understand atheism?

why have we not started a dumbest comment of the week sticky yet????
    test
  20. Alias3000

I asked you to explain in a thread I started but you couldn't. so I go with your first impression.

did you since learn about it? start a thread and tell me. I wanna know in your words.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.