how to launch?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by .ELEVATION., Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

As far as I've always seen, yes - the reason you have an automatic is so the car does that automatically... my friend used to shift through his gears in his Accord, then he tore the damn transmission up...
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Some ppl gate shift when drag racing a auto. Doesn't fuck up your tranny unless you do it often. Only ones made for that are tiptronic shifting cars.
    test
  3. enigma v2.0

enigma v2.0 i'm nice

lol my boy used to do that, and whenever he did, his gears would get fucked up... like for instance he'd have to put the car in park, to go in drive LOL... it was hilarious... it would fix itself after a while
    test
  4. trifle

trifle New Member

^^ LMAoo you'da think kid woulda learned after awhile
    test
  5. MC VeXeD

MC VeXeD New Member

wow kid never replied.........

once i drove my friends turbo talon first gen awd.........automatic though

didnt know nuetral pops fucked up the tranny, i dont fuck with autos much...........
    i revved it to 6000 , threw it into drive and the car didnt move......tranny casing exploded..lmao

anyways i launch my civic by holding the clutch down.....revving to about 6000 letting go of the clutch and being out lol
    test
  6. darithS

darithS New Member

Pull e-brake up, put into 1st gear, rev to about 3k, drop clutch drop e-brake and your gone...
    test
  7. trifle

trifle New Member

LMAoo fuckin asshole hahaha
    test
  8. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

LMAO @ launching a civic at 6grand.... bye bye tranny, hello replacement....
    test
  9. MC VeXeD

MC VeXeD New Member

which is why u change the axles, upgrade suspension, get a heavy duty clutch.......etc.

i do it constantly... i did have to change the clutch and flywheel a few times.......

never had to replace the tranny though...and it hasn't slipped yet
    test
  10. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

i got a 2003 mustang with a few mods.. only raced it a few times.. still learnin the launch lol.. its a 5 speed
    test
  11. trifle

trifle New Member

LMAoo you ever wonder why you gotta replace that shit a few times??? or "constantly" ... and just as a little hint.... don't act like you know more than tigre, it won't be pretty...

toodles!
    test
  12. Traidmarx

Traidmarx The Knockout Pro

launching is different for every car so why would you come on her asking about a certain car different cars have different engines which sets for different RPM levels and as for the thing i seen someone say about using the e brake when your taking off definatly not a good idea first of all if your holding your clutch down why use the e brake its not like your gonna be rolling if the clutch is down cause i dont know of many ppl that go racing on hills and no you dont just rev your car high and drop the clutch cause alot of times you'll sit still and spend time spinning off the line it all depends on the car that your taking off in and your asking for an answer that your not gonna get
    test
  13. trifle

trifle New Member

^^ LMAoo some kids here race on hills....ones that go down...with their fuckin bullshit ET's ..
    test
  14. MC VeXeD

MC VeXeD New Member

*cock ryder alert*

i might not know more than tigre, but i gaurantee there isnt one thing he knows that i dont, therefore jump off my dick
    test
  15. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

yeah i need to learn too... i slide around...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.