How old do you think you'll be when you stop playing video games?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by i Luv Da Cock, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i Luv Da Cock

i Luv Da Cock TRU "GINGER" KID

Let's face it, we all grew up on the video game generation.

The digital generation.

All of us have enjoyed video games.

But can u honestly think to a point in your life where you would actually stop playing video games altogether? Like "shit im too old to be doing this"

because for me, I don't see it.

I know 40 year olds who are addicted to them, especially PC games like Warcraft.
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

All i know is....i'll be dead before then...

or just unable to play em ..lol...
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Well..if u asked this question abt two yrs ago......the answer would probably be never. Now....the game market sucks so bad that I see myself cutting it out with the games within the next 2 yrs. I BARELY play games anymore...I'd be lucky to play once a week now. But, if there were some good games...I'd be playing more frequently. I feel too old for this sometimes though....I'll grow up....one day.
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Word, I hardly play my shit anymore...and im 23. Not so much because I dont like gaming, but because I only play the top notch games. I dont bother with mediocre titles. Whats the point? Im not too big on multiplayer now either, and thats what seems to make or break a game these days. The ONLY game im really looking forward to is Resident Evil 5, and Metal Gear 4 if it goes multi platform. Ill prolly have sold my systems for next to nothing and quit gaming by 25.
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

the whole grow up idea is stupid to me.....

that's like saying your to old to watch tv or something........you gotta be over 18 to play most games now anyway, and guess what that means your an adult..lol...

only reason you'll stop playing, is if you want to.......if you don't like any new games out or whatever....not cause you "grew up"

me personally, i'm sure there will allways be something i want to play.....
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Actually growing up has alot to do with it. Ive noticed the older I get...the less I care about things I used to care about. Like hiphop. Almost all of it is wack to me these days...but really, the shit aint changed that much.

As for video games. There really isnt ALOT of innovations. I mean, they got the same old franchises running that were running on old ass playstation and shit. Im not talking about the real popular ones like Mario and Zelda. But they still got "Need For Speed", "Test Drive". I really cant even fuck with a game like that...because its always the same old shit. NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY CHANGE IT, its the same shit. It comes a time where you've seen everything video games have to offer, and you just become bored with it. That comes with age.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

well there racing games......I mean i guess you like the type of games that aint really gonna change much.

I play FPS's, Third Person shooters, Action Games, RPG's, Fighting Games......so i'm allways getting new stuff and innovative shit to play....

The whole pop and stop shit for Gears is crazy.......Then Mass effect is coming out which could be the greatest game ever made.....Basically you choose where the story is going more than any other game.......Bioshock on some crazy AI type shit...

I don't know, technology is allways being improved and things are only getting better. This is the most exiting point in gaming ever.

Only thing about getting older for me, is i get less time to actually play games...lol...

it's just entertainment......there are alot of bad games, but there are evne more bad movies dosn't take away from the dope ones IMO....
    test
  8. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

i wanna make video games as a side career..

so yeah.. never.. just like hip hop
    test
  9. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Yea, I totally agree with Oz. Growing older has ALOT to do with things. I'll be honest...I am 26 yrs. old. When you grow older you start to think about things differently...the world...videogames...etc. People my age come from the ancient era of videogames where we actually KNOW what a quality game is..and what isn't. Like Oz said...developers are doing nothing but "rehashing" old games...etc. Me personally...I am also looking forward to RE5, and MGS4 if it goes multiplatform. I also want to play devil may cry 4. That'll be it for me though. I come from Pac-Man/Atari Mario/Nintendo days dude...that's when games had "substance". these games nowadays are are just focused on graphically enhancing games....most of the time the games wind up being boring...etc.
    test
  10. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

when i am unable too..

i know ima be that grandpa that smashes all the grandkids in madden, nba 2k7, halo and fight night..
    test
  11. i Luv Da Cock

i Luv Da Cock TRU "GINGER" KID

this is true, especially with nintendo

but i think the reason they keep remaking or creating sequels instead of more original shit is because of the age you come from.

u come from the old school, so the old games are what's gonna draw the then-demographic such as yourself who are now in their mid-20s
    test
  12. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Yea u have a point. But..I know to the younger generation...these new games are probably on an amazing type level...because well...younger people are just getting into videogames...hence.."next generation". I'm an old school kinda guy though. =o)
    test
  13. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

lol @ "people my age know what a quality video game was like".

