How much damage you think an actual monk would do in UFC?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Gorilla Nasty, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i never said he was the best, but he was certainly renowned as one of the best, and certainly was the basis for the creation of mma as we know it.
    test
  2. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

you don't know what external or internal qi-qong is....

your name is "Sifu" and you're dismissing kung fu

do you know that the ying-yang symbol is symbolic of being able to heal/destroy?

thats what Monks do-they empower and heal themsleves, but can turn this power on anyone or anything stupid enough to attack them...

nothing funnier than a guy name "Sifu" dismissing kung fu;u are a posting contradiction

you're such a fraud
    test
  3. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

lol how am I dismissing kung fu?? coz I dont think its effective against MMA dudes?? lol now your the one making assumptions hahahaha

My beleif in kung-fu is very strong....but not Wushu and the monks of today are not like of old...I keep saying that your the one dismissing it.....

You think when the temple was burned down last time and only like 5 masters escaped and had to teach in secret, as well as all their books being burned etc etc that today they know everything they knew back then???

Your acting like Shoalin monks are super men....and can do magic an shit lol they cant they are men just like the rest of us....there are no such thing as super powers lol

I've always been the person to say MMA is boring to watch coz they all have the same backrounds and that some people with wing chun or other styles as their base could adapt it really well for MMA, the only problem is most wing chun moves would be illegal in MMA, but as a base (like Machida and karate)) and adapted I think it could do well in the stand up side of things....no-one does it tho its all muay thai and kickboxing.....

Your just defending something you know cant be proved

PEACE
    test
  4. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

They would shit on any MMA fighter...yup I said it

anyone with a functional brain can see I've made several points....you keep missing them...

what I've been saying...

not absolutely-but there near the top-based on there training regement

No-you really don't; and unlike others on this site I can tell....you're posing

"in times of peace prepare for war-in times of war prepare for peace"

you know bullshit....

bullshit-you aren't providing any real proof....thts what everyoone believes as they drink there beers in there recliners, thinking they are watching the "ultimate fighters"....

MMA sport figting is an artificial arena-set up to protect the "athletes" from getting serious injury....

In Combat-you have to be willing to kill your attacker; you don't seem to understand this basic principle....the reason REAL combat oriented martial artist don't really compete in tournaments....

its a fake scenario-in combat there are NO RULES

the reason they avoid conflict-as situations can escalate rather quickly when there is no refferee

Sifu my ass....
    test
  5. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

you're still posing though....u should change
    your name to "MMA-master" or some shit

the basic training is the same....*sigh*

stop assuming

there is a such thing as internal power, that can be cultivated...there are countless books on this stuff u ignoramous....

I suggest reading "Mantak Chia"...a world-wide acclaimed qi gong master who *GASP* uses chi to heal others instead of breaking bricks---whoa...

I guess Shaolin monks doing demo's of resisting spears, and penetrating solid glass with needles is just "smoke n mirrors" huh?

sport fighting with rules for saftey

and your just posing with the name "Sifu" talking what you don't know....
    test
  6. SiFu

bruv your annoying as fuck....now you saying in a real fight you have to be willing to KILL your opponent but monks are against killing!?!?! so what you talking about??? Monks in Shoalin are tourist draws they aint fighting bandits to protect their temple anymore lol They get money from entertaining tourists an shit.....didnt they do a broadway show as well??? yea thats what real combat fighting styles do....they perform exhibitions and simulated sparring hahahaha

Seriously jump off the Shoalin dick....

I cant beleive I'm even arguing with you coz I'm saying I think there's dudes that do real martial arts that know kill moves a UFC fighter would get murked by, and that traditional styles still has a place in MMA and can be really effective....

You just sound like a child...."Monks can jump of cliffs and leave no footprints in the sand and can float they dont even walk.....not to mention you could stab them in the neck with a spear and you'd break the spear coz they bodies is Iron" lol

its fantasy land.....

