How To Do A Dr Dre Mix

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by TheRealAxis, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

get some new drums
    test
  2. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

No lie, this shit is actually crazy. As far as a Dre mix, can't get one from home. You gon need a real engineer for that.
    test
  3. kojo

kojo New Member

step ur drum programming up, a dre mix cant fix that.
    test
  4. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

Dre is also is in studios with a bunch of effects professors and limiters and the most exspensive mixing boards..

Limiters. .compressors.. 20 000 dollar monitoring systems..

professional engineers...

he has help
    test
  5. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

some of you people are crazy, the beat is fire, and the mix is straight. yeah it ain't a dre mix but it still sounds good as an instrumental
    test
  6. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

you are in the worng place asking for dre like mixes
    test
  7. Krazyjay da Rapper

Krazyjay da Rapper I'm the best there is....

Dr. Dre is only as good as those interns he got behind the boards...Once they get too old, he just go get more. It's a vicious cycle.
    test
  8. TheRealAxis

TheRealAxis New Member

Im From Cali And Im Not Really Tryin To Emulate Dre Thats Just Our Styl Out Hear I Only Named It Dr DRE Beat On Soundclick To Get It Up ThE Charts And DrEs Got One Of The Best Mixes In The Game So Why Not Try To Figure Out Some Ways To Get My Track Even A Little Bit Closer To That Lol You Act Like Im Swagger Jackin A Mix I Was Just Asking With Regard To Does He Pan Alot Of Things?what Does He Make Mono? I Was Just Trying To Step My Mix Game Up A Lil And By The Way I Dont Just Use Fl I Have A Mpc 2000xl And Motif 8 And A Grip Of Sound Modules I Like To Use Fl To Program Drums Then Track Em In To Pro Tools And To Dion Can I Use The Dimond Bundle If I Have Pro Tools M Powered And All Pro Tools Updates Beause I Heard You Can Only Use Pirated Software On Like Didgi 01 Or Older Versions Of Pt If Not Im Intrsted And Phoenix Good Look Fam Im Sendin It Tommarow Morning At Least You Willin To Help Someone If You Need Anything Dont Hesetate To Ask !
    test
  9. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

That mix is not straight. The beat as a whole is fire, but that mix is not straight. I read an article from Dre and he said he doesn't use a lot of EQ's, just the ones that are on the SSL.
    test
  10. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

u need to pan these instruments.......everything is sittin in the middle......that'll get ur mix right.......
    test
  11. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

yea everything in the middle doesnt give each instrument room to breath...

certain isntruments need different mixing depending on the beat and the sounds u use..

Everything at 0 DB smack in the middle is gonna make ur mix really muddy..
    test
  12. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

every producer in the game has been trying to figure out how to get dre like mixes lol

u need excellent sounds for melodies (or live orchestras)...sick ass drums programmed and leveled right..the proper panning..proper amounts of reverb and delay when needed...and the right compression..

mix that all into one..done to perfection..and u have a dre beat...hell probably other shit too lol.

I'm actually paying more attention to mixing and using dre as a reference..its very hard to get even close to how much his shit bangs.
    test
  13. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

as a matter of fact while we're on this topic..someone check this shit

VVVV

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a6gv8m

that snippet up there....I'm not really even tryin to leak that shit too much but I could use some feedback on it.

critique that mix..all the people who have GOOD mixing skills please
    test
  14. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

I'll help you out.

Save up 4 grand and buy all of this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TC Electronic Finalizer Express

Delivers the finishing touches of clarity, warmth, and punch to your mixes.
    test
  15. TheRealAxis

TheRealAxis New Member

YO I APPRECIATE ALL THE GOOD FEEDBACK THIS POST GOT AND I TOOK EVERY ONE OF YALLS ADVIDE LOL SERIOUSLY I LISTENED TO PRIMO AND COPPED THE DIMOND BUNDLE AND USED THE L3 AND ALOT OF EFFECTS FROM THEM AND I WAS IMPRESSED GOOD ADVICE FAM AND FOR EVERYONE THAT WAS SAYIN I WAS JOCKIN DRE A LITTLE TO HARD I DID MY OWN THING ON THIS NEW BEAT I LISTENED TO EVERYBODY THAT SAID I SHOULD PAN MORE OFTEN AND I READ UP ON THAT AND DID THAT AS WELL SO I GOT A NEW BEAT AND USED EVERYBODYS ADVICE I WANNA KNOW IF YALL CAN HEAR A DIFFERENCE HERES THE LINK THE BEATS CALLED "COMPTON" http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/02/default.cfm?bandID=544077&content=song&songID=5865964 ONE THING I DID HAVE A LIL BIT OF TROUBLE WITH IS WHEN I THREW THE L3 ON IT KIND OF TOOK AWAY FROM MY KICKS A LITTLE AND I KNOW YOUR NOT SUPOSED TO BUT I HAD TO COMPENSATE BY TURNING THE VOLUME UP IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME WITH THAT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT LEMME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK IM PROUD OF THIS LOL I HEAR TWISTA OR GAME ON THIS SHIT IF HE SPITS LIKE HE DID ON RED BANDANNA!
    test
  16. slvicick

slvicick New Member

Those speakers are garbage
    test
  17. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

mackies then?
    test
  18. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

damn, this is pretty mean.. the hook is fire!! good job homey
    test
  19. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

jbl lsr series monitors aren't garbage lol

but i'd rather go with some dynaudio, genelec, adam or focal monitors

as for sounding like dre....

step 1: buy an ssl 9000j
    step 2: buy a 24 track studer tape machine
    step 3: file bankruptcy as you've just dropped over a million dollars on shit you probably don't know how to use
    test
  20. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Dam Arcane........Over a Mil?........lol......Thats Real Talk.......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.