How to remove vocals from beat...

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Emtee, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emtee

Emtee License to Ill

Yo i got this song, an' i need to remove the vocals from the beat.. i need to keep just the vocals by it self.. does anyone know how to do this?? thanks..
    test
  2. Tha Real Explicit

Tha Real Explicit type ill

I don't think it's really possible once it's mixed?

I've heard of a few programs, tried one myself but it just lowered the vocals, never actually removed them.

But keepin this up incase someone knows of a program that actually works and isn't some warez type shit.
    test
  3. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

no....you would have to delete certain fequencies to remove a beat or vocals and have just one or the other left...it is very tedious and could take hours or days, and in the end, the vocals will not be fully gone
    test
  4. Emtee

Emtee License to Ill

word... i tried this one program called "Vocal Remover 2.0" an' it didn't work for shit.. hope someone knows of another one...
    test
  5. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

The Vocal remover shit is a myth. it does not exist. if it did it would cost millions.
    test
  6. Tha Real Explicit

^Good point.. there are plenty of instrumentals that you can't find, if that was a possible program every instrumental would be easy to get.
    test
  7. xkfenex

xkfenex rape my beats please.

use subtractive eq to remove as many frequencies as possible.... if there's a lot of instruments or if the instruments are loud... then yes... expect the vocals to be watered down a bit...
    test
  8. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

yeah analog x vocal remover...doesnt work tho.
    test
  9. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

There are ways, some of whcih aren't sure fire, and some that can work, but you have to have a hi quality file (not an mp3). Also, it won't work as well with real instruments, but samples are perfect.

If there are instrument solos, start with them. Say the song starts with a kick only, copy that. inverse the phase on it, and line up that kick with every other kick in the song. They have to match perfectly, so it might be wise to find out the BPM of the song, and use a sequencer to do it.

All the kicks should now be out of the song. Keep doing this with any instruments you can hear by themselves.

Like I said, it might not work, but it's worth a try if you really need it.
    test
  10. MisterRock

MisterRock Fah Cure Momz

are u tryin to jack a producer with vocal tages?

cuz otherwise ... u can find and instrumental on the net
    test
  11. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

muthaFUKKK a jakker. dont help dem bitchaz.
    test
  12. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

but not every song is gonna have a net instrumental, just singles, if u want a jay-z instrumental that aint a released song ur screwed but fuckkkkk jakers, but the fuckin beat man dangggg give the producer money if u gone be makin money, and to compass, he wanted vocals removed, not the beat
    test
  13. CompassSaviour

When you remove the beat, you have the vocals left, and I think that's what he wanted, if not, take your newly made accapella (that you probably wont get, but anyways) and phase invert that against the original song. Voila, you got the beat.

the information given is for people to think about new ways to do shit, not theft. It's from a producer's point of view, on how to fuck with audio.

If I really needed a vocal seperated from a beat, this would be the second thing I would do. The first would to be contacting the person who made the beat, but if that can't happen, then you get other methods.

But for real, if it's for school or something, go ahead, but if it's for a demo, get permission at least. If you're trying to put together a CD, don't bother with this, your CD won't go anywhere if you can't contact people for permission and rely on jacking.
    test
  14. Emtee

Emtee License to Ill

alright first off, the song is mine!! i'm not jackin' anything!! second, i need the vocals, not the beat.. anyways thanks for the help..
    test
  15. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

if its ya own track...why you dont already have an acapella?
    test
  16. CompassSaviour

lol.I lsot the accapella to one of my songs that I did a long time ago. Not that I wanted it or anything, but still, it can happen.
    test
  17. Tha Real Explicit

That's why you should save your multi-track session.. I almost always do.
    test
  18. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

^^^word. i save all my shit in a folder for each song including the acid file, so i can always go back and fuck wit it.
    test
  19. CompassSaviour

i didn't have a cd burner or anything back in the day, and I only had a 800 meg drive, I couldn't keep all those wavs on my drive.
    test
  20. Definit

Definit Based.

^sucks for you then
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.