how much money does the wwe make a year

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by chop stick, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abzinthe

abzinthe let's get incredible.

differ with what?
    test
  2. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

that 50 million is good.
    test
  3. abzinthe

$50 million would be a great profit for any mlb team. maybe not for the league as a whole, but wwe isn't exactly a giant professional league. i said it's good no matter what business you're in, not no matter what business you are.
    test
  4. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

I believe it's actually pretty good, but I believe it's more subjective to what market your playing in. Like in Boston, New York, Chicago or LA, 50 million might be so so, but if you turn that kind of profit in small markets like Milwaukee, Kansas City, etc...Then it's not bad
    test
  5. people are profiting more than that from websites tho
    test
  6. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

like what google.com ?

i know the dallas cowboys made way more than 50 millin dollars.. and dallas isnt even that big. at least i dnt think it is..

just another example.
    test
  7. abzinthe

actually, with revenue sharing in mlb, the small market teams end up making as big of a profit as the major market teams, if not bigger if they keep a tiny payroll like the marlins or rays. i thought i read somewhere that the record profit for an mlb team is like $42 million, which i believe was set by the marlins.
    test
  8. abzinthe

in revenue maybe, but i don't know about profits. dallas is probably more profitable than most teams though, because they're one of those teams that sells lots of merchandise outside of their home town/state.
    test
  9. abzinthe

some sites make more, but in general if you're making a $50 million profit, you're doing really really well.
    test
  10. Wanderlei Sabba

Wanderlei Sabba The Strats Murderer

Paul Heyman would've killed for a $5 profit.
    test
  11. abzinthe

the impressive thing is that while wcw did make a good profit for two years, vince has made those kinds of profits for 9 out of the last 10 years, and it would be ten straight if it wasn't for the turd that was 2002 creatively and the total failure of the world (wwf new york).
    test
  12. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Of course the Marlins are going to turn a profit like that, when you have a payroll of something like 20 some odd million dollars it makes it easier. They also have shitty crowd turnouts. So if a small market team is banking that much then they are doing good but in the Marlins case it's deceiving since they keep payroll so low.
    test
  13. no..... the owner of digg.com made 80 million last year and he only spent 1000

and when he started he only spent 1000 and starting making 300K A Mo

twitter would of made 500 Million but they declined the offer from facebook

social networking sites are doing pretty well
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.