I'm sorry. But you're fucking retarded if you think anything in the past with video games was better than it is now. I'm 24. I got the nintendo when it came out, and all my friends got all the other systems as soon as they dropped.

They keep getting better it's just your "in the good ol' days" mentality is kicking in. Which means, you're letting yourself get old. You'll be watching re-run television channels soon and going to bed at 7pm so you can power-walk in the morning.

"growing up" is in your mind. If you still watch action movies.... think about how silly it really is.
    test
  14. RedMaster

RedMaster Epic Butt sucka

What do u mean by they "keep getting better"?

just explain that a bit more, because other than improved graphics and improved interactivity like online or multiplayer, the "better" part about it is still up in the air.

Because if Super Mario Bros. 3 is the biggest selling video game of all time, which came out wayyy before any Xbox, Playstation, or Sega Dreamcast, then.....what exactly makes the games today that much greater?
    test
  15. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Well the original Gran Turismo was one of my favorite games ever. I prolly clocked more hours on that, than any other game.
    I like action and shooters. I really dont think a racing game is worth a 60 dollar purchase anymore. I mean, you know what it is...your racing lol. I used to like Racing games alot tho.
    test
  16. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Well the context changes. You remember a game for how hope it was then, not how dope it is now. The original Metal Gear is far better than all the sequels. Same for Gran Turismo. Only thing added is garbage features and better graphics. A good game is defined by how much fun you have/had with it, now necessarily how good it looks/looked.
    test
  17. RedMaster

RedMaster Epic Butt sucka

I think the latest Tekkens, 5 and Dark Ressurection, are the best in the series.

The gameplay is alot faster, there's more modes like customization, and a more balanced, overall better playing experience that would otherwise never be available in the earlier versions.

So yes, some games can become iller over time. Not necessarily that shit u say about how the earliest are always the dopest. there's a difference between having fun with a game and enjoying that particular title and how much better a game has become from old to new versions.

if its ur personal experience then thats great, but that doesnt necessarily mean anything u play for the first time is the best, just because it was the first experience. it just means, for you, it was that initial experience.
    test
  18. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I would rate the original nintendo and it's MASSIVE lineup of FUN games over Xbox 360 and PS3 ANY DAY. The gameplay from the original nintendo..dude..even super nintendo..craps on ANY GAME for 360 or PS3. Yes, if you play them now..you might think that the graphics are wack..etc....but back then but it was what? the 1980's to early 1990's and we still thought the graphics were groundbreaking in reference to Atari etc.....gameplay was the idea my friend. Nintendo has the best bang for its buck. When you get a chance..check this site out http://www.virtualnes.com/ Go ahead an relive the days of Nintendo for an hour at least...then immediately go play a game for Xbox 360...you'll see the difference immediately. It'll make you want to sell these garbage next gen consoles and their rehashed, lazy designed games. My Xbox 360 is currently sitting on the floor..disconnected...funny thing is...I don't care. My PS2 is a dust collector as well...I'd rather play Nintendo all over again.

Funny thing is..back in the days...Nintendo wasn't concerned about making the NES an 8 track player or a top loading cassette player/game playing machine. It was ALL about arcade quality games. Now, look where we are...granted..we should be here..but still..who would have imagined that my game console would be playing DVDs or BlueRays and have all these confusing cords for High Def connections. I don't care abt that stuff...I just want to be able to plug in two cords(RF cable and power cord)...and I want to play a FUN game...not some boring, eye candy.
    test
  19. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I never said all the older versions are the best. You made a general statement in saying all next generation games are better. I pointed out a few I thought otherwise. Id rather play Metal Gear Solid than either of the sequals. Hell, I actually bought the remake Twin Snakes on gamecube.

I do agree some games that are next generation are ages ahead. Resident Evil 4 shits on anything in that series...Sports and Racing games always improve because its funamentally the same thing, all you have to change is the graphics.

I do agree with Wrect somewhat. I mean, its gonna be a time where we think the shit we are playing now is shit. As it is, I wont play any Playstation game, or PS2 game. But thats not to say they were any less of a game.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.