How much do you Bench and Curl???

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LeKCheR, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

I Bench 275.... I work out with 225

On curling bar I go up to 120 7 times(the most ive tried)

On tris I go to 120 on skull crunchers....

About 4 months ago I couldnt do half of any of that.... I also started on a new cycle of some Test 400... was on some Sus and Deca then did half a cycle of Test 300... whats yalls stats??
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

only type of curls i do are incline DB curls which i did 50s for 8 today and some shit a friend showed me where you get on the cable thing for pushdowns, get a bench lie on it and then curl all the way to your head. he said he got it from Marcus Ruhl.

i just started deadlifting again and i hit 405x2 on monday, looking to test out 450 for 1 or 405x3 this coming monday.

i close-gripped 185x8 today(6/27)

i benched 225x6 last monday.

i also hit 135x9 on overhead press or military, whatever the fuck it is idk i just take a weight and put it over my head. then i did 185 for 2 i think, i forget the exact weight. but it wasnt anything lower than 185.

im 20
    6'ft
    197.9 as of my last weigh in about 4 or 5 days ago. i use a wicked accurate scale too, i hate going to people bathrooms and the shit says i weigh like 210.
    ive also been training around 2 years i think. 90% of the time it was just fucking around anyway. ive been training seriously for about 8 months i think. idk, im not good with tracking the time ive spent doing this.
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i actually just had a 2 week break from my gym since my trainer was out of town, so i hit up the normal gym a few times just to get to use some barbells and stuff.

i was surprised how much my bench decreased since the last time i'd been to a normal gym (at least a 14-15 months ago). we dont have a barbell at the gym i go to so its all kettle balls and d balls.

with everything else i was way stronger, but my bench went down a lot.

the first time i went there i did 165x8, the 2nd time i did 175x6, the 3rd 185 x 5. i'll probably start going once every week or so to just bench and do a couple more exercises, mostly just to get my bench back up. i'm sure it'll shoot right back up as soon as i get used to it again. those were the first 3 times i'd benched in a long time, i'm sure i'll get it back up in no time.

i weigh 155
    test
  4. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Bench - 275x2

DB Curls - 55x8

I curled 135 on the BB 1x...but I swung the shit out of it so I guess that doesn't count

I'm a solid 184-186
    test
  5. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I max on bench at 245

I do 225 maybe 4 times.

DB curls - 45x8,

Meh, I'm still working. I'm just starting to get serious. I'm 205.
    test
  6. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

I decline bench with 225x8 3 sets...I dont really do flat bench anymore, its weird I can do almost twice as much on decline bench as I can on incline...cuz of the use of the triceps..ive got pretty strong arms
    I curled 135 with the straight bar once as a dare....that shit hurt...usually workout with 75x8 3 sets with the EZ curl bar and/or do 30x20 with DB's 3 sets until burnout..havent done the DB's in awhile tho
    test
  7. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

That's because it is physically easier to lift weight at a decline vice at an incline....everyone is like that, not just you bro.
    test
  8. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

^ what're you talking about...

most people incline bench way more than they decline bench...

decline bench is very awkward and uncomfortable for me personally, but I find that to be the same for most people.
    test
  9. absolute zero

nah, i decline more than i incline. it's just harder to me.
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

if youre better at incline versus decline chances are youre a "shoulder bencher" which means you do most of the work with your shoulders since they play much more in an incline. im guessing in your overall body proportions your delts look a lot better than your chest does.

maybe use more DBs on flat bench or fatigue the chest either directly before or after a bench set. i also feel i get much more chest isolation using the Hammer Strength bench press machine.

dont get me wrong a legitimate benchpress has its place and its always fun to see where you stand on it but for the purpose of just looking good/getting bigger it isnt an absolute necessity.

*and in a perfect world yes, youre decline should be higher than youre incline.
    test
  11. Got Life?

I unno...i'm 6'5 around 290 right now and for me when i'm upside down on the decline it's rather awkward doing decline bench...that and my head always hits the bar as i'm getting under it...

could just be me.
    test
  12. XxLiLBuRnAxX

You can adjust the bar so you dont hit your head on it on some decline bench's. But yeah with decline bench you use your triceps and your chest so you can lift more weight. I know plenty of people who, once they get the hang of it, can decline bench much more than they can flat bench..me being one of them.

But i have never met anyone who could incline more than they could decline or flat bench...that's pretty ironic
    test
  13. Got Life?

not the ones at my gym...and yeah i unno bout more incline than flat bench...but as far as decline that's just no dice for me and my tris are massive...i think it's just the awkwardness of the lift that has me doing lighter weight with it...that and the fact that it's one of the excercises I hit towards the end of my chest workout.
    test
  14. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Yeah I agree it "feels" really weird. Like when I put 225 on there even to this day when I first unrack it the weight feels overwhelming like there is no way in hell I will ever do this. But once its into position it feels better and I do my sets. Its hard to explain, but I know what you mean.
    test
  15. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

I have never in my life seen someone who could Incline more than they could Decline. Your chest is either seriously lacking or your shoulders are seriously jacked.

Oh yeah...I seen some dude Incline Benching 405, no spotter, like 3-4 reps per set. That fucking guy was out of his mind...just felt like sharing that lol
    test
  16. XxLiLBuRnAxX

yeah thats pretty crazy Ive never seen anyone incline more than 225 before. I dont see too many people doing the barbell incline, mostly they do em with the DB's
    test
  17. Got Life?

it's def gotta be my shoulders being seriously jacked...I put up way to much for my chest to be lacking...but in light of this thread i'ma hit decline first on my next chest day and see if it's just that I hit it towards the end and the exhaustion sets in.

i'll update accordingly.
    test
  18. absolute zero

there's this crazy bitch that goes to my gym i saw her inclining 205 the other day.

I think she's a woman anyways. What a freak.
    test
  19. Got Life?

how big was she?
    test
  20. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I can push 225, 25 times.

I max about eh 410 - 420.

Curls, lol shit I can do the 80's 6 times. So that's 160 for you folk who aren't gym rats.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.