How Much Do Rappers Charge For A Verse ? Famous ones.

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by SHITTY Bang Bang, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

thats what vast chaged me two yrs ago

that was the going rate for kool g when i was shopping around before
    i think we talked him down to 1500

also hit up slick rick while he was in dallas, he said 2g's
    sean price told me a g.
    test
  2. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Don't pay for verses, just jack lines from Sykull
    test
  3. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Sean Price - 1000 (never got the verse lol)
    Brooklyn Academy - 400 or so each person....block mccloud charged me like 100 or something for a hook

Beats from BeatButcha was like 400dollars for 5 or something.....

I was gonna get a bunch more features but the Sean Price thing made me decide I was being a fool lol

PEACE
    test
  4. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

You paid Sean Price a G and he didn't do anything?
    test
  5. MRsalesman

MRsalesman Well-Known Member

Well he probably bought some weed, coke and fucked a girl. One would assume it was a good deal for him.
    test
  6. SiFu

lol init.....the story is he was on tour with Jedi Mind Tricks, they was coming to SD for a show and we was gonna do the track then....we was talking on the phone and everything lol I western unioned the g to like philly or something coz he was there for a show....the day of the SD show I call him and he says they still in LA and they on their way down....I call the venue the show is locked.....about 2hrs later I get a text saying Vinnie Paz has strep throat they cancelled the show and aint coming to SD....I was going back UK the next week for a wedding or christmas or something and I said I'd hit him up when I get back and he can just send me the verse, hes said cool....I get back from UK and he no longer answers his phone all I hear is "This is Seymour Skagnetty" but in a Sean P kinda way as I listen to the voivemail message lol I leave messages etc etc nothing....I've had maybe 4 or 5 different people who have done tracks with him since ask him about it and he denys knowing anything about it or who I am lol I dont doubt he'd forget me but c'mon now.....when so many people bring it up he has to know...****us he's done tracks with EVERYONE and never ripped them off so I dunno why he'd do it to me :( wack

He still one of my favorite rappers tho

PEACE
    test
  7. Shapey Fiend

Shapey Fiend New Member

In fairness Wayne, T-Pain and Drake are better at writing a pop hook than most people. Plus they're worth it from an audience perspective as people said.

I think Gucci Mayne did 180+ guest spots in 2009. I'm guessing he was doing a lot of them for nothing just because he wanted to break through by being on the most tracks humanly possible. Of course if you've no audience then he's not going to be interested.
    test
  8. TenFold

TenFold Planet Rock Nano-Bot

word, dude is def the most hated for some reason..i know the dude though, he means well, hes a cool kid..

test
  9. TenFold

TenFold Planet Rock Nano-Bot

word up Sifu..thats the kinda shit that keeps me buildin' with fam..its more proper like that anyway..

test
  10. Wizz513

Wizz513 Member

nah, dude drake has been rapping for awhile now even when degrassi was still airing. drake and trey were doing tracks together before trey got big

sry to bump this old ass shit tho lol
    test
  11. Austin Rivers

Austin Rivers New Member

my girl nicki chargin 50k for a feature nowadayz
    test
  12. Micky D

Micky D New Member

Bizarre charges about a tenner innit
    test
  13. PISTOL CASTLES

PISTOL CASTLES New Member

yeah, how much did he charge cruger?
    test
  14. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

Different rates based on current/past success and fame. Yukmouth is like $1500, Biz from D12 is like $700.

It's easy to have features, you just need to be willing to pay the artist(s).

I don't think you can just pay a current successful artist like Rihanna 20K+ and she's on your song. It don't work like that. There's terms & conditions made as to how you use the Vocals with the Record Label/Company.
    test
  15. Slick Jeronimo

Slick Jeronimo OTBVA Senator Nominee

if you would of had everything on paper this would be a different story.

contracts homie, read it up
    test
  16. SiFu

would it have been different tho??

Would I have paid to have him served....goto to NY or have him come to CA and take him to court over a grand?? would I really go thru all that hassle?? I dont think so bruv lmao

It was 3yrs ago at least 07 even I think....

I took a risk coz I had done good business with the people who put me in contact with him in the first....it didnt work out....

I still aint finished the mixtape...got nuff tracks recorded (one with PH that is absolute flames imo) that people will probably never hear....Ness just did me an Amazing Chorus for a track Im finishing....

But my dreams of being a rapper and famous are over...I do it for fun and myself now...

I realized that everyone was paying for features and it was no longer worth it....I thought it would help me 'sell' copies lmao what a dumbyoungass I was lmao

PEACE
    test
  17. willyword

willyword New Member

i saw lil boosie on a video a while back doin tracks with dudes in milwaukee and they were givin him $8,000 a verse... n he did like 4 right there... it's on youtube somewhere
    test
  18. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

I charge 500 tbh
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

sifu...would you mind sending me some joints? im a fan
    test
  20. bobbaforce

bobbaforce I don't give a nada