how much hp can a 8-12lb boost provide?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by De'yon, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

I'm still condsidering a turbo/super charger for my 92 Grand prix GT 3.1 V6.

the previous owner did a couple mods (I think feul system and computer) but it bumped the hp up from the factory 140hp to an estimated 150-155 and I just got my heads shaved and polished witch is should up me 5-15hp

so I'm in the area of 150-170hp ..

I'm told its only safe to run between 8-12psi boost on engine with a stock bottom end......so I thoughte of using the manifolds and turbo off of a 1990 mcleran turbo grand prix or use the eaton roots blower and TB from a gm or ford 3.8 with a custom aluminum adapter box

but would it be worth if I cn only run around 10psi?

cause if not I could just save my money and get a caddy 4.9 swap kit
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

aren't you going to need a standalone unit?

8-12 on a stock bottom, huh?...

And is this with a blower or turbo. Cause the topic is lbs and the above says psi?... so which one.

I guess turbo wise you will be around 220hp range, with the right fuel injectors and wastegate...and a better turboback exhaust setup... maybe around 240?

But wait what is the turbo used on the Grand prix... more info is needed. I think you might want to go all engine and get the caddy 4.9 and have fun with that.
    test
  3. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

well I ve helped buld quite a few all motor engine but I'm remidial when it comes to turbo/superchargers and water injection and all that.

I've seen custom intakes for the 3.4 dhoc v6 and sence its possible to swap the top end from a 3.4 dohc to a 3.1 pushrod cause they both use the 2.8 v6's bottom end.....I i could do the top end swap and opt for a hi performance intake.....(that way I dont have to order any over priced custome moter mounts or or go threw the pain in the ass of making the big v8 fit in a whole made a v6..

buy I gotta check and see if the swap converts the 3.1 into a dohc engine....if so I think I'll go that rout and look into stand alone fuel and ignition and what not
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.