How to Flow

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by NightShift7, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightShift7

NightShift7 New Member

i gotta a question on flow...i jus started on audios a few months ago and need desperate help...how do u flow good?...wat are the steps and how do u do it? lol.eneytips would be great.
    test
  2. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

test
  3. Young Wiz

Young Wiz Jerzy's Own

i've noticed that all the fresh rappers say "yo" before they start flowing...that's a start
    test
  4. J. Rawkus

J. Rawkus New Member

Not actually true. Every rapper says "Yo"

If you want to start flowing...try freestyling...

How To Stay On Topic:
    -Look in the news paper, find an article and rap about that article and that article alone. This should help you stay on topic when you are spitting. Do that for awhile.

How To Flow:
    -Listen to a lot of rappers. Check them out and do exactly what they are doing. Matter of fact. Find a beat of a song that you like...listen to the original song that the artist made and use his same rhyme scheme over the same beat. Do that you should get better at that.

^^^Doing that will actually help you out with writing. Or you can go out and buy some books like get a rhyme dictionary...
    test
  5. Young Wiz

Young Wiz Jerzy's Own

son, just say "yo" before u start..whateva u spit'll be a certified BANGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

ummm. how about talking to the beat lol.
    test
  7. suZpect

suZpect New Member

Jea Smalls .. nice advices there. I've done that too when i started.
    test
  8. Broinker

Broinker And you are?

Your words should flow smoothly, and there should be a smooth transition between bars. Just spit it to the beat before u record, if something sounds off, if when you say something it sounds akward than reword it until everything flows.
    test
  9. Neyedus

Neyedus Active Member

lmfao@ this....
    test
  10. New B

New B Greatest Asian rapper?

just practice freestyling, and at this point is where u gotta decide how u wanna spit, few syllables and consistent bars or a lot of syllables and more smooth, there are advantages to both. and be sure to stay on beat.
    test
  11. Q V C

Q V C I Will Murk You

listen, this is what i do.. it helps woth delivery..

first off.. wrapp a plastic bag around ur mic, make sure u cut it off so u can see the actual mic part... next u put about 4 strips of aluminum foil over the mic.. this will cause a natural reverb that will flow nicely as well as a studio type delivery, next, place a pillow behind your mic, this will cover the echo which might slow ur flow down.. this is the most important part... WRITE OUT YOUR RHYMES IN SYL-LA-BLES.. this will improve your flow so much u wont belive this..

AIM = Neyedus

im me if u have further INFO!
    test
  12. Ziah

Ziah New Member

why do some people laugh?..you swear you started off knowing how to flow
    test
  13. Kaotic33

Kaotic33 Owns You

QVC

wtf i cant even tell if ur joking or not lol
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

ummm its not a difficult concept. i mean got damn. its rappin its talkin to a beat thats hard part lol. after u find out how to do that right u can get creative with it.
    test
  15. Couch Foam

Couch Foam New Member

although i'm not laughing... i DID start off knowing how to flow

flow is having rhythme. if you grew up listening to hip-hop than flow is basically natural for you ( at least for me ) its hard as shit to teach someone how to ' have flow '

why do you think these kids who JUST started listening to hip hop when they were like 14, grab a pen and pad, record something, sound awful..??

flow isn't something you can sit down and explain, and have the person your teaching be like ' oohhhhh!!! ok! now i can do it '

sure you can break it down with bars, beats etc

but flow is rythme. it's hard as shit to explain rythme.

you ever try to explain flow to someone who has NO rhythme? i have.. it's damn near impossible.
    test
  16. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

^^ Ding ding....

...but it's not a "just started listening to hip hop" thing. Most genres of music have some sort of rythem. I'm not sure about shit like speed metal....but just about everything else does. Hell...you need rythem to sing country music...

It's actually funny. A buddy of mine wanted to record 21 questions by fifty cent. he knows the words....knows the song....could probably translate it into spanish on the fly....but his timing and rythem were horrible. First I loaded the instrumental....his timing was pathetic. I loaded the full song - I figured he would do better when singing w/ the real song....nope. Slowed the song down....couldn't do it. I recoreded ques and stuff in the multitrack....nope. The sad part was....even if he figured out how to get on beat - it still would have sounded weird. He put no soul or emotion in the performance....just sounded like he was reading - like he wasn't sure about what he was saying.

When I was little, me, my bro and sis would sit in church and point at all the people who were clapping off beat. It wasn't something they had to teach me...like "see....if that guy doesn't clap with the snare...." it was just obvious (especially since 4000 people would be on beat and 50 would be off beat.

...and just to start a fight in here...
    ....obviously - I went to a big - diverse church. Out of those 50 people clapping off beat - probably 45 had one major thing in common. Anyone want to guess?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  17. Q V C

Q V C I Will Murk You

i am jokin, but i had to sound serious if he was gonna ctually do it.. lol.. think about it.. tin foil over your mic with a plastic bag. haha.
    test
  18. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^lol and all this time I thought the secret to good flow was sticking a curling iron in ur mouth while its plugged in and standing in the bathtub
    test
  19. Matador

Matador New Member

the secret is you need practice, dude just freestyle everyday , freestyle when u taking a shit, when u taking a shower, when u fuking ur gurl(at first she dint liked when i did that, now that i am better she does likes it) listen to other ppl's flow. is not that hard but u need practice. is not like u gonna wake up and be good at it. practice makes better.

yea wit good wording and wit bad ass rhymes schemes it will make ur flow alot better oh and ups you vocab and listen to the beat and hum it till you find the rhythem. dude is just takes time.
    test
  20. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

what the hell is rhythme? lmao
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.