PEACE
    test
  7. SiFu

They place spears then apply pressure....and not everyone can do it only certain monks...just like certain people can stab skewers into they arms an pull them out without bleeding and shit....its a trick....its not for fighting.....yes its for meditation and meditation has real power....(again read a real life mans work on fighting to the death...book of five rings by Musashi) you must meditate to be dope, of course.....but throwing needles thru a glass is a trick....braking glass bottle tops off with your fingers is a trick....sure dudes got strong fingers but how do you use them????

I dunno your a brick wall....you believe the hype I'll just have to leave you to it

PEACE
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

[youtube]JRxhlJGYe1o[/youtube]
    test
  9. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

So breaking 10 concrete blocks or balancing your body on a spear isn't superhuman?

:bwahaha:

Dude you're a fucking moron.
    test
  10. SiFu

Its not super human coz lots of humans can do it you twat lol so playing the piano is super human?? not everyone can do it but with practice and the right genetics you can play beautifully.....its not super human lol

Carefully balancing on a spear is not like being in a fight and dude stabbing you in the neck repeatedly and cutting your hands and arms while you try to stop it....

Again coz some dont like to comprehend....I'm all for Shoalin I love it since 3yrs old I used to think like you lot do that they was some super beings but reality has set in and being rational about it it aint true.....

That dont discredit the very important internal aspects of it, if MMA dudes studied and used it I think it would go to the next level in terms of fighting, that dude Musashi talked about how important it is to meditate on all possible forms of attack from your opponent and play out infinate fight scenarios in your head that guy was a Samurai who had duels and survived namean......its very important and very much ignored in MMA today....HOWEVER the monks work on that shit but not the actual real life fighting aspects of it and dont apply it to todays possible fighting encounters, therefore as an external art its kinda dated and needs heavy adaptation, something they are not interested in coz they are monks who adhere to tradition and no longer having a need to fight on a battle field to defend themselves they just use the forms for spiritual purposes and have no care if it would work in a real fight.....they dont care!!!!!

Are there some crazy old dudes who would kill some young gun MMA dude?? I do think so but them dudes have life or death experience as well as the training...example

[youtube]J4EletR7Is8[/youtube]

Some styles are for killing not for sport namean

PEACE
    test
  11. SiFu

damn thats not the clip I wanted to post....its that episode tho some old dude who's a knife fighter....crazy old man lol

PEACE
    test
  12. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

So what you're saying is you can balance on a spear?

I mean it's just a trick right?

Playing piano is just a trick too right?

Doesn't take advanced coordination, discipline, dedication, etc.?

No different than snapping your fingers TBH.
    test
  13. SiFu

what the fuck are you on?? we talking regards to FIGHTING!!!! of course its skill did you read what I wrote??? thought not

PEACE
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I dissagree, with bruce lee's work ethic he would probably become advanced in mostly all elements of MMA.

I mean yeah, untrained he'd probably get controlled, but i wouldn't doubt he'd be on some GSP shit (minus the lay n pray) and advance his wrestling to an expert level.

Plus he'd be fighting like, fly weight or something..lol

Bruce lee was all about Applicable ways of fighting, not tradition, so if it didn't work he would find something that would and work on that
    test
  15. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

This. But I also think ZBG was saying if you took Bruce Lee out of his era at his peak and put him in this one, cold-turkey.

Not if Bruce Lee had been born and raised in this era.
    test
  16. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

exactly. i'm talkin about bruce lee as he was at the time, not as he would be after training.

trust, if he was who he was, but now, with the knowledge of the new forms of fighting...he would be ridiculously dominant.
    test
  17. SiFu

Name someone 135lb you think would beat bruce??

PEACE
    test
  18. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

referring to MMA as "UFC" disqualifies you from having any kind of opinion on the sport
    test
  19. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

word, then "Untrained" he'd probably get layed and prayed (although i'm not sure how his grappling was i'm sure he knew some submissions)

Bruce lee was one of the originators of the idea of mixed martial arts, so that's kind of an unfair comparison i think
    test
  20. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

which was exactly my point. i know it's an unfair comparison, but we have nothing to go by except what he was like when he was alive.

so i use bruce lee at his skill level while he was alive vs. someone now.

if it were young bruce lee now, with all his training plus incorporating all different styles of grappling & wrestling, we'd see one of the perfect specimens of standup & take down. probably the best p4p in the world.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.