how the fuck can an album be classic with NO classic songs???????

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Nimrod, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thug Prophecy

Thug Prophecy Simply the Finest

yea, they have a remix over a beat with a dying in your arms tonight sample which I like.
    test
  2. BLooDSHoTT

BLooDSHoTT R.I.P. Point Game

Jay-z - Most overated emcee of all time
    test
  3. MC Bill Buckner

MC Bill Buckner New Member

the following make this album a good release:

December 4th - good song, solid shit
    What More Can I Say
    Threat
    Moment Of Clarity
    99 Problems

Public Service Announcement, this is my favorite shit on the whole joint but isnt really long enough to hold it down like that

I dont think anyone thinks this is a classic. I think people who like JayZ said it was classic when it first came out because they wanted it to be, but its more like the kanye album, it was hot for a minute and then lost its replay value.
    test
  4. VA slim

VA slim New Member

i think it was a classic... and about the comment of its just because it was his last people give it a boost..thats wit any album...timing has alot to do wit making an album classic... Illmatic was not just a classic cuz of the music..it was becuz he was so young sayin that type of shit...and it was his first album... every classic gets regarded as a classic for different reasons... Life after death? him dyin had NOTHING to do with it? cmon now... its YOUR opinions...not the worlds... and you act like becuz someone comes online they dont exist offline too... " i only see people who call it a classic online"... well YOURE online as well... so is your opinion void just cuz you log onto a website?

mafuckas call joe buddens garbage ass album a classic on this site... go get mad at them... cuz that album was TRASH... hes not...but that album was
    test
  5. ill skillz

ill skillz sirberus mu'fawka

The black album may not be classic.. but theres no denying that the GREY ALBUM is. Its one of the most refreshing listens in a minute.
    test
  6. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

december 4th - classic song ..

what more can i say and moment of clarity can be questioned .. both incredible songs imo ..

this album was a classic in my eyes .. but i do know for a fact that 5-10 years from now it will be a regular thing to hear ppl speak of this album as a classic .. i would put money on it ..

nobody every admits that albums released recently are classics .. ppl don't like to say something is a classic till like at least 5 years after it released ..

God's Son anyone????
    test
  7. Rhawfax

Rhawfax Hold My Pocket

99 problems classic...video=masterpiece...
    test
  8. JoeSmoke Dope

JoeSmoke Dope New Member

my first song, december 4th ... first two i thought bout.

if u cant feel those, you havent been thru shit, or seen anything. these tracks are inspirational, heartfelt, and street .. some ill shit, CLASSIC.

lemme hear two tracks or beats that touch that nimrod you do, cuz u think ur ill and NOTHING i ever heard of your shit is ANYWHERE, remotely close to that ....

self righteous ass ngga ....
    test
  9. MC Bill Buckner

VAslim

i view the term classic and your personal favorite as two differnt categories completely

cmurder life and death is one of my favorite cd's of all time but that sht is nowhere near classic. it bumped in the wip when i bought it and had some of the all time best no limit posse cuts on it.

with that said, illmatic is classic because an overwhelming majority of people agree that it is classic still, and that shit came out in 94.

as for this particular jay z album i dont think after the initial hype of the release most people continue to play on that shit like its classic

you can disagree with me, yeah because it is all opinion.
    test
  10. VA slim

VA slim New Member

the black album is not my fav Jay album...its about my third or fourth...its not even my fav album that dropped THAT day... the love below was... but every song on the black album served its purpose...he spit like a beast... and the beat selection was crazy...it was a fluid album..and got widespread love... thats all i heard when it first dropped...EVERYWHERE... people knew the words to the whole qalbum off the bootleggs before it even dropped... its juts in that akward period where people diss it cuz it got played out...but once that passes in the future it will be brought back up
    test
  11. i dont know how ANYONE can say moment of clarity is a wack beat..
    that shit is fuckin lovely..... still love that beat..
    test
  12. MC Bill Buckner

VASLIM

aight i can dig that. Your saying its a little played out but it will remain fresh for a long time.
    test
  13. BTruth

BTruth Guest

Me and nim ussually agree on most shit, but im sorry. IT didnt have any REAL classic songs, but I felt that every song except change clothes was hella nice.
    test
  14. ArchLyricist

ArchLyricist Watch ya Mouth ~!!

All eminem beats aint bad..

Renegade = sick.. how u cant like renegade..
    test
  15. Speshul Effect

Speshul Effect Handle Ya Business

I'm starting to forget what the term "classic" really is. I'm thinkin an album is a classic if it can be played straight thru with no skipping required. Or, an album that stands the test of time, which none of us can say 'cause the album came out last year.

Would Kanye's album be a "classic" to ya'll?
    test
  16. Its Raw

Its Raw Vice Raw Ya'll

i thought encore was a classic song
    test
  17. ArchLyricist

ArchLyricist Watch ya Mouth ~!!

IMO.. College Dropout.. if not a classic it's a MUST COP..

Black Album = Is NOT..

Kanye took it to a new level w/ that album in a era where gun talk & ice n shit is the only shit sellin..
    test
  18. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

5 years from now everyone will conisder black album classic....possibly kanyes , i pesonally didnt feel kanyes join tlike that tho ..but both those lps had an effect on hiphop as a whole...
    test
  19. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

i dont think black album is classic but dec. 4th is a classic song.
    test
  20. No Homo

No Homo New Member

it was classic because it was jay-z's last album

thats why
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.