how to process a rap vocal ??

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Jay Impol, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaweenbeatz

kaweenbeatz the baddest bitch

i question a majority of the people on here on there concept of being close to "pro" standards. I feel they cannot sonically hear the difference between there work and shit out in the field which is probably why "hating" comes so naturally!

The only way to get "pro" results is to "know what you are doing"! And the other half of peeps in hear that actually "sound" like they know what there talking about, taling about (oh yeah, just pull some of that bottom end frequency out and it would hit harder) type shit.

Well there shit be sounding rookie also. The only tracks i've peeped in here that sounded "pro" so far was...

i'll have to get back to you on that one.
    test
  2. The Militant

The Militant New Member

use a sound blaster microphone

record at 22000hz 8bit

trust me its gangsta youll sound like your rapping on the telephone, like half these rappers on this site....

your hook can be

yo to jack this fool press 1/
    press star if you havent got a gun (whuuut)
    test
  3. Jay Impol

Jay Impol New Member

yeah, that's the kinda shit I'd rock on your beats :()
    test
  4. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

i tihnk sickvizions was sayin he records 2 different doubles, then pans them both 50%, instead of recording 1, then making a duplicate, then panning (which wouldnt make a difference)

but along with what everyone said, use some good reverbs and sometimes echos can help too...but do it real subtle...thats the key
    test
  5. J.Mack

J.Mack Highly Under-rated

okay........I'm pretty sure dude doesn't expect to get a Nelly sound from a simple setup but u pretty much understand what he is talkin bout and there is a way to achieve the sound he is lookin for so why would u come in the thread with all your "u people are idiots" comments instead of helpin out??????

U don't make sense.......babbling about the pros and whatnot......who gives a fuck??? I'm very sure that he just wants to have a sound good enuff or better for an album that could have airplay and other public promotion.....

Aint like dude is tryna put out a better quality album than jigga...
    test
  6. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

^that "girl" kaween reminds me of naledge 4 some reason...
    test
  7. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Its not like a copy of the track, its two whole new takes of doubled up parts. So theres enough of a difference between the shit in both ears to get a stereo effect rather than that big mono effect.

Someone said something about compression presets. I'll say that compression presets are kinda pointless, cuz all the numbers are relative to the audio input. Like with a flanger, you change the volume of what you want proccessed and it doesn't really fuck with how the effect works. A compressor doesn't work like that. Most of us have read about how compressors work, but the shit that made it make sense to me was one line i read in a response in the letter section of Computer Music: "despite popular belief, the goal of a compressor is actually to make audio softer, not louder." That made everything make sense to me. Everyone always says use compression to make your shit loud. Thats true, but its deceptive because like every knob but one (gain) is related to making audio lower in volume.
    test
  8. J.Mack

J.Mack Highly Under-rated

^^^that shit is sick if u know how to spit it right....I spit many of mine like that.
    test
  9. kaweenbeatz

kaweenbeatz the baddest bitch

he simply asked how to achieve professional sound. and i simply anwsered thats all.
    i mean i aint gonna lie to the guy.
    test
  10. The Militant

The Militant New Member

yeh thats some true shit... i used to make ALL my beats mastered and everything for some random soundclick wannabe rappers that dont even know how to tell the difference is a beat is clipping or not

shit used to take me most of my time. i took more time mastering than i would to make that fucking beat in the first place.

so now i just think fuck it... ill just mix it properly and then you aint really got to waste time mastering some upload for your soundclick...

and i already hear other peoples beats they put so much effort into some shit that sounds like they got EVERY setting you can have wrong.... like they go on about adjusting the bassss.... eq....... compressing shit and channel sends....... and their 'pro' mix sounds like bollocks...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.